Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 hands on @ Gamescom 2012!

He is hitting hard this time :D

Unconfirmed reports from sources close to BIS HQ suggest that Marek himself might even be dominating the scene this year, too! :eek:

oh hey, i remember your trees for ofp, will you bring some trees to gamescom as well? ;)

Hehee, I'm going in discreetly James Gastovski style.

Hehee, I'm going in discreetly James Gastovski style.

Wearing a balaclava/ninja suit isn't exactly discreet, now is it?

Wearing a balaclava/ninja suit isn't exactly discreet, now is it?

It is on gamescom :cool:

To RoyaltyinExile, if you'd be so kind... we've seen the Firing Drills at E3 and with GameStar, but if the Gamescom presentation is going to show off infantry so much to make up for the lack of an Infantry Showcase (unless we're going to get one as well? :D) then please, PLEASE at Gamescom show off the final frontier of ARMA 3... INDOORS infantry combat! :pet5:

I do have one question: Will there be any changes regarding Squad commanding and control? Like improvement to fire/colour coded team display?

Unconfirmed reports from sources close to BIS HQ suggest that Marek himself might even be dominating the scene this year, too! :eek:

Gamescom that expo with games and stuff like ? :P

I am so making Arma3 fan tabs for my ACU and cover all the velcro! Just bought the tickets, will be there for sure.

Will be there too, lookin forward!

In the meantime while you guys are working your asses off (more or less :P) I will be chilling in the sun not 200 meters away from you in Mnisek for a week ;)

When I was there last year my eyes almost popped out when a went for a walk in - as I had assumed - the middle of nowhere and saw the BI sign over your door ^^

Edited by cubbi

To RoyaltyinExile, if you'd be so kind... we've seen the Firing Drills at E3 and with GameStar, but if the Gamescom presentation is going to show off infantry so much to make up for the lack of an Infantry Showcase (unless we're going to get one as well? :D) then please, PLEASE at Gamescom show off the final frontier of ARMA 3... INDOORS infantry combat! :pet5:

This, Please!

I am going there on saterday 18 :)

I hope I will have the time to put my hands on it.

So, today we wrapped up the GC alpha build of Arma 3! The whole team has been playing our content and we've been blooding a couple of new dev-presenters for the gruiling German gaming public!

We've managed to gather some useful feedback from our recent focus testing, integrate it into the build, and straighten out a few kinks in the new content we've added to the (I'm sure well-worn :p) E3 showcases; namely, the Mines Tech Demo, the Firing Drills Showcase, and the much revamped vehicles, infantry, and supports showcases, among others! :)

Our GC content is split between hands-on 'showcases', available in the public area, and 'tech demos', which are designed specifically with presenting the varied features of Arma to visitors and journalists in the business area in mind.

So, if you're attending GC this year, obviously you'll be heading across to our stand in the public area. Be sure to ask the most awkward and technical questions you possibly can. I know the guys will really appreciate that. :sly:

Best,

RiE

(comment originally posted in the Blog reveals thread)

I am going there on saterday 18 :)

I hope I will have the time to put my hands on it.

So can we expect a little review for the French speaking community ?

So can we expect a little review for the French speaking community ?

I didn't prepare anything, I am still in Australia right now and flying back home next week so I will be a bit busy before GC.

Anyway I will try to make a video if possible and ask a few questions.

@ProfTournesol : I will be there on Sunday 19th if all went right. I hope I can do the review for ArmedAssault.info ... in what I called English .. :cool:, but as I am also loaded with a ton of questions from my game Team -Clan ADO-, I assume that I will try to build a French one as well.

Edited by Old Bear

Great to hear that you are also going there Old Bear. :)

So is this version for GC allready the Community Alpha or do we have to wait a little longer? Sadly i cant visit the GC this year;-(

All RiE has said is "GC alpha build of Arma 3", no word about "Community Alpha" here. Of course, we will have to wait a bit afterward to get it.

Heads-up to anyone heading to Gamescom next week, Oculus Rift head-mounted display developed specifically for FPS PC games will be demo'ing there. More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138144-New-VR-Headest-actually-looks-viable-for-avarage-gamers&p=2205214&viewfull=1#post2205214

P.S. What I love about this particular HMD is the trend, which could be set with gyros/tracking by decoupling the weapon/hands from the torso, and head from the torso just like in real life - just like in ArmA II.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game/posts

I don't think that John Carmack will be present, but the Oculus team will be there. :)

The GC alpha is almost certainly a separate build from the community alpha, as I'm guessing that the GC build lacks an Editor and is just an instance of Stratis with the hub and showcases... after all, it's easier to show off what's different with infantry/vehicles/helicopters (but not fixed wing? curious)/night-time/diving/supports than it is to show off the Editor, and the showcases are more action packed and full of explosions. :rthumb:

Besides, the GC build is presumably more to show "more of what we changed" (included the much hoped-for infantry showcase... again, I'm guessing separate from Firing Drills) while the community alpha is more to playtest "do these features function at all" and "do these features and UI revisions achieve our design goals of making ARMA 3 more usable?"

Or as I prefer to say, "do these features make ARMA 3 more accessible and approachable" :y:

After all, according to the GameStar.DE interview on Supports, BI's been statistically tracking the in-house playtesters' keypresses, so the community alpha will almost certainly be oriented towards this (if not actually keylogging :eek: ) while the GC build has no need for such things.

The GC alpha is almost certainly a separate build from the community alpha

Your right again Chortles. In the following video

FKG9B-XDub4

Jay Crowe mentions that due to the decision to impliment physx3 the community alpha has been delayed until the end of this year.