Sign in to follow this  
h34dup

[SP] The Battle of Tora Bora (Deep Recon)

Hey h34dup, I'm really enjoying the mission so far. I've run into a problem - I can't speak to Hazrat Ali. I'm assuming he's the unarmed man, flanked by two armed guards, that's standing at the position labeled (EA) Ali? So far in the mission I've left behind the operators at OP Cobra A, and I'm not running any mods besides those that are required and JSRS, Blastcore, and a mod that changes the field of view.

Hey glad you are enjoying it so far -- I'm not quite sure why this would happen. Hazrat Ali has the action added to him via the editor, so perhaps a restart or giving it a second (sometimes an action takes a little while to load). Other than that I'm afraid I don't have much, other than to suggest you talk to him before you head to OP COBRA A.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot! I realized I was trying to speak to Ali's commander without having spoken to Ali himself first. My mistake! Really awesome mission, looking forward to Lions of Kandahar :)

Ahh yes, Ali's commander won't be allowed to give you the assistance until "ordered" to do so by Ali.

If you take the two other guys in your AFO, as well as the two from Ali, you have all the available squadmates. This strategy makes for a decent enough strike force, but it also makes stealth a little tougher, and there are also the challenges of managing the larger squad. Still, they can be used to try and intercept the HVT while you work on the other obj's.

As noted in the RWO thread, this mission is being updated and enhanced for release under the RWO project (Real-World Ops, inspired by real-life military incursions).

The mission will include voice acting, among a number of other improvements. I'm also considering an ACE version with this update. If you have run into any issues while playing the version that is out now, please let me know and I'll look into them...

don´t remember when i last played more then 8 houres w/o sugar and coffee...thanks for this project and for these missions.

i remember playing this one...it was a while ago and it was a good one.

i suppose ur just gonna make slight improvement without changing the objective/tasks right? i mean, i had already played it, so will there be some special new feature to warrant replaying it?