Sign in to follow this  
THORFINN

How to add mortar rounds to an ammo box?

I've tried adding 8Rnd_81mmHE_M252 and 8Rnd_81mmILLUM_M252 as magazines into a crate, but they don't appear.

I'd like to make a crate with 81mm rounds in it so a player can reload their mortar.

I don't think that is possible. You may have to settle with adding the magazines directly to the mortar, so they are reloaded when the first magazine has been launched

The vehicle ammo boxes, provided they are placed within a close radius of the static weapon, can be used to replenish the ammunition of a mortar. A side effect might be that the weapon is continuously replenishing ammunition, but this effect may be manipulated using the setAmmoCargo command.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks, I may use the vehicle ammo boxes. One more question, I know that in ACE you can get mortar rounds from a box (the MagicBox with all the weapons/ammo in it), but I can't seem to find a classname for ACE mortar rounds anywhere. :0

JicPr.jpg

The ammobox in question, running ACE and ACEX.

Edited by THORFINN

Without the necessity of addons, you can have an automated reloading (not realistic of course):

Assuming the mortar's name is "mortar1", place a trigger on the map with:

axis 0
repeated
timer 60 - 60 - 60
condition: (local mortar1) and (alive mortar1) and ((count (magazines mortar1) == 0))
code: {mortar1 addMagazine "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmHE_M252"} forEach [1,2,3];

This example will add three magazines to that mortar 60 seconds after it has no more ammo.

What mortar uses what ammo:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/OA/Weapons/static/

Or you can add an action menu to the mortar when it is out of ammo:

Name the mortar mortar1

Put in its init-line:

0 = this addAction ["Reload","mortar.sqf",mortar1,1,true,true,"","( alive mortar1) and (count (magazines mortar1) == 0)"];

create a file mortar.sqf with that content:
_obj = _this select 3;
if (count (magazines _obj) > 0) then {exit};
{(_obj) addMagazine "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmHE_M252"} forEach [1];
exit;

Doesn't work for clients in multiplayer. Making things work properly in multiplayer can really be a pain in the ass in this

multiplayer game :-/

Might have to use a trigger with adding and removing the action.

Edited by RogueTrooper