Sign in to follow this  
xBONEHEADx

ACRE Pipe Error?

Sorry this is the only section it would let me post...

Anyone happen to know why I'm getting a constant error message saying "ACRE has experienced a pipe error (Most likely a timeout)And Pipe is now closing" ?

This has been answered a zillion times already. Just run TS as an administrator.

This has been answered a zillion times already. Just run TS as an administrator.

That's all you have to do. Sometimes you'll still get the error even when running as administrator. Appears to happen whenever your in game and TeamSpeak get out of sync and what not. Just minimize, restart TeamSpeak, and it should fix it.

Seems my pipe error is a bit more complex then just running it as admin. Read below plz.

Day 1

My acre is not working anymore....

I reinstalled my computer and exported my ID from teamspeak. When In stalling my computer and teamspeak I imported my ts ID again. And now its not working anymore. Unique ID is the same.

This is what I get: ACRE has experienced a pipe error (Most likely a timeout) and Pipe is now closing

This is what I did/try:

- run ts, six, steam and arma as admin

- reinstalled acre/jayarma

- deleted the plugin

- reinstalled ts (again)

- tried a new identity with unique ID

Anyway tried all of the above and then some, but didnt work....

Day 2

I give up.... I reinstalled the whole game, clean install.... Then I reinstalled ace/acre.

Running everything as admin. Went into the server and had the pipe error again, and arma wasnt connecting to teamspeak.

In game when calling over the radio I get a weird microphone in the middle of the screen (wasnt there before)....

Even running it on another server it gives me the pipe error.

I don't know what else to do now... did the troubelshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Steps

- Restart TS3 (check)

- Make sure TS3 is started as Administrator, (check)

- Make sure the "ACRE Plugin" is loaded in TS3. Always restart TS3 when reloading the plugin. (check)

- Restart ArmA2 (check)

- Make sure you have no conflicting versions or other plugins in TS3 (check)

- Examples: Other versions of ACRE, the old A2TS plugin, etc. (check)

- Make sure you have the correct DLL for your TS3 install (check)

- acre.dll for 32-bit TeamSpeak, acre_x64.dll for 64-bit TeamSpeak (32bit version is different than what it says here, acre_win32.dll and acre_win64.dll)

- Make sure you are using the same version of the DLL as you are the Addon (check)

- Make sure you are loading the appopriate Addon's in ArmA2 (@jayarma2lib, @acre, @cba at a minimum) (check)

- Make sure dsound.dll is in the ArmA2 root. (cant find it, is that it, where can I get it?(friend of mine doesnt have it either and he is running it fine))

- Make sure you are not using the internal mod manager. (check)

This is what the acre.log in teamspeak says:

[10:1:53.322] * Logging engine initialized.

[10:1:53.323] Configuration file does not exist [C:\Users\Algemeen\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\acre_c onfig.xml]. Creating with defaults...

[10:1:53.325] * initializing...

[10:1:53.325] * initialization complete

[10:1:58.921] * [1] Engine startup in progress...

[10:1:58.921] Opening game pipe...

[10:1:59.421] Game pipe opening successful. [00000984]

[10:1:59.421] * Startup completed

[10:1:59.454] Stereo sound detected, initializing custom mixing...

[10:3:44.174] Client connected

[10:3:44.174] Client disconnected

[10:3:49.223] Client connected

[10:3:49.223] Client disconnected

[10:3:54.236] Client connected

[10:3:54.236] Client disconnected

[10:3:59.282] Client connected

[10:3:59.283] Client disconnected

[10:4:4.331] Client connected

[10:4:4.331] Client disconnected

[10:4:9.355] Client connected

[10:4:9.355] Client disconnected

[10:4:14.359] Client connected

[10:4:14.371] Client disconnected

[10:4:19.388] Client connected

[10:4:19.388] Client disconnected

[10:4:24.427] Client connected

[10:4:24.427] Client disconnected

[10:4:29.481] Client connected

[10:4:29.481] Client disconnected

[10:4:34.511] Client connected

[10:4:34.511] Client disconnected

[10:4:39.575] Client connected

[10:4:39.575] Client disconnected

[10:4:44.739] Client connected

[10:4:44.739] Client disconnected

[10:4:49.786] Client connected

[10:4:49.786] Client disconnected

[10:4:54.899] Client connected

[10:4:54.899] Client disconnected

[10:4:59.902] Client connected

[10:4:59.902] Client disconnected

[10:5:4.946] Client connected

[10:5:4.946] Client disconnected

[10:5:10.578] Client connected

[10:5:10.578] Client disconnected

[10:5:15.627] Client connected

[10:5:15.627] Client disconnected

[10:5:20.713] Client connected

[10:5:20.713] Client disconnected

[10:5:25.722] Client connected

[10:5:25.722] Client disconnected

[10:5:30.747] Client connected

[10:5:30.747] Client disconnected

[10:6:9.970] * [1] Engine stop in progress...

[10:6:10.857] * Stopping completed

[10:6:11.501] * Beginning complete engine shutdown...

[10:6:11.501] * Complete engine shutdown completed

[10:6:11.501] Saving configuration file [C:\Users\Algemeen\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\acre_c onfig.xml]

[10:7:18.973] * Logging engine initialized.

[10:7:18.973] Configuration file does not exist [C:\Users\Algemeen\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\acre_c onfig.xml]. Creating with defaults...

[10:7:18.979] * initializing...

[10:7:18.979] * initialization complete

Motherboard: Asus P5LD2 SE

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

Sound Devices Description: Luidsprekers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)

Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys

Driver Version: 6.10.0001.6100 (English)

Teamspeak version. 3.0.8.1 32 bit

Hope someone can help me out here.... if dutch plz pm would be a great help. Thx in advance.

