Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

MPTable.shadow & pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha Thread - the only one!

Ialso have this problem, however I do not have Steam. What I have done;

Reinstalled Arma II and Arma II RFT

Run as Admin (duh).

Ensured my AMD card drivers are up to date. I have a new AMD card so age is not an issue.

Run from directory, not shortcut

Deleted .cfg file

I have not installed any of the beta updates, and all of my troubleshooting has been done sans mods.

However I have done some testing and I can confirm, at least in my case, that it is *ONLY* the 1.62 update which is the problem. Version 1.60 works fine. The only workaround I have at the moment is to NOT install version 1.60. Hotfix anyone?

I have exactly the same problem!

HI there,

I searched through the forum and had no luck finding a solution, so I decided to register. So first of all, HELLO!!!!!!

Issue is of course the " MPTable.shadow & pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha" I am getting and to be quite honest, I am f**king annoyed by this issue and I hope someone can help me here.

First, here are my sys specs:

Time of this report: 8/17/2012, 19:32:16

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)

BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/15/11 09:45:49 Ver: 05.10

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM

Page File: 2419MB used, 13959MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6739)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_23041787&REV_00

Display Memory: 751 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1008 MB

Shared Memory: 3839 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

So first of all, I DID NOT PURCHASE this software via steam but downloaded it from a retailer including a proper gamekey and everything. That very retail version IS already 1.62. I also own ARMA II black edition which was part of a gamer mag I bought couple of weeks ago.

First of all, I did buy arma2 abnd arma OA to play DayZ, everything worked from day one and since there has been some strange beta update, launchers don't seem to work with that mod no more, so I decided to uninstall everything to have a fresh installation to install the before mentioned mod. Since then, everything has been a mess... and yes the error message is exactly the one dealt with by this very thread.

I first tried to simply uninstall and install the games:

- Arma 2: no issues

- OA: MPTable.shadow & pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha

Ok, no joy there, so what I did was deleting all data that was somehow related to the game including every effing entry with the systems registry AND deleting all data associated with that game in my AppData diretory (that also includes the necessary restarts).

I then proceeded to do the following:

Originally Posted by SKURTUS

Dear Friends,

After I contacted to customer support in BI Studio, Mr Jan Libich offered the folloing solution that worked in my case:

1. Uninstall everything

2. Reboot

3. Install ARMA2

4. Patch ARMA2 to 1.11 version (Two steps: a. patch 1.05, b. patch 1.11)

5. Run ARMA2 Once

6. Install ARMA2 OA

7. Patch ARMA2 OA to 1.60 ver

8. Run ARMA2 OA Once

9. Patch ARMA2 to 1.62 ver

10. Run ARMA2 OA

Now ACR DLC may be added. In my case, I had already BAF and PMC DLCs. I reinstalled them and then I applied again patch 1.60, to pach them to versions

1.03 and 1.02 respectively, and to add the missions of PMC.

Everything worked properly, and I'm now enjoing the new DLC, ACR!

Thumbs up for BI Studio!

As the OA version was already at 1.62 I had to obviously skip that part. Everything was done as admin (I also tried not to run it as admin), so this can not be the issue.

I am really puzzled, as everything seemed to work when I used the six launcher for dayZ, but now, I can't even get OA running at all because of these errors. (besides DayZ is currently not installed, also any launcher is no longer installed neither are any registry entries, as they were also MANUALLY deleted)

another approach:

- deinstalled everything i.e. Arma2 and OA and all associated files including registries.

- restart

- installed OA first

- ran it and it WORKED

- installed Arma 2

- F*CKED up again i.e. same error message like before

Edit:

I've found some sort of errorlog in my AppData directory (I was just about to delete it again). Maybe this will shed some light on the issue:

Exe timestamp: 2012/08/17 19:03:26

Current time: 2012/08/17 21:35:20

Version 1.62.95248

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.recoilCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.autoreload'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.animSpeedCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit/Flags.CameraShake'.

Warning Message: []: '/' not an array

Cannot evaluate '' - no file

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular.recoilCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular.autoreload'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular.animSpeedCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.CameraShake'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran.recoilCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran.autoreload'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran.animSpeedCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran/Flags.CameraShake'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Mercenary.recoilCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Mercenary.autoreload'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Mercenary.animSpeedCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Mercenary/Flags.CameraShake'.

Error: 80004005 in D3DXCompileShader while compiling the PSSpecularAlpha:0 pixel shader (w:\c_branch\poseidon\arrowhead\lib\d3d9\ShaderSources_3_0\PSBasic.hlsl)

error X3501: 'PSSpecularAlpha': entrypoint not found

ErrorMessage: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

If you do have any idea, please let me know.

