Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 hands on @ Gamescom 2012!

Jay Crowe mentions that due to the decision to impliment physx3 the community alpha has been delayed until the end of this year.
If anyone's wondering, he mentions this around 1:24 into the video.

EDIT: Submitted my Gamescom ARMA 3 questions to you, W0lle!

Edited by Chortles

Tier1 will be at Gamescom with around 20 people from all over europe together with Sickboy and some others. We are planning on having some beers with everyone who is there on friday evening in cologne.

To organize it a little, I've set up this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138687-GamesCom-meet-amp-greet&p=2206410#post2206410

If you're intrested in joining forces to invade some nice beergarden or pub, please let us know and we'll make it happen.

No footage up on youtube yet, so what is going on at Gamescom right now? The new pictures were great btw!

The first day of GamesCom is for trade visitors only... tomorrow is the first day for everyone. So I think the "news train" is starting to roll on Thursday.

The first day of GamesCom is for trade visitors only... tomorrow is the first day for everyone. So I think the "news train" is starting to roll on Thursday.

This appears to be the case, with today being the middle of the business week, it is far easier to captivate the public's imagination and attention towards the weekend.

And I was so looking forward to this day ;(

I am disappointed, where are the camo nettings, the trenches, the mean armed men and the concrete bunkers?

Maybe they feel a bit safer than at E3, I mean I wouldn't want a battlefield or modern warfare poster starting down into my booth either.

At seven and a half minutes in there's some pretty nice improvements to MLRS rockets, which is always nice to see.

I might be imagining things here, from the few minutes of a video I've watched, the step-over/vault might now be obstacle-height-aware. The Lime course has this lower-than-knee-high vault bit where the step-over thing seemed really fast/smooth from first person.

Hmm there is the Tavor and ingame name is TRG-21 (real life name is TAR-21)

Also, it's a 6.5mm (I'm assuming STANAG/NATO) rifle now.

Saving them monies on licensing huh

Heh, quite honestly, nobody should be surprised since the vehicles in Arma 2 were already Hand-Overs or ZAMAK trucks.

Wow, ArmA 3 @ Gamescon this year totally sucks by now. They havent showed anything new yet. Its just a E3 replay.

Wow, ArmA 3 @ Gamescon this year totally sucks by now. They havent showed anything new yet. Its just a E3 replay.

The new stances and animations and pistol swap looks pretty epic. That was all new.

I dunno, even though I was not able to play it myself (probably they were scared about not being able to get me away from the computer again lol) I seen some pretty cool stuff. But since I don't follow the A3 media stuff not that closely it might be old news already:

Most noticable features from the demonstration Ivan gave.

* There will be various AP Mines, like Claymores - finally!

* There's an ingame Help and Manual by pressing H which should help new people a lot

* Artillery looks pretty impressive

* Sounds are pretty impressive as well, even with only a 'basic' sound system

* Training course has CQB elements

* Shooting other divers underwater is definitely fun! :cool:

* The 2D Editor looks very familiar but has more/increased fields

* I haven't seen a mission.sqm file, that would have been asked too much, but I'm sure we can port the old missions again :-)

* Not an official word but community Alpha seems to come end of the year. The game next year then (obviously). At least that's what I heard.

* Buildings seem to be (mostly) enter-able.

* Helicopters seem to have co-pilots, at least the AH-9 I have seen had one

* And DayZ comes with some cool and surely useful new 'tool'. Damn Zombies killed me 6 times but okay today I played this thing the first time in my life lol

Sorry no pictures or videos, I leave that to the many professionals attenting there just today. :)

Thanks Ivan/BI for presenting the game, the drinks and the many presents. Hope to see you soon again.

That's all I can think off now, too tired to use my brain anymore.

:goodnight:

I don't think these two were posted already, so...

yViDJGTCZ5E

44b7oOn32CI