Sign in to follow this  
rebound_89

Joystick calibration issue

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer, and since doing so my joystick (Cyborg Evo Force) will not work properly in game. I had to reinstall the drivers and software, so they are all up to date. When I originally played the game with this joystick, I didn't need to change anything, just assign commands to the buttons. The problem now is that the throttle jumps in small (and sometimes large) increments (on the power dial on screen) instead of being smooth. The axes also don't feel right, so I figured the joystick just needs calibrating. So I did that. In game and out of game - nothing. I tried changing the sensitivity and dead zones (which actually made it slightly better because the throttle originally only had about 4 increments) but still is not fly-able :down: Can anyone help?

Regards,

Anthony

Hello. Be sure to bind your joystick axe on the "analog command". And unbind them on the other. I had a cyborg too and it worked fine on TOH. Keep all the curve to default except the thorttle's dead zone one. Put it to 0%.

Antoine.

Edited by hon0

Hi hon0.

I clicked default for the curves and throttle 'dead zone' went to 0% anyway. Not sure what you mean by "bind your joystick axes on the "analogue command"". If you are referring to throttle, I have done this already. There is no analogue command for the axes, only the throttle. Still moving with stutters in small increments.

My rudder also just went ballistic - extremely sensitive and arcadish. I could rotate my stick and the helicopter would instantly flick to the side and, if flying in a straight line, it would happily continue on the original path (just aiming 45 deg to the forward direction). If I returned my stick to neutral, the helicopter would return to forward flight as if nothing had happened (no swaying or anything). It was quite comical actually, I'd rotate the rudder back and forth and the chopper would look like it was at 10x speed and about to lose control, then I'd stop and it would instantly correct itself (auto-hover off). Very weird - and something I would attribute to FD, not the joystick.

Anyway, I'm going to reinstall the joystick software/drivers and 'repair' the game files with Steam.

I just want to be able to fly.. in the meantime I'll have to satisfy my needs with watching your Chernarus run on YouTube :notworthy:

Anthony

Good evening :)

By bind I mean assign.

Hmm So i guess if you run it on steam that you're already on the latest version. Reinstall the driver and check if everything run ok on Game controller panel. Propotionality, precision.. etc.. Cause it's not normal...

I also remember a weird thing that I had to do each time i used this stick.

Check

where i was enjoying my new track IR... At 20sec. If I don't put the stick in all corner. It all or nothing. 0 or 1. Don't know why.

Tomorrow I'll plug it in and check if it's ok. And get back to you ;)

HI. Unfortunately after re installing the driver and calibrating on the game controller panel, things got worse haha. Even though it was calibrated perfectly, TOH thought my stick was back and to the left when it was resting neutrally, which made flying quite a challenge (although the rudder was back to normal). I know what you mean about having to move the stick to all corners and running the throttle from 0-100 before playing, as I have always had to do this.

I am wondering if my stick is failing :( I would usually use that as an excuse to go get a new one, but I just don't have the money at the moment. BTW I'm very jealous of everyone with TrackIR - being a poor uni student sucks.

One thing I've noticed since re installing the game is that even with auto-trim on, my heli spins to the right during hover. Isn't the auto-trim function supposed to stop this?

Wow I'll definitely look into free track! Thanks :ok:

I just went to their website and selected "Cyborg", "Evo Force", "Windows 7 64bit". http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

During normal hover - I can't remember if I tried auto hover or not. I was just playing and I figured something out. When I'm flying in a straight line, the more I increase the throttle, the more the chopper wants to pull back and to the right.. is this normal? Haha it never happened when I played before, and means that I have to push hard forward and left whenever I increase the throttle. :391:

I switched to the easiest difficulty and all these issues went away (except for the throttle still jumping up in small increments instead of running smoothly).

Yes it's normal. At least in expert it's normal. Then IRL I don't know I never fly a helicopter yet.. You should really learn to play in expert mode. This way you'll discover the normal helicopter behavior and learn to deal with them.

I'm in game right now and I see there is two way to assign the collective. Be SURE to assign you axes on the "analog one".

Ok, I must have had that setting turned off last time. This will take some time, makes me appreciate your videos that much more.

Yes, the collective has always been assigned to analogue. Otherwise it just flicks between 0 and 100.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, the collective has always been assigned to analogue. Otherwise it just flicks between 0 and 100.

Then I really don't know where can be the problem..

You can adjust the difficulty in Option/game option/difficulty.

It will be verry hard for you to fly without autotrim with a bugged collective :(

Correct. In this state I can really only manage flight in the easiest difficulty :-(