Thx

anti

edit: BTW, the display driver has also been updated to the latest version

edit 2: oh yes, I also deleted the config files, as suggested by some people in this forum, no joy either

-----------------------------------------------

Yet another approach:

1. deinstalled everything (all Arma files, including Arma 2 and OA and deleting all registries manually)
  2. restarted the system (win7)
  3. installed Directx9 (as admin)
  4. restarted the system
  5. installed OA in a custom directory I created earlier on (I named it C:/Arma OA) as the admin user (to make sure, no files of prior installations are still located at the same place, I am not sure if this can happen, but as it is windows, I play it safe)
  6. started the game, NO ERRORS this far. Version is 1.62.95248
  7. restarted sytem and ran OA, again, no errors
  8. ran beta patch 96061, a new error occured: No entry ".profilePathDefault'.. As this thread suggests, I deleted the .cfg file which did not help. The game still starts but the game menu (in which one can chose single player, multiplayer, options, etc) is all messed up and does not contain any readable characters. However, the game runs fine using the "old" arma2oa.exe in the games root directory.
  9. issues with new beta patch persistent
  10. installed arma 2 in a entirely different directory, Arma 2 was not yet started
  11. starting Arma OA, Works on Version 1.62.95248
  12. starting Arma 2 in a custom directory (C:/Arma 2) now, working, no issues so far
  13. starting OA once again... JOY! :D
  14. I may have found a solution to this. Arma 2 and ARMA OA are now working without any flaws, HOWEVER, the beta patch issue is still persistent, it seems I am stuck at 95248 for now and I will address this is another thread.

*to search for registry entries associated with both games, run the "regedit" command (START ---> type "regedit" in the "search programs and files" field and hit ENTER). You now have the option to search the hole "computer" for those little bastards. To do this, click on "computer" and proceed to click on the "edit" tab followed by the "FIND" option and type something like "bohemia" in the search field. The programm should now show the first match, check carefully whether its a registry associated to the game, this should be easy if the path to the game. If the path is pointing to the download directory, its most likely downloaded content which should no be deleted. TO FIND THE next registry entry, hit F3 and proceed deleting any registry you may find, proceed until the program can no longer find any records.

REBOOT!

So maybe this method (the one printed in green) will solve the problems other people are having with this.

LAST EDIT (i hope)

I also fixed the issue in which the beta patch launcher "f**ked" things up. I simply renamed the original "arma2OA.exe" to "arma2OA BAK.exe" (rename it to whatever suits you) and copied the beta patch launcher (96061) to the root directory of the armaOA directory. Its the one called "arma2oa.exe" (note the lower case characters used by the beta patch launcher). Ran the 96061 client and HOOOOOORAY, that thing worked.

So finally, I do hope, this documentation may be helpful to others. I've invested quite some time to solve this, but it in the end, it appears to be working. Now I am going to try and install the dayZ mod manually, but that is another story.

Oh and BTW, if this is helpful in any way, would someone please be kind enough to put this in a decent format? :D

Edited by antipr0duct
issue has been solved

So first of all, I DID NOT PURCHASE this software via steam but downloaded it from a retailer including a proper gamekey and everything. That very retail version IS already 1.62. I also own ARMA II black edition which was part of a gamer mag I bought couple of weeks ago.

Which retailer?

The key is irrelevant in the sense that the installer is the important part.

Which retailer?

The key is irrelevant in the sense that the installer is the important part.

Well, it was bought at "gamesload.de". File version is: 2.0.2.0

I've never heard of that retailer or know what installer they're using I'm afraid, I'd suggest you open a support ticket pasting all the information you included above by emailing support@bistudio.com and also include:

Details of where you purchased the game from

The installation method included with this purchase (DVD/Digital etc)

Photo or screenshot of the key (if applicable)

Photo or screenshot of the receipt

IP address from www.whatismyip.com

No need to escalate this further... as mentioned in my numerous edits, I've successfully solved the problem by myself. It appears the installer is f*cking things up when installing to the default paths.

Hello,

I have the same issue and bought the game also from Gamesload.de online.

As it seems many people have issues with it, what is the solution from the producer of the game?

I am not going to invest +4 hrs in reading, deinstalling, reinstalling numerous forum threads and/ or programs.

ARMA 2 runs fine at the moment.

thanks & regards

gvn

Hello,

I have the same issue and bought the game also from Gamesload.de online.