Last thing I tried was unistall the sound drivers and reinstalling them again. Didn't work either.

Edited by AustinPowers

Problem solved, reinstalled my computer (again). Think it was a windows problem....

Could you be more specific about what exactly you reinstalled or how you fixed it? I am getting the same error and can't seem to fix it.

Thank you!

Could you be more specific about what exactly you reinstalled or how you fixed it? I am getting the same error and can't seem to fix it.

Thank you!

Uhh, my guess is he reinstalled windows...

And when that fails, people get "Just run TS as Admin" thrown at them a buncha times.

Fair enough to check the basics. But the culture of assuming that the other guy is a twit ... man, that really gets tiresome.

Got the same problem, no idea how to fix.
By any chance, you running Win7?

Cuz we've got a clan member who has repeated/constant pipe errors ... after things working fine for months ... checked / doubled checked everything (even using TeamViewer) ... had him install Launcher (which I use normally) instead of using SixUpdater to launch (which I have never done) ... and no joy.

Everything running as Admin.

Pipe error.

WTF

/me suspects something Win7 specific ... see below

Problem solved, reinstalled my computer (again). Think it was a windows problem....
Uhh, my guess is he reinstalled windows...

Thank you!

Edited by Tremblay

By any chance, you running Win7?

/me suspects something Win7 specific ... see below

Thank you for your help!

Yes, I am running windows 7. Not sure what changed between the months it worked fine, and now, but yes.

Any ideas short of reinstalling windows? That is not a great option for me.

For the record I have triple checked I was running TS and Arma as admin, uninstalled and reinstalled the mods individually and collectively, tried different launchers, tried connecting with and without a router, and have recently tried a complete reinstall of Arma and all mods. Running out of ideas.

Edited by Garthra

Thank you for your help!
I appreciate how frustrating this must be; things are plenty complicated without!
Yes, I am running windows 7. Not sure what changed between the months it worked fine, and now...
For the record I have triple checked I was running TS and Arma as admin, uninstalled and reinstalled the mods individually and collectively, tried different launchers, tried connecting with and without a router, and have recently tried a complete reinstall of Arma and all mods. Running out of ideas.
Yes.

Just like with the other guy I'm trying to help. Regular/routine updates of OS, TS, game, and mods (via SixUpdater). Then one day no joy. Of course that makes no sense because ... it makes no sense. Something changed. But just what remains a mystery. (I even wondered about firewall ... which is just silly.)

Any ideas short of reinstalling windows? That is not a great option for me.
That's all rubber chicken / voodoo stuff. I mean it's a shotgun approach, rather than being directed at a specific item.

But yes ... do whatever you can.

Best hope: find someone else with similar problem.

I'm sorry, I've exhausted my ideas.

When I hear "Pipe problem", "permissions not correct" comes to mind. I can't think of anything else.

Edited by Tremblay

Best hope: find someone else with similar problem.

I'm sorry, I've exhausted my ideas.

When I hear "Pipe problem", "permissions not correct" comes to mind. I can't think of anything else.

Again, thanks for trying to assist.

It does indeed get frustrating. But less so with people trying to help.

Did some additional tests based on turning off/fiddling with my anti-virus, firewall, and other security settings. Still no change.

Anyone else have ideas?

Just talked to a game admin for a large clan. He came up with the usual suggestions and in the end "I don't know what to tell you."

FWIW my suspicion: something about a Win7 update, or a TS update, or an ACRE update. Something changed.

good luck

^5

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

... my old brain just remembered something.

This is old data that keeps turning up ... it's normally not true ... but it used to be fact. And it might just shake something loose.

This used to be righteous doctrine: "Teamspeak 3.0.8.1 is the current version ACRE supports."

That's just nonsense, now. Tons of us, maybe most, have updated and are using 3.0.9.2 ...

... but ... this is something to try.

Find 0.8.1 on the TS site and install that.

Easy enough to update later.

If it doesn't work? then I won't accept payment for services rendered. ;p

But it might.

^5

Just read "How I fixed my ACRE problem".

Buddy's stuff was working fine. Then it stopped.

He had been using 32 bit. He started using 64 and everything was back to working.

I had the exact same problem as well.

Just tried everything: different modes (with/without Admin), re-install ARMA II, ACRE etc.- nothing.

Also our "Tec-Master" who´s running the server and all the other stuff had no clue about it.

Then I was forced to re-install Win/ due to problems with the Hard Drive- Tada!!!!

Everything is working fine till now.

I remember- the day after I was running ACRE the last time regulary, there was an Win7 Update.

There is no explanation like: try it with admin/non-admin mode. Some problems with ACRE are some deeeeep, Win7 sh*t.

Does the ACRE-Developer knows about the issue?

Maybe they find a way to fix it.

... I remember- the day after I was running ACRE the last time regulary, there was an Win7 Update.
Not positive, but that seems to be a common strand ... absent anything else that makes sense.

Working with a buddy right now ... same problem ... same lack of diagnostics / logic / sense. Just weird voodoo.

For some of you the problem might be that you need to re-install TS and make sure the 64.dll or 32.dll(respectively) is put in the right folder. Again, make sure everything is run as admin.

Edited by SteelSampson

Ok, So i may have just figured out the solution to this problem, Please make sure if you are using a 64 bit operating system you install 64 bit teamspeak and use the 64 bit dll, I have a 64 bit operating system and i had a 32 bit teamspeak and 32 bit dll, And after i reinstalled everything to be 64 bit, It worked, Please make sure you arent like me and making a simple overlook mistake.