Sign in to follow this  
Inexorable

The game slow down while i look at vegetation

I dont know why, but the game run really slow when i look at trees/bushes/grass

most at trees and bushes in fact

i get around 10-15 FPS

When i play in desert map, everything is fine, around 30-40 FPS but in the forest its horrible, and my computer is really enough to play this game

CPU: I7 950

GPU: GTX 570

Ram: Corsair 12gb DDR3

I tried Vegetation Tweak Visuals mod, it helped a little, but the problem is somewhere else, i mean, i dont understand why i can't run this game properly while my friend runs it fine with lower computers :(

There is a big problem, anyone know how could i fix it ?

or anyone else got this issue ?

Thanks for your answers

- Inex.

what is your ATOC settings?

and what is you shadow detail setting? In fact, in general, what areyour ingame video settings? Seeing you have 30-40 on desert maps, my guess would be that your settings are generally too high but so far this is just a guess.

mY AToC setting are at 0, at first they were at 7, but it made an annoying bug (white shape on trees)

but even when they were at 7 i'd still experienced that problem

i tryed a lot of graphic setting but right now im in normal settings, and for the shadows i tried all the settings to see if it helps, but it didnt

btw i lag only when i look at trees, i mean, if im in front of a tree, i look at my feet, i have 30-40 FPS, i look up to the three, 10-15 FPS, then i look behind me, where there is no trees, back to 30-40FPS

thats really strange, i also experienced that problem with the grass on Oblivion, i dont know if its linked, its like my computer can run only high end video games, on older video games, its like he make a lot of useless calculation just to show a tree, and i lag, thats strange, like my drivers only support new games and forget how to support the olders one :(

PS: my drivers are up to date

Are you using Anti-Aliasing?

If so, Try disableing it.

Are you using Anti-Aliasing?

If so, Try disableing it.

i did it, and it solved the problem, but its weird, is there any way to turn of the anti-alias only on vegetation ? that way i wont lag and i will have good graphic

try getting a ssd for your harddrive

Glad that solved the lagging issue for you Inexorable.

Also I dont think its possible to use AA for only vegetation.

But trust me you could do without! once your playing the game you wont bother with jagged edges.. atleast I do, the game is too awsome.

Also make sure you set 3D resolution and Interface resolution to 100% (your native screen resolution) so the graphics wont get blurred and get sharp image quality.

And If you get Inconsistent framerate you have to play around with Video memory option, Very High/High works the best for me, When I use default option my framerate is Inconsistent, but this could differ from any other system.

Other major FPS eaters are Object detail, and grass.

Hope this helps you!

My game runs stable on a E6600 , 2GB ram, ATI 4890 1GB Ram,

As you can see your system shits on mine. :)

Oh yeah forgot to mention, this game runs far better on Windows XP.

Edited by DaleyG

Oh yeah forgot to mention, this game runs far better on Windows XP.

I find most games do, although I haven't used XP in a few years now. I'm on Vista at the moment, forced to run it for DX10/11/ 3d vision/ etc :/ . M$ seems to not understand the concept of releasing an OS that actually performs better than the old one, not worse. They just expect you to throw more hardware at it to solve the performance problems.

I do find Arma's own AA quite demanding. For example Arma's LOW AA uses more resources than forced Nvidia 2x AA, but unfortunately this doesn't work with Arma any more, for some reason. I use FXAA now instead.

I find most games do, although I haven't used XP in a few years now. I'm on Vista at the moment, forced to run it for DX10/11/ 3d vision/ etc :/ . M$ seems to not understand the concept of releasing an OS that actually performs better than the old one, not worse. They just expect you to throw more hardware at it to solve the performance problems.

Well, they did understand and released Win7...which runs far better and smoother than Vista, you know ;)

@Inexorable: good advice so far from the community (change AToC from 7 to 0 and disable AA).

If you want to improve your visuals, try changing PPAA=0 to PPAA=3.

You'll find these tweaks and more in this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

Try them and I'm certain your game will run more smoothly and look better.

Above all, let us know how you get on!

I hope you haven't put all the ingame settings to 'VERY HIGH'

Set them to the minimum you can accept. If you don't notice much difference then go lower.