Sign in to follow this  
sethofchaos

Sympathy for the Devil campaign and Addons

Thanks ! Well I didn't use the unsung mod because the opfor units are vietnamese and mine are more Hispanic/South American looking. But I already thought about that.

well as it is a campaign it will be Single player but I really would like to make it coop aswell but I'll need someone to help me with that as I don't know how to do it.

well, it's simple, place a unit on the map set as "playable", for the respawn you have to write this in the description.ext

respawn = type; [ 0 = none, 1 = bird, 2 = respawn on the dead body, 3 = respawn at base, 4 = take control of a other playable unit of the same team, 5 = take control of a playable unit of the same side]

respawndelay = time in second;

well, it's simple, place a unit on the map set as "playable", for the respawn you have to write this in the description.ext

respawn = type; [ 0 = none, 1 = bird, 2 = respawn on the dead body, 3 = respawn at base, 4 = take control of a other playable unit of the same team, 5 = take control of a playable unit of the same side]

respawndelay = time in second;

Merci !

Très bien tout ça!

I wish you good luck and "bon courage" for your campaign.

can't wait to test it!

any idea of an ETA?

Très bien tout ça!

I wish you good luck and "bon courage" for your campaign.

can't wait to test it!

any idea of an ETA?

Thanks,

If everything goes as planned it should be released in September

This looks absolutely fantastic

I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. Is Arma 2 required for this mission, 'cause iv'e only got Operation Arrowhead.

hey, can you tell us a bit more about the campaign?

like:

how missions will there be?

is it only infantry?

will we be led, or will we always be the leader?

etc...

thanks

I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. Is Arma 2 required for this mission, 'cause iv'e only got Operation Arrowhead.

Thank you, and unfortunately yes I think, because I use some objects from Arma 2.

hey, can you tell us a bit more about the campaign?

like:

how missions will there be?

is it only infantry?

will we be led, or will we always be the leader?

etc...

thanks

Sure ! There will be about 10 missions, some will last 15 minutes and others 1 hour. Most of the time it will be infantry but a few missions are focused on Air and ground vehicles.

You'll be both led and leader during the campaign.

Hey, I have a question:

is voice acting really needed? Can't you just release it without them?

is voice acting really needed? Can't you just release it without them?

No the voice acting is not really needed for this to be released, but the voice acting will make for a much more polished campaign. However it's not the voice acting that is taking up the time right now, currently the campaign is getting debugged and reworked in places, and the units are still getting some work done on them.

Here are a couple recent shots of how some of the units are looking;

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/ArmA%202%20Sympathy%20for%20the%20Devil%20Mod/arma2oa2012-09-2313-49-28-56_zps71cbbdb8.png

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/ArmA%202%20Sympathy%20for%20the%20Devil%20Mod/arma2oa2012-09-2313-50-49-44_zpse20d38b5.png

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/ArmA%202%20Sympathy%20for%20the%20Devil%20Mod/arma2oa2012-09-2313-50-53-94_zpsfca09c08.png

Pics looks great. I also watched a couple if the videos you made and all really makes me look forward to it!

Can't wait for it to be released!

It looks really great!

I hope it is released soon!

hey!

I don't remember if I already asked you this, but will it be in english, or multilang?

hey!

I don't remember if I already asked you this, but will it be in english, or multilang?

It will be in English with subtitles, after the release, I'll work to make it multilangage

ok, thanks.

by the way, if I remeber well, you talked about a release in september.

as we're late octoberI assume you may have encountered some problem to finish the mod and/or the campaign.

so, do you have any idea of an ETA?

thanks

ok, thanks.

by the way, if I remeber well, you talked about a release in september.

as we're late octoberI assume you may have encountered some problem to finish the mod and/or the campaign.

so, do you have any idea of an ETA?

thanks

Yes, I admit that it took me more time than expected because I've got a few other projects, but the good news is that the campaign itself is nearly finished. Spock did a great work on the infantry and vehicle skins, so normaly during November, the first version (without the voice acting) should be released.

What about the sounds? They sound great and different from anything else I heard before. Very realistic I have to say. Did you make sounds for the game as well?

the campaign itself is nearly finished. Spock did a great work on the infantry and vehicle skins, so normaly during November, the first version (without the voice acting) should be released.

really great news!

anyway, what is left to do before it is released? fisnish the campaign and? finish working on the infantry and vehicle skins?

really great news!

anyway, what is left to do before it is released?

The campaign needs finishing and the infantry and vehicles are getting the finishing touches put on right now.

You mentioned something about an addon.

Could you go into that a little bit? Something you made yourself? What does it do?

Hi seth.

Are you still working on it? Or have you given up?

BTW, are you alone working on it, or are there other guys with you?

Hi seth.

Are you still working on it? Or have you given up?

BTW, are you alone working on it, or are there other guys with you?

I was/am working on this mod as well, mainly (re)doing the textures for the units and testing the campaign. The units have been finished for quite awhile now and as of the last files I received the campaign was about half finished with regards to the missions, however there were still quite a few bugs at that point as well. No work has been done on the campaign for a couple of months now, I am not sure when (if ever it will be finished).

I was/am working on this mod as well, mainly (re)doing the textures for the units and testing the campaign. The units have been finished for quite awhile now and as of the last files I received the campaign was about half finished with regards to the missions, however there were still quite a few bugs at that point as well. No work has been done on the campaign for a couple of months now, I am not sure when (if ever it will be finished).

SpockVF101, have you been in touch lately with sethofchaos? Is he still around?

Too bad if this promising work will not be finished...

If you are in touch with him, perhaps ask if you can release the units.

Hello everyone !

Unfortunately I didn't have as much free time as I wanted. But I'm back in business and do my best to finish that campaign.

Here's two screenshots where you can see the great texture work by Spock. these guys are the Tigerian Revolutionary forces.

1780061212.jpg

2441383313.jpg