Sign in to follow this  
KnessX

How do I install Mission packs for multiplayer?

I have ArmA 2: Free and I have tried installing Mission Packs but I dont quite know how is it a mission pack because When I put the Files in mission pack to MPMissions I try to play on them I only see 1 new mission instead of all the other missions it said it would have. So how does It work?

Hi Welcome to BIS forums!

can you post a link to the mission pack your trying to load or play with?

KnessX so which mission were you able to play as theres a ton of here in this pack.

the files that have ACE in the tile require ACE mod, and Arma2free dont support mods.

The files that have Everon in the title require the island everon which is considered a mod,

and again you have Arma2free, suggest you just buy the game and solve all your problems.

KnessX so which mission were you able to play as theres a ton of here in this pack.

the files that have ACE in the tile require ACE mod, and Arma2free dont support mods.

The files that have Everon in the title require the island everon which is considered a mod,

and again you have Arma2free, suggest you just buy the game and solve all your problems.

The only one I was able to play was co40 domia2 west [2.11]

And I saw your post about how to import Missions into the editor and it said something about opening pbo files and I never opened the pbo files All I did was just download the mission pack

and put everything in it in the MPMissions folder I didnt do anything to the way it came from when you first download it Just put it in the MPMissions folder

The only one I was able to play was co40 domia2 west [2.11]

And I saw your post about how to import Missions into the editor and it said something about opening pbo files and I never opened the pbo files All I did was just download the mission pack

and put everything in it in the MPMissions folder I didnt do anything to the way it came from when you first download it Just put it in the MPMissions folder

Well you wont see missions that require particular custom islands. You need to download the island mod then you can see the mission.

The only missions I want to play are the chernarus ones only and not the ace or everon versions either

|The Next Day|

Ok I think I found out how. I downloaded something called cpbo.exe and now I can and cannot extract the .pbo files. When I press the option Extract the Console comes up and it says

"cpbo v2.03 by kegetys <kegatys[at]dnainternet.net>

Extracting C:\Users\Jhamal\Documents\ArmA 2 other Profiles\KnessX\MPMissions\co4

0_Domination_2_61_West_A2.Chernarus.pbo

pboEx: Unkown block in header! aborting

Failed!"

and thats what it said and in another window it said "extract of one or more files failed"

So what does that mean?

Edited by KnessX

lol i see what is your problem when i downloaded the file. you cant see it because it's under mp, not single player.

ok here is what you do.

Only take the .pbo file and put it in the mp mission folder, but since it's a mp mission, usually you need to use a dedicated server to run it or it wont work properly. The folder you find in the zip file is for use with the editor which you dont need to bother for now.

Once you have copy the pbo mission file to the mp folder, look for arma2oasvr.exe and run it.

You have successfully run a dedicated server on your pc when the small pop up appears and you see the message have stop loading.

Then run arma 2 CO and look for your own server in the multiplayer section (it's your pc name eg like mine is Gunso server). you can usually see it under local. join the server, select a mission, vote yourself as admin and now you have accessed to change missions or the parameter.

Take note, you cant save any game that you play using dedicated server.

Edited by gunso

You dont need to do that, thats 2 things your doing versus one.

Just go into the game and go to mp, and host a game, once you host, then choose the island on the left and then look

at the list to the right which are the missions.

The missions listed in tan or gold are pbo'ed missions, those missions are in the Mpmissions folder in your Arma2 directory,

the missions in the light blue are editable missions located:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions

Benny Warfare menu and domination wont work if you just host it like that.

It require dedicated server to run properly.