Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA 1.61 (Release Candidate #1) build 94945

This release reminded me why I didn't use FXAA or the new one... LOD issues are the worst I've ever had with any of it turned on. ATI 6950, latest drivers.

Regarding those low quality OA ACR units...

Well, if you think about it, technically, it would be possible to remove or downgrade something in a patch, because nobody forces you to install it.

But that would be stupid, and BIS is not stupid => so the only conclusion is: it was a mistake and as such it will be fixed.

I didn't want this update, but I opened six launcher & it auto updated to this version, how do I fix/revert??

If it installed only beta - you don't need to revert anything (just delete expansion\beta folder)

If it installed full RC - reinstall the whole game.

This release reminded me why I didn't use FXAA or the new one... LOD issues are the worst I've ever had with any of it turned on. ATI 6950, latest drivers.

I don't think FXAA/SMAA has anything to do with LOD...

Can't think of a good reason why BIS should suddenly reduce textures or limit features etc of their core Arma games (OA/A2)? Guess it was an unfortunate mistake and nobody at BIS noticed + fixed it. Just wait for the next betabuild or RC.... shit happens + no gamdev is perfect. Beer is on BIS!! :tongue:

As I see it, the existing Czech units have been merged with the new DLC units - which of course are only available in a low-res version else there's no need to sell it anymore.

And while doing so, all units are now in low res. As metalcraze said above, it happened before with the XM8s. Nobody's perfect and I'm sure the Devs are aware of that now.

After all, it's not the end and complaining about "content taken out" (which is not true) surely doesn't help anyone but only adding fuel to the fire.

Hmm, getting force close on startup. Cant even get into the game with the patch applied.

there is a way to revert , you need to launch a beta patch from 1.60 versions but the thing is you can't install it if you patch with 1.61 so basicly if you have someone with an older version it can upload you his beta file and that's perfect ! let me know if you find someone i have the same probleme

Me neither. But with my current and last config both, it was perfectly reproducible. Massive LOD issues with post processing AA turned on in any way.

@Thr0tt: Is there anything in the .RPT?

If it has gone bad, & you didn't back up the game files beforehand (no need to back up user addon folders, btw) you may have to reinstall. Did the hash of the downloaded zip match the published values?

All good, for some reason the install of the patch was still doing stuff in the background so left it a couple if mins and it then fired up ok.

Ive got a copy of the arma directory as suggested prior to install so fine for full release.

Lod of bushes is screwed ive noticed.

Well I reverted back, to 1.60 beta 94444. The RC has a lot of work to do, so will hold back until the official 1.61 patch. Although if the lower res images are still going to be in 1.61 will probably stay at the beta I am at.

I can maybe understand why there is a move towards lower grade textures..

BIS! after all these years of being on top of things :j:.

After all, it's not the end and complaining about "content taken out" (which is not true) surely doesn't help anyone but only adding fuel to the fire.

Well, it's not taking out content, but taking away the quality of the content in such a manner, that for me the result is the same -> it's unusable because I don't want to have cancer on my eyes.

IMO it doesn't add fuel into the fire because by complaining I want to make clear that BIS hears and is aware of the voice of the customers. What they do after that is their own decision. And after their decision is public everyone can then draw their own consequences.

Guys, you do realize that requesting further fixes for 1.61 is worthless? It's finalized, at this point BI only need to know if the things they changed work as intended. If they don't, there will be RC2 (probably because of the czech army dudes being low-textured), but there won't be no further fixes in 1.61 for topolka dam, features to turn off engine as commander or whatever else. Maybe in 1.62 or the future, but that means that you shouldn't post it here.

Just tested the 1.61 patch release candidate and I'm really disapointed to see that the following bug isn't solved in this lastest 1.61 patch:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/13380

So my question is when will this be solved? When ArmA3 is released?

Now really, why does it take so long to solve this very simple issue/bug that doesn't have any risk of breaking other gameplay features?

IMO, the Wildcat is one of the most interesting helicopters in ArmA2 and this bug makes this helicopters almost useless (in the attack/gunship role) specially in the MP Co-op enviourments.

The BVP-1 lacks barrel recoil (The barrel doesn't get pushed back inwards when firing) and the main gun on it has a white crosshair instead of the standard green in ArmA 2.

Small things, but they need to be included to make the content match ArmA 2 standards.

Also a variety of the new ACR vehicles have the focal point on the driver seat rather than the vehicle's center point instead, meaning when you free look in the camera, it pivots on the driver seat, which isn't following ArmA 2 standard.

I thought the fix to the video memory detection may have solved the flashing I get when playing the beta in crossfire, new video taken of the strobing effect in arma 2 beta.

I guess I will have to stop playing arma 2 in crossfire when the beta is released :(

video link:

Question. In tkoh a patch provided the rudimentary ability to code addons using java that could then interface with the reality engine. It is work in progress.

So, is this java tie in coming to arma2 with this patch? In a more mature level?

Excuse incoherence please. Monday morningitis.

The BVP-1 lacks barrel recoil (The barrel doesn't get pushed back inwards when firing) and the main gun on it has a white crosshair instead of the standard green in ArmA 2.

I noticed this with the ACR T-72 as well. Edit: The Pandur APC also has this problem.

1.61RC also seems to replace the old CDF voices with lower quality ACR lite ones. I'm pretty sure it's just a mistake on Bohemia's part but some people might not be happy about having the CDF (a faction they paid for) use lite voices.

As for the new terrains, they are definitely unfinished so don't sweat it. Both Bystrica and Bukovina are missing town-logics (none of the cities have names). I don't know if BIS plans to add on to them (it would be awesome to have something south of the river) but the presence of lakes outside the map's boundaries would suggest that they plan to put something there. I have never seen lakes outside a map before.

Edit: Apparently there's some lakes outside Takistan. Still, the ones on Bystrica are looking suspicious.

Question. In tkoh a patch provided the rudimentary ability to code addons using java that could then interface with the reality engine. It is work in progress.

So, is this java tie in coming to arma2 with this patch? In a more mature level?

Excuse incoherence please. Monday morningitis.

BIS hasn't announced anything directly for ArmA 2 but with the TOH 1.06 patch you will be able to combine ArmA 2 and TOH content thus allowing you to use the TOH engine features (including Java support) with ArmA 2 content.

Edited by RangerPL

I noticed this with the ACR T-72 as well. Edit: The Pandur APC also has this problem.

Yeah, this stuff all needs to be fixed BIS.

I think it's because the ACR models are coming from the CSLA team and I've noticed that their vehicles lack barrel recoil as well (at least the last time I tried CSLA they did).