Sign in to follow this  
zamani532

Add a "Exclude" option to server browser, can't find servers because of DayZ

ArmA2CO servers are getting the shaft with DayZ, I can't find anything without searching for well known missions in the filters menu.. for example "domi, warfare, valhalla".

I'm suggesting BIS add a "Exclude" option which would filter out any servers that have text you specify in the server browser. So I can look for regular arma 2 oa servers instead of my list being spammed by a constantly growing list of "DayZ -" servers.

Having the exclude feature would bea freaking awesome.

PS: Made my account only to post in this topic.

or just to learn, how to properly using filtering function.

So how about learnin others, as it seems like you have some filtering options others cant find.

or just to learn, how to properly using filtering function.

Please enlighten us new players.

In other news:

+1

If Dayz was listed as something other than 'COOP' in the mission file, which its clearly not, then there wouldnt really be a problem filtering out dayZ servers at all.

what about typing domination in filter, to find domination missions? Or simple coop? Doesnt it work?

For me i always sort by player count, as i want to join well pupulated servers, not any particular mission. When you do that you get hundreds of DayZ-servers with maybe every 20th server playing something else.

When you have a mod so popular as DayZ and a mod that differs so much from original game, there are also a need to exclude it from serverlist imho. Its not excactly a gamebreaker, but it would be really nice to have. And no need to say - the serverlist could need an update, an option for "favorites" have been on many's wishlist for a long time.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Also wouldn't mind being able to create a list of favorites rather than having to scan the entire server list.

+1

AND option to not show servers with red dot in front (what do they mean anyway - wrong addons?)? PLEASE this is REALLY needed. Thank you

and in general more info about the running games (what kind of respawn,needed addons for mission etc..) the addon line of server is often not long enough to show all addons

Might but can't see the big deal in a wee bit of code added to the server browser to allow not only searches FOR but to exclude as well. A favorites would be nice too.

Jeez..these requests have been going on for over a year at least and apparently NOTHING is being done about it...might have to try XFire though it's so much easier to simply use a built in server browser.

....And as if by magic.... :party:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[95309] Changed: MP: Dayz servers are now visible if and only if the Dayz mod is active.

[95308] Improved: MP: Custom game types no longer displayed as Unknown in the server browser.