Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 94876 (1.61 MP build)

This is why our MP aspect gets a bad rap, every time.

I haven't tried the latest 1.61 RC beta yet, but in this beta I am noticing some pretty bad issues with both LOD swapping and HDR "eye-adjust" implementation. For instance, right outside of Feruz Abad at nighttime, from a distance nearly all of the buildings will be low-quality models, and then when you use RMB to zoom in, they all switch to higher LOD at the apex of the zoom. It's extremely jarring and totally noticeable.

In addition, the town is incredibly bright when you look at it through NVGs, as if there is a TON of bright light, but when you turn off NVG it is actually very dim. Also, if you RMB zoom with NVGs on certain areas, everything will turn very dark (even though NVGs) due to the HDR implementation. In some instances it makes it so dark it is nearly impossible to see (and unlike ACE, you can't adjust NVG sensitivity in vanilla OA).

I'm wondering if this is partially due to the tone mapping changes, or just a bug.

In a few hours of playtime this night a had some strange/unusual fps drops in small coop missions (ca 8 players). Alt tabbing in and out fixed it. Im not sure if this is beta patch related, could be also other cause. I didnt have that in A2 CO the last weeks (i changed alot at my system the last weeks, thats why im not sure). I thought i write it down here just in case others might observe something similar.

Regarding HDR/tone mapping. When changes were first made to this with the last betas, the darkening of the image at sundowns got worse. Now with the latest beta i think its back to default as like before the changes, so i still cant see any improvement in critical situations (dusk,dawn, lights +nv).

One question: Is it possible to have server filters improved in 1.61? (or quite soonish :) ) Especially to NOT show dayz servers and to not show servers with red dot in front (what do they mean anyway - wrong addons?)? PLEASE this is REALLY needed. Thank you :)

Edited by RunForrest
spelling...

In a few hours of playtime this night a had some strange/unusual fps drops in small coop missions (ca 8 players). Alt tabbing in and out fixed it. Im not sure if this is beta patch related, could be also other cause. I didnt have that in A2 CO the last weeks (i changed alot at my system the last weeks, thats why im not sure). I thought i write it down here just in case others might observe something similar.

I wasn't sure if it was beta related but I experienced the same thing. Really hard to repro though, probably.

i have the same, its going from 60fps to 10-15fps. its strange, and really hard to repo. i also did saw a fps drop when an AI-chopper flew over me.

could be , if many ai´s are around you the fps drop is more and more. was like that before.

runforest and maverick, did you have the same ? also looking in direction where many ai´s are (you dont see them) drops the fps (the closer the more).

@themaster303, i notice that too. sometimes joining empty server i get high fps, but as more players join in, fps keep dropping. somehow related to gpu usage, as i realize low gpu usage <50% gives less fps... the more AI the lower the gpu usage. but hard to repro like maverick said.

The situation that i remember where it happened didnt have much AI (the whole mission doesnt have, however AI numbers are a bit random and controlled by DAC), and there was nothing special going on. Thats why i wrote "unusual". And alt tabbing in and out of game fixed it. If it was AI or mission related than it wouldnt have been like that. And other players would have noticed it too at the same time, and that wasnt the case

Yeah, it was more like a memory leak or something, because as it was pointed out, Alt-tabbing solved the issue. For me, I had to keep doing it fairly often though, and it got annoying.

It doesn't happen all the time, either, so like I said before, it seems like it would be hard to repro.

Yeah, it was more like a memory leak or something, because as it was pointed out, Alt-tabbing solved the issue. For me, I had to keep doing it fairly often though, and it got annoying.

Can you try if this also solves the issue?

Hold [Left Shift] down and then press the [Numpad - (minus)] button. Then let go and type FLUSH.

with that beta patch my game crash after the loading screen and i have that on the RPT someone have the same bug ?

RPT last line :

Mods: @dayz

Distribution: 1491

Version 1.61.94876

Fault address: 11CC3A65 01:00002A65 C:\Users\Cpt.Minidou\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\BEClient.dll

file: dayz_2045 (__CUR_MP)

world: Chernarus

Prev. code bytes: F7 D8 1B C0 83 E0 02 A3 F4 6B CD 11 8B 44 24 10

Fault code bytes: 8B 08 89 0D E8 60 CD 11 66 8B 50 04 66 89 15 E6

Registers:

EAX:3D6CFE08 EBX:1DC0E598

ECX:00000003 EDX:00205C9C

ESI:7653FFE6 EDI:7634B6DC

CS:EIP:0023:11CC3A65

SS:ESP:002B:0182F600 EBP:0182F74C

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010202

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Cpt.Minidou\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.mdmp

=====================================================================

== H:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "H:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz" -nosplash -winxp -world=empty -cpuCount=4 -nointro

=====================================================================

Edited by M1n1d0u

Since my fresh a2 + oa steam install 3 months ago, on a fresh win 7 64bit, i've had no graphical problems.

After installing this beta i see flashes of white textures on houses, trees etc. It's like for a second the texture is just plain white, then suddenly the original texture appears and gets normal shadowing etc put on it.

Spec: win7 64bit, gtx570, x-fi titanium. OS and Games on separate ssd's. Pretty much latest drivers for all.

Since my fresh a2 + oa steam install 3 months ago, on a fresh win 7 64bit, i've had no graphical problems.

After installing this beta i see flashes of white textures on houses, trees etc. It's like for a second the texture is just plain white, then suddenly the original texture appears and gets normal shadowing etc put on it.

Spec: win7 64bit, gtx570, x-fi titanium. OS and Games on separate ssd's. Pretty much latest drivers for all.

interesting, i may see the same ? any chance of short video or screenshot (location) where this happens most obviously for You?

interesting, i may see the same ? any chance of short video or screenshot (location) where this happens most obviously for You?

Sure, i'll try to get it exact for you later.

For now: Chernarus. I was online, spawning about 1 mile from the coast near the forest line, Elektro houses visible to my east. The white texures appeared on houses and trees while i was looking around and zooming in.

(I forgot to mention my CPU, i7 3770K not OC.)

Hi Dwarden. I've tried many times to find a way to reproduce the white texture bug. I can't make it happen on command. :(

It seems completely random. Regardless of my pc has been on for a day, or turning it on in the morning and running around in chernarus.