Sign in to follow this  
myskaal

Errors After Installing Beta

I bought the Sprocket digital download of ArmA2 Combined Operations.

I used the download links provided in the confirmation e-mail to download ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead.

After the downloads finished, I installed ArmA 2 and loaded the game. Everything worked fine.

Then I installed the 3 update patches for ArmA 2, ran the game. Everything worked fine.

Then I installed ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead and loaded the game. Everything ran fine.

Then I downloaded and installed the most recent beta patch for Operation Arrowhead (v .94444). I loaded the game from the Launch Beta exe provided with the beta patch.

I receive the following 2 errors:

ArmA 2 error PICTURE ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found

No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background.type'

I completely uninstalled and ran CC cleaner twice. I have now fully installed the game(s) 3 times. On the latest install, I downloaded and am using the most recent beta patch build (.94700 as of this posting) and I still get the above 2 errors. The errors only start after installing the Beta Patch.

I need help trying to sort out the problem, please.

Still no solution to this. Reinstalls do nothing. Errors persist.

Did you install 1.60 update for Arma2:OA?

How do you launch the beta? You have to start the game using the newly created shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

1. Install Arma 2

2. Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

3. Download "ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60" and execute patch. (Full patch)

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

It becomes Combine Operation when launched using the arma2oa.exe shortcut.

4. Download beta and run patch. Launch using beta shortcut.

5. To remove beta just delete the "beta" folder in you installed location C:\Programs\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion. And the 2 beta shortcuts.

As with betas deleting your Documents "ArmA 2" setting folder and user\name\appdata\local "ArmA 2 OA" folder is a good idea if you run into problems.

After the downloads finished, I installed ArmA 2 and loaded the game. Everything worked fine.

Then I installed the 3 update patches for ArmA 2, ran the game. Everything worked fine.

Why? All you need to install is the latest v1.60 Patch. The previous ones are not required!

Uninstall the game and then:

Install ArmA2 and run it once.

Install OA into the same folder where ArmA2 has been installed to and run it once.

Install the two DLC's.

Finally install patch 1.60 which updates all of above to their latest versions.