Sign in to follow this  
sethofchaos

Sympathy for the Devil campaign and Addons

Nice textures indeed! Great to hear you are still working on it setofchaos! I look forward to this campaign.

Make the leather on the gasmask into white synthetic rubber. Its more "Warsaw Pact". :)

Hi everyone just to let you know that by the end of the week I'll release half of the campaign + a few coop missions with all the units etc etc so you can make your own missions with it. The final part of the campaign will be released later.

432998TRAUTMANN2.jpg

747888Trautmann.jpg

Edited by sethofchaos

Great news! Looking forward to it. What addons will the coop missions require?

Great news! Looking forward to it. What addons will the coop missions require?

Here's the list of the addon required:

_ CWR2

_ Tigeria Island

Version 1.0

Here we go, today I release the V1.0 of this addon and campaign. Below you'll find two separate download, One for the addon and the other for the campaign. note that the campaign is not complete. Soon I'll release the second part of it. hope you'll enjoy !

Addons:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=72da1589e04d47c27136b86855e75196

Campaign:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/398543/SFTDV1-0-7z.html

Addons requirements:

CWR2

Tigeria Island

Arma 2 CO

Credits and special thanks:

Sethofchaos

SpockVF101

RobertHammer

Vila

Mondkalb

Edited by sethofchaos

thanks, but I don't really understand:

you say that you release the campaign, and you will (later) release the full campaign.

so, what about the campaign in this v1.0? is it complete or not?

thanks, but I don't really understand:

you say that you release the campaign, and you will (later) release the full campaign.

so, what about the campaign in this v1.0? is it complete or not?

This v1.0 contains the full addon units etc (first download) .. and half of the campaign (second download). so basically, no it's not complete, I'll release the second part later with other coop missions.

edit:

here are some feedback

-there is no capital letter at the beginning of some sentences.

-when we arrive at the airport (mission 1), victor speaks to us, but you used sideradio instead of directsay

-marker of objective 2 (hunt) is out of the map, you'd better check this out.

-you may wanna disable the auto-dialogs between the units (when they say hello, or I dont uderstand etc...)

-in the debriefing screen, there is nothing written

-in mission 2, there is a bike next to the bus stop: you should lock it up

-in the dialogs, when discussing with someone in the same vehicle or just in front of you (or next to you), you should use the directsay or vehicleradio instead of the sideradio

-in mission 3, I think that all the objective should be added 1 by 1, not all of them already in the briefing

I'll add some things later

FEEDBACK 03/07/2013

first combat mission, when we have to destroy the brdm21:

-corpse on the helo LZ

-when an objective is complete, it doesnt automatically assign the next objective

-the second documents are floatting in the air

-the last objective (extraction) doesn't turn green at the end of mission

-no debriefing

no major bug in this mission, but a few things that could be improved, such as capital letter at the beginning of sentences, (dialogs or briefing), or what said just above.

in the jungle:

-when an objective is complete, it doesnt automatically assign the next objective

-I found the ZPU, but no way to destroy it: no satchel and even if I take RPG7 from a dead enemy body, it doesn't work

-all objective already at briefing screen at the beginning of mission, which is not good. only obj 1 and obj2 should appear at briefing screen when the mission loads, then after the incident, create the third one

-was stuck at third objective, used endmission to complete the mission

-no debriefing

in the next mission:

-the objective "meet the colonel" is assigned at the beginning of the mission, then afther the cutscene, it's no longer assigned.

-in the dialog, in the briefing, it's "meet the colonel", the objective is written "meet the colonel" and the guy says "meet the captain"

Edited by Wiki
feedback

edit:

-in mission 2, there is a bike next to the bus stop: you should lock it up

-in the dialogs, when discussing with someone in the same vehicle or just in front of you (or next to you), you should use the directsay or vehicleradio instead of the sideradio

I'll add some things later

BTW, when I go to editor, I can't have access to your modifed units, such as your modified chopper.

is it normal?

Thanks for your accurate feedback ! I'm going to work on that.

by the way you'll find Choppers in usmc -->Hueys

ok.

btw, what do you prefer? I create a new post for feedback, or I keep reporting on page 6?

another thing:

in mission 4, there are something heavy on the HUD: there is the objective marker + the waypoint marker.

