Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 hands on @ Gamescom 2012!

I can't say if the character was an engineer or a FS soldier ... that was the frustrating part in the experiment ... not to have access to all the info we get on a regular basis when building up missions on game editor as well as infos from the video parameters.

Please discuss pros and cons ACE Mod elsewhere ... we are just speaking about how Arma3 was at the Gamescom, nothing else.

Thanks Old Bear, that was interesting to have your point of view (funny thing is that when you were there, i was on holiday near Marseille).

Woo we can play as a fish! :nuts:

Good video if you like video without big uuhhmmmm's (i'm outta here)

Interesting self-reseting firing range at 19:53 - more of these are needed in the final game for each weapon class and other misc challenges for infantry. Gotta engage those newcomers and expose them to the beauty of ArmA in a way, which won't detract from learning by its sheer complexity. I also loved the sniping range with picture-in-picture tab on the target in the lower right corner of the screen, there's even a spotter prone with binocs out - very immersive.

i hope that will be there a counterbattery's Radar linked to a self propelled howitzer, or the support will become a hell especially on multiplayer.

nice to see that all weapons have reloading animations. as far as I could, I saw in all videos from GC, this the list

Lynx

tavor

MX2000

vector

scuba rifle

LMG (i forgot the name)

Edited by Zukov

Guess who's commanding the 7th Infantry Division? Yep, good ol' Armstrong.

is it a metaphoric sentence?

I'd just like to let you know that my review will definitely follow as fast as possible but the last few days have been really busy and studies are things you don't want to get sloppy in...

I'd just like to let you know that my review will definitely follow as fast as possible but the last few days have been really busy and studies are things you don't want to get sloppy in...

You stole a copy didn't you?

That is the only real reason not to tell us all about your views, you are still playing it.

You stole a copy didn't you?

That is the only real reason not to tell us all about your views, you are still playing it.

Is that actually true or are you just trying to get my hopes up?

Zukov, the "Vector 9mm" in the game/GUI actually uses the CZ Scorpion EVO III A1 image but its model is the former TDI Vector/KRISS Super V, suggesting (see my next post) that it was rechambered into 9 mm. The "scuba" rifle is called the SDAR 6.5 mm (looks like the carbine version of the Kel-Tec RFB with built-in iron sights and no optics rail). By "MX2000" I believe you mean the F2000 variant (F2000 Tactical with a longer-than-in-real-life barrel) which is called "Mk 20", and the LMG's in-game name is the "Mk 200 6.5mm".

Note that based on the "MX-3GL 6.5mm" variant of the basic "MX 6.5mm" AR, underbarrel attachments aren't simulated or detachable at all so for switching between those two we're still in the same boat as ARMA 2.

Also, in the first WOS video there's a "spontaneously appearing" (animation goof?) moment at 6:17-6:19 in the form of the SDAR magazine "magically" appearing right before insertion into the magazine well... during which you can see on the receiver above the magazine the weapon's markings: Tian Tian RFL in 7.62 NATO :D

Note that over a year ago, the Norwegian-based Defence & Security Group was advertising

and thus (allegedly) without the normal range limitations from using proprietary ammunition (i.e. claiming no water deflection). Without getting into questions of whether or not their stuff actually works in real life, and doing some Wiki-lookups on the Russian underwater rifles, specifically the ADS where the solution was "cartridge with identical-enough external dimensions to use AK-74 box magazines and 5.45 x 39 mm ball compatible chamber and barrel", I'm wondering if the SDAR 6.5mm is supposed to use a similar concept and thus would be compatible with MX 6.5mm magazines for above-water combat, and vice versa? Edited by Chortles

Is that actually true or are you just trying to get my hopes up?

It's from the first youtube video in this post here, around 18m 26s. 7th ID is led by a General Armstrong (I think it said General)

It looks like "7th Infantry Division (star) Gen. Armstrong" in the video, the pop-up stays up for several seconds; note however that that David Armstrong would probably be in his seventies at this point, so it may be one of his children instead.

EDIT: Just took a closer look at that first video: The Vector in ARMA 3 appears to have been rechambered in 9mm with a 30-round magazine* and comes with the EOTech, now dubbed the "Mk17 Holosight", but its inventory image is the CZ Scorpion EVO III A1.

* Both the US and international KRISS Arms Web sites mention an "Optional 30-round KRISS® MagEx." in the KRISS Vector SMG's tech specs, but it's nowhere to be found on the KRISS USA shop, only a magazine extension that brings the Glock 21 magazine up from 13 rounds to 25 rounds of .45 ACP, and the only official Glock magazine in that range is the 33-round magazine for the Glock 18 (and other 9 mm Glocks).

Edited by Chortles

It's from the first youtube video in this post here, around 18m 26s. 7th ID is led by a General Armstrong (I think it said General)

That's cool. Thanks!

It looks like "7th Infantry Division (star) Gen. Armstrong" in the video, the pop-up stays up for several seconds; note however that that David Armstrong would probably be in his seventies at this point, so it may be one of his children instead.

Good point. Glad to hear we have an Armstrong in every game still.

Whats with the tinned beans in that pic above? :D

The DayZ team asked people to bring cans of beans to donate to the foodbank.

That's cool. Thanks!

Good point. Glad to hear we have an Armstrong in every game still.

Armstrong simply has to be in every Arma game!

Armstrong simply has to be in every Arma game!

I hope his bionics are working out for him. He'd be over 70 years old by 2035. ;)

I hope his bionics are working out for him. He'd be over 70 years old by 2035. ;)

"The year is 2035...it's a time of great innovation and technological advancement..."

"The year is 2035...it's a time of great innovation and technological advancement..."

Oh, no, you didn't! :icon_twisted: Nobody asked for this. :(

Armstrong's son, then? Or is there no relation?