As it seems many people have issues with it, what is the solution from the producer of the game?

I am not going to invest +4 hrs in reading, deinstalling, reinstalling numerous forum threads and/ or programs.

ARMA 2 runs fine at the moment.

thanks & regards

gvn

Hi GVN,

Why don't you do it "my way"? It worked for me, maybe it does for you too. Just follow all the steps in green print.

Yet another approach:

deinstalled everything (all Arma files, including Arma 2 and OA and deleting all registries manually)

restarted the system (win7)

installed Directx9 (as admin)

restarted the system

installed OA in a custom directory I created earlier on (I named it C:/Arma OA) as the admin user (to make sure, no files of prior installations are still located at the same place, I am not sure if this can happen, but as it is windows, I play it safe)

started the game, NO ERRORS this far. Version is 1.62.95248

restarted sytem and ran OA, again, no errors

ran beta patch 96061, a new error occured: No entry ".profilePathDefault'.. As this thread suggests, I deleted the .cfg file which did not help. The game still starts but the game menu (in which one can chose single player, multiplayer, options, etc) is all messed up and does not contain any readable characters. However, the game runs fine using the "old" arma2oa.exe in the games root directory.

issues with new beta patch persistent

installed arma 2 in a entirely different directory, Arma 2 was not yet started

starting Arma OA, Works on Version 1.62.95248

starting Arma 2 in a custom directory (C:/Arma 2) now, working, no issues so far

starting OA once again... JOY!

I may have found a solution to this. Arma 2 and ARMA OA are now working without any flaws, HOWEVER, the beta patch issue is still persistent, it seems I am stuck at 95248 for now and I will address this is another thread.

*to search for registry entries associated with both games, run the "regedit" command (START ---> type "regedit" in the "search programs and files" field and hit ENTER). You now have the option to search the hole "computer" for those little bastards. To do this, click on "computer" and proceed to click on the "edit" tab followed by the "FIND" option and type something like "bohemia" in the search field. The programm should now show the first match, check carefully whether its a registry associated to the game, this should be easy if the path to the game. If the path is pointing to the download directory, its most likely downloaded content which should no be deleted. TO FIND THE next registry entry, hit F3 and proceed deleting any registry you may find, proceed until the program can no longer find any records.

REBOOT!

But yes, I do agree. This issue was annoying as it can be and it took more than a day to fix it.

Edited by antipr0duct

I just registered to give a follow up about the erros with the Gamesload download.

First: Gamesload isn't any suspicious seller, it is a plattform of the biggest german communication provider, Telekom.

So, please do not think there's is some illegal action like keys over Ebay etc.

I purchased it yesterday, downloaded the package:

ARMA 2: Black Edition Download v1.11

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Download v1.62

here is the link (not able to link) to the Gamesload package:

world wide web gamesload point de/arma-2-combined-operations/?xtmc=arma2&xtcr=2

First I installed Arma2, running then ArmA2 OA and got the error "no entry ...shadow", bla bla

I searched several hours about that, unfortunately all run into that "run Steam as administrator" answer.

(Obvisously I do not have Steam installed here)

Now I found antipr0duct's description and it solved my issue partially:

It doesn't matter in which order you install that. However I have - as adviced - installed ArmA OA first (running), then ArmA in a different location (have not started it): but got the error again after starting ArmA OA again.

I tried there several combinations.

In the end I downloaded the Betapatch, currently 96751

Copying over any exe's also do not work here, but I can run ArmA OA now with the Beta Link.

However the menue is messsed.

I'm happy now, that I'm at this point, but have not started a game now. Will try.

And I haven't installed/started the DaysZ Mod.

Will report if it works.

If anybody has a solution for this Gamesload issue, please tell us!

Hello,

I've bought ArmA2 Combined Operations from Gamesload.de too. (It means i dont need Steam !!)

I received two sets of setup files. ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 : Operation Arrowhead. ArmA 2 is ready updated to Ver. 1.11.86734 and Operation Arrowhead Ver. 1.62.95248.

When I install only Operation Arrowhead, i can start the armaoa.exe without any problems or errors. Well as I install ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead together, I get the error.

I downloaded the latest Beta Patch 97982 and copy over all Files, consists still the error.

When i start OA with the beta link, the game runs without the error, but the ingame menu is slightly faulty.

Why that is this error ? What can we do about it ?

Regards

TigerInc02

Have the same problem, the two errors with A2OA, A2 runs but with errors in UI and LOD loading. Game directly from Sprocket (official BIS store), no Steam. Gonna do a full reinstall, nothing else helped so far.

edit: Reinstalled, working as expected. Gonna do more testing to see what broke it in the first place.

