Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA 1.61 (Release Candidate #1) build 94945

I don't know why we need these maps in so bad textures quality if we have original big maps in good quality.

So that guys not buying the DLCs can play on the same servers as the guys buying it. I think that is more than fair.

Nobody needs to play these maps but they still can without paying a dime.

And of course the patch download size stays proportionate with these textures.

So Czech DLC essentially has reskinned Chernarus, smaller and cut into two parts? :(

yeah, wasnt expecting the cut in half. bit wierd. nw airfield is the smaller map and cherno with that missing is the big map. think it must be wip as there's a lake that just has the trees end dead 10m away. could have been a lovely area. must say at least i'd like full chero area though to include nw airfield and surrounds.

but still enjoying it, and the river running past electro is cool.

new video options are interesting - no more mucking in user,cfg.

guys, if ur afraid of testing RC1, just keep 1.60 compatible beta patch, like 9444 and launch from it, if u want to play with 1.60 patch. :)

Showstopped bugs:

Boot Camp 02: Parachute Jump training mission that was broken in 94444 beta is still broken in 1.61.94945 RC1. https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36778

Boot Camp 08: Armor training mission that was broken in 1.60 final is still broken in 1.61.94945 RC1. https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28187

Please do not leave things this way. Experience has taught many new Arma2 players will abandon the whole game if missions cannot be finished.

Quoting for support! Don't forget this major issues BIS because tutorial missions must work otherwise new players may not get into the game and you have been selling a ton of ARMA II lately so that's NOT a smart move.

The map cutouts are not that dramatic.

Anyway, I'd prefer BIS to put their highest attention to Arma III than to anything else, so that it can be released as soon as possible (without making it a Starship Troopers game... because of bugs everywhere).

guys, if ur afraid of testing RC1, just keep 1.60 compatible beta patch, like 9444 and launch from it, if u want to play with 1.60 patch. :)

There's a specific beta version for those who don't want to patch their 1.60 version, it's 94945. The 94444 beta lacks the new content, UI upgrades, etc.

@bristow - ROFL! "ruined the game"? Nonsense, the patch has some highly significant improvements, for example the new commands.

As for the textures of the new maps, units, etc., the Czech DLC is still WiP. I shall be buying it as soon as the DVD hits UK stores. You can always buy the DLC for high-resolution units/maps, & probably some game content as well.

Can someone check 1.60 water? I've noticed some water rendering weirdness in RC 1.61.94945, but am not sure how long its been like that, or if its specific to my system.

Specifically water does not render over the player's body and equipment in first person perspective (and there is weird trailing blue shadow). The player is waist deep in water on Utes in this screenshot:

th_arma2oa2012-07-1420-46-21-58.jpg

Edited by ceeeb

@ceeeb

I've just tested with 1.60 vanilla on Utes.

Its the same, water not rendered over player in first view. I got my legs in water and still seing my foot over water with blue shadow around shoes.

Work perfectly in 3rd. - Specs: High settings

Thanks for the help MisTyK, I had never noticed it until today.

Oooh, nice new radiochat effects too :)

Edited by ceeeb

OA ACR Units now in low quality? Not cool BIS...

OA ACR Units now in low quality? Not cool BIS...

I agree.

BIS, please give us back the units we paid for. There must be another solution for pushing the DLC on the customer's PCs.

I´m gonna make this short: Are the downgraded ACR units an error that snuck only into RC and won´t make it into 1.61 final, or will it stay like that?

Simple honest answer from devs please :)

I´m gonna make this short: Are the downgraded ACR units an error that snuck only into RC and won´t make it into 1.61 final, or will it stay like that?

Simple honest answer from devs please :)

I think a mod said that it's a patching error. Not a simple answer from a dev, but it should be. Also, this is who I'm quoting, so don't blame me:

yes the low quality ACR units overtaking pre-exisitng versions isnt good but a mod has already indicated its a patching problem.

I think a mod said that it's a patching error. Not a simple answer from a dev, but it should be. Also, this is who I'm quoting, so don't blame me:

This is a misunderstanding, OnlyRazor. If I understood it correctly, Twisted only refered to Placebo who said that this (patching) issue is not related to the DLC discussion thread. No word from Placebo about a patching bug or so.

So Burns' question still remains.

Edited by Undeceived

So Burns' question still remains.

And he's already taking precautions! diefettenjahresindvorbei_hx3.gif

dontmakeme_noacr.jpg

Or... they made a mistake putting in the ACR textures way back when, and now they are fixing it...? As for the "design decision" on the lame text/ help game ruining annoyance ....fire the decider! https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36904

I agree.

BIS, please give us back the units we paid for. There must be another solution for pushing the DLC on the customer's PCs.

IMO forget "please". Why would I buy any new products from them if they can just take things away at will?

We simply need to know if it's a mistake or not, guess I'll find out where my money belongs with 1.61 final.

It's worth noting that the same happened with PMC and XM8 textures. It was fixed eventually (months later in that case).

Can't think of a good reason why BIS should suddenly reduce textures or limit features etc of their core Arma games (OA/A2)? Guess it was an unfortunate mistake and nobody at BIS noticed + fixed it. Just wait for the next betabuild or RC.... shit happens + no gamdev is perfect. Beer is on BIS!! :tongue:

IMO forget "please". Why would I buy any new products from them if they can just take things away at will?

We simply need to know if it's a mistake or not, guess I'll find out where my money belongs with 1.61 final.

Yeah, you're right. I formulated that please because it's still not sure that they really are going to do it or if it was a mistake.

If it's not a mistake and they take out the HD models of OA, I will cancel my preorder of the DLC because I don't support that mechanism of removing content from a customer's game and getting cash again to place it back - even if it's a better and more detailled unit.

Can't think of a good reason why BIS should suddenly reduce textures or limit features etc of their core Arma games (OA/A2)? Guess it was an unfortunate mistake and nobody at BIS noticed + fixed it. Just wait for the next betabuild or RC.... shit happens + no gamdev is perfect. Beer is on BIS!! :tongue:

Yeah, let's hope it (nevertheless I don't think no one noticed it)! :D My trust in BIS really is high (they're the best dev worldwide IMO), but what I wrote above will still stand. It would at least be a small small slap on their butt if they don't receive my 9$. ;)

Edited by Undeceived

they can´t take out content we already paid for...would be a slap in the face of every loyal customer :butbut: