Sign in to follow this  
thebarricade

Multiplayer editing and running two clients on one machine

When creating/editing multiplayer missions it would be terrific to run be able to run two clients on the same pc (I'm talking about two actual instances of arma2, not one arma2 and one dedicated server).

When I tested this I got the dreaded "Illegal copies may degrade"-message, which made med feel a bit hesitant on continue testing this.

So my question (since I haven't come up with anything via search): Is this possible? Or will my game suffer FADE?

It's called Degrade, not FADE and yes, you have triggered the DRM by running the game twice with the same key on the same machine.

It definitely used to be possible, but I haven't tried in four years(!) - here's a thread on OFPEC with a working server config from the pre OA days.

I'd be interested to know too now.

I have tried this. Disconnect your internet and host the server on LAN. Connect to the server on the first instance. Open up another instance and connect to that same server. This will disable the "CD KEY IN USE" message. It just disables your program's connection to gamespy which is used for online key verification (but seeing as you are offline you will not need it). I read about this from another post on these forums somewhere, cant remember which one though.kickduplicate will work for the game ID being the same but as far as CD keys it does nothing. kickduplicate will work for the game ID being the same but as far as CD keys it does nothing.

There is a way to do this without disconnecting your internet, it was a modification made by a guy named "alef" on the BIS community site, I think. It includes some dll files as far as my memory recalls.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

That's the exact link I am talking about! Although when I tried this it didn't work for me for some reason, so I had to disconnect connection instead.

in your server.cfg

change

reportingIP = "google.com"; or any other web page and use remote to connect