Sign in to follow this  
smacker909

SP: Tankistan Control / work in progress

Haha.. That was a fun read KBK. Thanks! Glad you are liking the mission. -- I hope you didn't let the truck get away.. the one that was tagging along behind the BTR40's ;)

---------- Post added at 03:21 ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 ----------

Juggernaut, i'll see what I can do. I have had this problem when interrogating in the city just south of the air base.. causes hostiles to spawn to close to the base.

Yes I think that is the problem. I start interrogating in Bastam since it's close. A fix would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hehe nah I figured that truck was important so I snatched an RPG from a dead hadji and blew that sucker up! Big truck with an Explosives sign on it, now way I'm not gonna light that candle up!

I was thinking about the starting position and the discussion you had before about randomizing it and stuff. What I would like to see, personally, would be a number of set starting positions and then randomize which one you start in. What I'm getting to here is to have a bunch of FOBs or PBs at places that seem natural, like the old military installations, the airports and such where it feels natural that an occupying force would set up a base. Have them permanently set up, defended ofc, so that you can randomly start in one and then go pay a visit to the others of you feel like it. Not too many though, only a handful so it still feels like you're in bandit country.

But I have no idea how all this modding and mission making works so that may be a huge task and too much to ask for.

Edited by KBK

Mission updated. Now we have random start position. Also removed manned vehicles (repair truck and transport) from start position, this takes care of Juggernaut's issue of base getting destroyed by hostiles.

Updated 8/11

- Random start position

- Transport chopper is now spawned

- Removed repair truck, now just point and repair

- Blackhawk is purchased instead of unlocked

Please let me know of any issues or comments. Thanks!

Edited by smacker909

Mission updated. Now we have random start position.

Updated 8/11

- Random start position

:868:

Sry guys, found issue where reinforcement chopper would sometimes not arrive.. would instead go to the southern air base :( I think I have fixed the problem. Did several tests and so far okay. Link is updated with fixed mission.

Tested the mission out for a good 2 hours. Everything's working great! I have a simple suggestion and a couple minor bugs to report.

Can you give us at least 5 more seconds to clear out after planting the charge for the enemy HQ or even let the player set it off like the 'touch off' vanilla menu command? I still got nuked while I was even sprinting away LOL!

Also I noticed a rare occurrence where a hostile civilian with a handgun could not die and was just running around invincible (probably had some crazy "sherm"!). I couldn't get close enough to see if he'd fire or not however. That happened only once. Another less than common occurrence was when I saw a few hostile civis pull their handguns out (couple separate occasions), fire off a couple of rounds then tuck their handguns away only to be stuck in the invisible rifle pose afterwards. Might just be the transfer of civilian to hostile East bug. Anyway enough small gripin'. Can't wait until you implement some balanced suicide bombing (if that's possible), if you do choose to anyway, that'd be off the hook. Paranoia +10.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Elaboration/Clarification/Butchered Grammar

At this point the mission seems perfect to me. All we need now is balanced bombers (somehow) and the mission on other islands - specifically Chernarus and Lingor. I love Lingor so much. It's my favorite island I've ever played in any ArmA game, even compared to BIS made ones.

Updated 8/12

- Civilian interrogation can now yield intel on IED factory

- Added a few seconds and count down display to bombs for H.Q., Caches, IED factory.

--

I'll work on suicide bomber, but Fock's current implementation only puts the bombers around the factory, after you find it. So I will see what I can do for town bombers ;)

On the porting.. probably not anytime soon. Anyone is of course welcome to do that.

Updated 8/12

- Civilian interrogation can now yield intel on IED factory

- Added a few seconds and count down display to bombs for H.Q., Caches, IED factory.

--

I'll work on suicide bomber, but Fock's current implementation only puts the bombers around the factory, after you find it. So I will see what I can do for town bombers ;)

:notworthy: Thanks again.

Okay - Now we have chance to spawn suicide bomber during interrogation. Be on alert! Your mission can end very quickly ;) You will know about the bomber once he is close and you will have a small window to shoot him or run. Probably best to shoot him though because chances of escaping the blast zone are pretty slim :) I did as much testing as I could today, so if any issues - please let me know. Thanks!

Very nice work ~ Will be testing the new update today, thanks!:yay:

Ran into something last night while playing the latest mission. After some interrogations I was able to learn intel on the H.Q. Because of it's location on the map (S.W corner) and proximity to only one road.. I was able to setup a road block in the next town over (disabled a civilian vehicle in the middle of the street... poor bastard) and successfully picked off convoy after convoy. I was thinking, it may be best to move the H.Q. after three or so convoys or maybe within a period of time after it's location is known. Of course if the location was more centered on the map, it wouldn't have been so easy. I have to say, it was one of my more satisfying experiences with this mission so far ;) although I felt a little like I was cheating.

Updated 8/13

- Corrected suicide bomber issue - If you left a town where a bomber

was activated but never touched off his bomb.. you would not have

chance of spawn another bomber in other towns.

Often, some armed (rifle,rpg) Civilians or whatever are invisible (not hostile), they kill all my team.

This makes the mission unplayable.

Hmm.. maybe you just didn't spot them before they got you... Not invisible :)

Civs only get pistols and once in a while bomb vest (for now). rifles, rpgs are insurgents. There is always *chance* one or more will spawn from between 550 to 250m from your position when you interrogate. So if you interrogate allot in short time, they will be coming for you.. It may take a little time before they get to.

Edited by smacker909

Ok the last time, he was an insurgent Rpg, he destroyed our two vehicles, all units disembark, he comes near us 5m, killed everyone with his rifle, strange.

Often, some armed (rifle,rpg) Civilians or whatever are invisible (not hostile), they kill all my team.

That's an insurgency for ya. Smacker909 did a good job provoking the necessary readiness your team will require as you initially leave your base and especially enter a civilian town. Don't let your guard down!

I have no problem with the civilians but only with the insurgent will spawn after i interrogate, my units do not recognize the insurgent as a hostile, don't react and they are killed.

Insurgents are spawned on EAST side, so if you guys don't recognize them.. They need better training :)

Lol, that's the problem ! Don't understand why ?

Run 1.62 lasted Beta. No addons.

Maybe try increasing your skillFriendly setting in your profile. There is nothing these scripts are doing to effect skill settings.