Sign in to follow this  
schaine

Empty TDM and DM servers?

hello,

i bought this game mainly for DayZ, but now i want to play some easy PvP deathmatch to have some fun.

Coud someone please explain why there are only two servers with more that 10 players in it and both of them are russian speaking, and somehow i cannot join.

I would expect with the popularity of the game that there would be a lot of TDM servers. Maybe not like in Battlefield 3 or MW3, but at least enough to play a decent game!.

Am i missing something? Is there mroe? I really like the mechanics of the game, so I dont want to buy something else to get a good TDM/DM shooter... and the free ones on the internet all suck.

is there anything i can do, or is this game DayZ and Singleplayer only?

even in this forum there are more people that in the multiplayer games (except dayZ)

Thank you

Edited by schaine

TDM= team deathmatch (two teams battling each other on a map)

DM = Death match (just players, no teams, battling on a map)

you should probably know that ;)

I'm guessing he means "Team Death Match" and "Death Match".

Those terms aren't used very much in ArmA 2. Usually we use gamemode or mission name (like "Domination" or "Chernarus Life") and those sometimes have a either Coop (Cooperative), TvT (Team vs. Team) at the beginning of their names to indicate the type of mission or gamemode.

As far as multiplayer goes, you'll want to find some kind of group to play with. A lot of servers are played at certain times or are locked and need a password so if you know of some groups to play with you'll have a far easier time getting into a multiplayer games.

Fortunately, this isn't too difficult in ArmA 2 even if you can't put in the time to be a member of a clan because there are groups and clans who will let you play with them even if you don't necessarily join. Even some of the locked servers might not be that hard to get into, as some will give you the password if you just join their TeamSpeak or just let them know your there to play and not cause trouble.

Edited by paul1290

warfare is a team death match.. and dayz is deathmatch okay i get it ^^ didnt know there are names for this..

and the op is complaining about too many deathmatch and too less team deathmatch sevrer the?

anyway there are enough in my eyes..

As far as groups go, there are a couple that spring to mind at the moment.

United Operations runs both Coop and TvT missions pretty regularly and they'll let you play on their server as long as you have the needed mods installed an join their TeamSpeak. They run ACE and ACRE as well as a few other mods.

15th MEU has a recruiting server that's also played quite frequently that you can play without having to join them. They also have a TeamSpeak and run ACE.

If neither of those fit you that well then there are several more that others can point you to.

If you want more PvP, then another option would be checking out the Project Reality mod for ArmA 2.

Besides DayZ, most popular gamemode is cooperative. However, ArmA 2 comes with everything you need to set up your own server (dedicated or self hosted) and create any type of mission you want.

hello,

i bought this game mainly for DayZ, but now i want to play some easy PvP deathmatch to have some fun.

Coud someone please explain why there are only two servers with more that 10 players in it and both of them are russian speaking, and somehow i cannot join.

I would expect with the popularity of the game that there would be a lot of TDM servers. Maybe not like in Battlefield 3 or MW3, but at least enough to play a decent game!.

Am i missing something? Is there mroe? I really like the mechanics of the game, so I dont want to buy something else to get a good TDM/DM shooter... and the free ones on the internet all suck.

is there anything i can do, or is this game DayZ and Singleplayer only?

even in this forum there are more people that in the multiplayer games (except dayZ)

Thank you

Do you have Combined Operations (ArmA2 + ArmA2:Operation Arrowhead)? If not I'd consider getting it. A lot of servers 1) run Combined Operations and 2) host certain mods that you have to have in order to play.

There are some servers that don't allow mods or only allow certain mods (probably the majority), and there are some that will let you have any mods. Most of those are Combined Operations servers though or just Operation Arrowhead servers.

It's good to see that you want to get into ArmA2 though. It'll give you more appreciation for DayZ and why DayZ is possible. The jewel of ArmA is that it's a highly moddable sandbox game.

Moved to MP, please look before starting new threads that you're putting them in the correct forum :)

Check out the multiplayer section - others have already asked the same question. => Ninja'd by Placebo...

I'd assume he has ArmA2 CO as that's what is required for DayZ.

As others already said, MP is mostly COOP = PvE(nvironment), and that usually in closed groups on locked servers, as it can easily be spoiled by random players.

Popular modes on open servers are often largescale "Capture the Island", either as TvT (Warfare) or TvE (Evolution).

Smallscale squad/platoon sized and in a small confined part of the map are nowadays mostly left for other games - in the past there were also things like Team Capture the Flag (Hexenkessel); you will also find some such missions and templates in your MPMissions folder and when you host on your own (you can do that on your own by "hosting" a LAN session - some missions can also be tested/played alone and against AI) or check the editor, but you will have a hard time finding a server that runs such missions...

After you familiarized with the MP commands, you might join a free public server and vote to run such a mission - if you are lucky you get more to join you; sometimes it just need someone to start a game to attract more to it...

Edited by WhoCares

Filter "C5" in the browser. They play mainly Advance and Secure [Kinda like Battlefield] but other PvP modes as well.

Server is based in NY. Most of the traffic is starts in the early evening.

Filter "C5" in the browser.

So you recommend people here a public OA PvP server which does not use Battleye and has signature checking disabled but in the IF forums you tell people that many russian IF players will be banned once IF gets Battleye support ?

Interesting...

Xeno