Sign in to follow this  
meade95

CQB??

I've been reading through some of the threads here, trying to see how CQC will be handled (hopefully improved) in A3 - I've read about AI improvement in the general sense quite often (i've watched the new A3 videos put out). But I haven't exactly seen, CQC style simming played out (in vids). Nor talked about much at least in the threads I've read through....

Will AI, with regards to CQC (and A3 in general) be better at simming this game style out? Somewhat better? Vastly better? than is A2? Just curious.

They have showed us tactical pace and new firing stances from lean, with smoother animations.

rLAHAG2hQ4M

at 3.10 there is a good example IMHO

just one things I afraid about reloading animations, i'm not sure if will be for each weapon

There were some new screenshots posted exclusively on PC Gamer that show Iranian marksmen in a guard tower, perhaps the AI can now go up and down ladders and into buildings? This is just an assumption.

What do you mean up ladders and into buildings? You can already use static, world placed ladders. Or do you mean assault ladders, portable ladders?

me no no understand senior, el pointo of threado?

I think maturin hit the mark, that's basically going to be the 'big' improvements. Hopefully less clipping, better objects.

You can already use static, world placed ladders. Or do you mean assault ladders, portable ladders?

I was talking about AI units moving up and down ladders, I'm pretty sure they can't do that in Arma 2.

Sorry, I thought the point of the thread was general AI improvements with regard to moving through buildings, and a lot of the new buildings I've seen have ladders. Perhaps my comments belong somewhere else.

I was talking about AI units moving up and down ladders, I'm pretty sure they can't do that in Arma 2.

Sorry, I thought the point of the thread was general AI improvements with regard to moving through buildings, and a lot of the new buildings I've seen have ladders. Perhaps my comments belong somewhere else.

AI in Arma 2 already handles that pretty well, indeed.

AI can use ladders in A2. It's just very often they do not unless they find a reason to do so.

AI in Arma 2 already handles that pretty well, indeed.

LOL

ARMA 2's AI in buildings is so mind numbingly stupid that it really boggles my mind how they released it in it's current condition.

I have seen AI in A2 use ladders........ I'm more speaking to close quarters combat, with multiple AI inside a building for example. Clearing rooms, etc. Will A3 have this ability?

Currently they just move into rooms and engage, then crouch/prone, look around then move again slowly. Sometimes doing a total 360, sometimes a 180 and going back out the door. Sometimes I see AI walk through walls of compounds. In terms of clearing rooms it depends what you want, actual drills or them just walking in rooms as a team and not acting as stupid i.e. going prone in rooms.

After a lot of missions I made involving Buildings and hostage rescue went wrong near the end, with unarmed opfor officers walking out of rooms and ignoring me, units going prone in rooms, walking through walls etc I accepted that arma 2 was designed for combat in large open spaces.

But some sort of new AI behavior system for buildings, less clipping and a melee weapon, maybe a knife. Some addons like SLX add these features but seeing it built into ArmA 3 would be the Shiz!

I would like to see AI (in A3) be able to react, move, shoot as AI was capable of in say RVS ( Original Raven Shiled). When inside builidings, houses, etc...

I would like to see AI (in A3) be able to react, move, shoot as AI was capable of in say RVS ( Original Raven Shiled). When inside builidings, houses, etc...

Those AIs are deadly accurate xD but I like the challenge. Sometimes a bit too accurate for long distance but inside buildings and houses sound nice if they can react much quicker.

Seeing the AI move into houses by themselves and using them as strongpoints would be pretty cool aswell

Seeing the AI move into houses by themselves and using them as strongpoints would be pretty cool aswell

Yeah that would be a standout feature in my opinion and would really raise the tactical gameplay experience to a whole new level. If the AI used houses as defensive positions it would change the way we play the game, tough house to house fighting against a potent enemy that hunkers inside of buildings firing from windows would be the best fun ever!

For me, I think this is one of the few remaining areas that bis need to work on. Decent cqb against the ai.

So they move around the building in more of a dynamic fashion? No strict paths of movement or waypoints. Explore basically.

There was a nice building patrol script but still had issues with ai walking through walls or injuring themselves as they moved/fell through holes in the buildings.

Generally speaking though the CQB in urban areas is fairly poor. The ai just don't seem to handle the towns very realistically nor the buildings.

There was a nice building patrol script but still had issues with ai walking through walls or injuring themselves as they moved/fell through holes in the buildings.

Yes I also had the same problems with building patrol script, it could be very annoying at times. I would be pleased with a script that could make the AI take cover and fight from within doorways and windows like this -

_y48VUbuEL4

SGwCWKWtLn4

\and a melee weapon, maybe a knife.

Indeed, melee would be much better. Also good for stealthy sneaking up on people and not making too much noise killing them. A quick lethal stab to silence a guard, and your team moves in to capture Lopotev/Aziz/Osama bin Laden.

Indeed, melee would be much better. Also good for stealthy sneaking up on people and not making too much noise killing them. A quick lethal stab to silence a guard, and your team moves in to capture Lopotev/Aziz/Osama bin Laden.

How about an option to hit someone with the butt of your gun to knock them unconcious and then capture them.

I wonder what's happening with regards to 'ambient/almost unavoidable' player-made noise such as footsteps, I'm not sure if/how much this has been discussed but watching this:

KlXn62xhmi4

reminded me about the really loud and awkward footsteps noise made in arma and how they're sometimes hard to avoid when in real life it shouldn't be that hard to not make so much noise! Sometimes it kinda ruins what could be awesome stealthy cqb moments, imo there should be an alternative 'sneak' to walking/crouch-walking, with Smookie working on animations I'm sure there'll be some sneak animation but hopefully it will make reduced sound!

I would be fine with that sort of thing as long as it wasn't retardedly implemented, you know as some kind of off-hand insta-kill weapon up close, like -some- games we know.

Honestly, I don't think its likely, but CQC implementation in this series would have to be accurately modeled as a "last resort" option, meaning that you're likely to die in the process.

Additionally, hand to hand CQC would only be handled reasonably if it was accompanied with a bi-lateral QTE type system for reversals, etc.

But I highly doubt they will try to implement any of that into the series.