I think you should either erase the waypoints from the mission, as we are the leader, we don't need WP, or if you wanna let the WP, just erase the marker objective.

-in mission 4, we have no satchel at the beginning of the mission, is it normal?

-in mission 4, when the chopper lands, there is a corpse. is it normal? maybe you should delete it or replace it by invisible H

Edited by Wiki
feeback

ok.

btw, what do you prefer? I create a new post for feedback, or I keep reporting on page 6?

another thing:

in mission 4, there are something heavy on the HUD: there is the objective marker + the waypoint marker.

I think you should either erase the waypoints from the mission, as we are the leader, we don't need WP, or if you wanna let the WP, just erase the marker objective.

-in mission 4, we have no satchel at the beginning of the mission, is it normal?

-in mission 4, when the chopper lands, there is a corpse. is it normal? maybe you should delete it or replace it by invisible H

You should report your feedback on the same post (page6) otherwise you're going to have double posts.

For mission 4 it's normal if you don't have satchel charges, you must ask these to Rodriguez. He'll give you one. I don't know how that corpse got here but thanks for reporting it ;)

OK, here are my thoughts about the first missions up to RED DUSK:

Positives:

+Nice to play on a different map and units

+Nice Load Screen

+Good story. Reminds me of Apocalypse Now and Gen.Krutz looks like Marlin Brando...hehe

+Your camera work is really really good!

+ Satchel script looks nifty!

Suggestions:

Intro:

1. The buddy in the plane. What happened to him? He did not exit the plane nor join us for the hunt

2. Some spelling and grammar mistakes in Brief and dialog. ( I can help you with that if you send me the files).

3. Hunting........killed boars, used up ammo, then nothing. Nothing was triggered, so I had to EndMission.

4. I'd suggest using a Pick-up since they are going hunting...seems more practical though no big deal.

5. Player is waiting at the Wrong bus stop. He should be on the opposite side of the road for realistic purposes.

Red Dusk:

1. Weapons layout: Main player should have XMS. Pierce and Rodriquez with M16A1

2. Second BMP from the left is on top of rocks. Needs to be moved over more to the left, if player facing front of bmp's.

3. Evidence #2 is floating in the air, off the table.

That's if for now. Starting Mission #2. Will leave more later

My game completely freezes when moving on to the mission right after you talk with the two officer at your house. Tried with and without the beta with only the required addons. Anyone else getting that?

Please ignore my post... It seems that I forgot to install Tigeria... Sorry about that.

Hi everyone here's the first update of the campaign:

v1.1

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/403517/SFTD-V1-1-pbo.html

This update fix a lot of issues. Thanks to everyone that have reported these. By the way I'm still working to fix other issues and to finish this campaign before moving on arma 3.

Changelog:

-Minor fixes

-Intel floating in the air on mission "red dusk"

-End trigger not working on mission "through the jungle"

-Conversations errors

Edited by sethofchaos

Blew up the ZPU on "Through the Jungle", nothing happened. In the previous objective I found the dosier on the body but objective "investigate the village of infine didn't tick off (find the intel objective is complete though).

I tried to play this with a few additional mods the other day, so they may have broken it. I used cba_co, dfs_stanceindicator, sthud, blastcore_visuals, jsrs and jsrs_acr.

I couldn't get the boar hunt to end. I think I shot four (the last one I spotted running out of the forest and had to chase him for ages to catch up and shoot him) and searched for ages but didn't see any others but it never completed. I ran off to the nearest road/bus-shelter anyway but I don't think it was ever going to come as that task hadn't triggered.

I found the start a bit irritating to be honest, I'm afraid. The flight wasn't too tedious as I was doing the flying/landing but the long car ride, especially once it turned off road and went very slowly, got on my nerves and I ended up using time speed-up to get it over with. I think for drives like that where the player's not doing anything it would be better to skip most of the journey (maybe fade out shortly after you set off and fade back in with the car arriving at the destination, if that's possible in Arma). Didn't really want to be shooting boar or waiting for buses either.

It sounds like it might get interesting after that bit's over though. I guess I can use the endmission cheat to skip that part. It's just when I find some time to play Arma, I want to see a bit of action ;)