Edited by fraczek

Hello, since the 1.62 was out I have not been able to play online, I'm desperate because no solution have worked for me.

I have ARMA2 since release and Reinforcements after, they are both physical formats, not steam. I haven't OA. Not neccesary for me because I only play (played) online.

Tried reinstalling them in the ways said in the postand in other posts, game run until 1.60, the moment I install 1.62 stops working and gives the errors.

Have updated card drivers, also have formatted the drive. Also haven't find a solution for people that don't have OA, only ARMA2 and RFT.

Thanks

Hello, since the 1.62 was out I have not been able to play online, I'm desperate because no solution have worked for me.

I have ARMA2 since release and Reinforcements after, they are both physical formats, not steam. I haven't OA. Not neccesary for me because I only play (played) online.

Tried reinstalling them in the ways said in the postand in other posts, game run until 1.60, the moment I install 1.62 stops working and gives the errors.

Have updated card drivers, also have formatted the drive. Also haven't find a solution for people that don't have OA, only ARMA2 and RFT.

Thanks

Mine worked perfectly in V1.58? its been that long since i had time to do any gaming i had to update first to 1.60 then 1.62 and now it wont work,

tried all the above, all drivers upto date but i cant get the game to load,

i have steam, i run steam as admin but A2 isn't installed to steam.

this should be looked at by the devs and fixed, we shouldn't have to make fresh folders/directories etc to play the game just please fix the patch.

come on guys play the game, something went wrong in a previous or recent patch that is upsetting the system that was never there before, i didn't have this issue with 1.07 so why now?

Mine worked perfectly in V1.58? its been that long since i had time to do any gaming i had to update first to 1.60 then 1.62 and now it wont work,

tried all the above, all drivers upto date but i cant get the game to load,

i have steam, i run steam as admin but A2 isn't installed to steam.

this should be looked at by the devs and fixed, we shouldn't have to make fresh folders/directories etc to play the game just please fix the patch.

come on guys play the game, something went wrong in a previous or recent patch that is upsetting the system that was never there before, i didn't have this issue with 1.07 so why now?

My problem was solved by the Arma2 Support that I wrote about the problem, they had a very good attention to my problem and I thank them so much. The solution for me was:

1. Create Arma 2 RFT shortcut on the desktop.

2. Right-click on the shortcut and select "properties".

3. Go to the "Shortcut" tab.

4. Add this to the very end of the "Target" field: -mod=@BAF -mod=@PMC

so the whole target field looks similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Reinforcements\arma2rft.exe" -mod=@BAF -mod=@PMC

(I have only Arma2 and RFT, not OA)

Thank You Mate, Thank You Very Much :) that worked :D :D

My problem was solved by the Arma2 Support that I wrote about the problem, they had a very good attention to my problem and I thank them so much. The solution for me was:

1. Create Arma 2 RFT shortcut on the desktop.

2. Right-click on the shortcut and select "properties".

3. Go to the "Shortcut" tab.

4. Add this to the very end of the "Target" field: -mod=@BAF -mod=@PMC

so the whole target field looks similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Reinforcements\arma2rft.exe" -mod=@BAF -mod=@PMC

(I have only Arma2 and RFT, not OA)

Ok i purchased Arma2 combined operations from steam. I installed arma2 and it works fine. I then installed OA and it semmed to install fine then when i try to run the game it gives me this error No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'. then after that, it pops up Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 and that is all that happens. I have no idea what this means or what to do. I have tried reinstalling them both several times and as administrator as well. It takes an hour and a half each to download so i am more than a little mad at this point.

Yeah, im stumped ... ive been trying to fix this for four hours now ... i brought the "Combined Operations" pack from GOG

Everything else works fine, OA just will not run however.

Asides to spending 10 hours last night, that i was supposed to be sleeping ... trying to download the game, due to an issue with GOG's downloader application not being able to retrieve checksums, their website seems to of gone down the pan tonight because i cant post a bloody thing, ive already written to their support team and have been waiting 3 days for a response, im tempted to tell them to shove it and ask for a refund because non of their forum help has ... helped either.

I fixed the bad registry entry, now i get;

"No entry: Bin\config.bin/cfgingameui/mptable.shadow"

+ the one about being unable to compile shaders.

My graphics drivers are current (according to the amd website they were released today) im using the 1.62 version of OA, ive updated my .net framework to 4, ive turned my antivirus off ... ive run each copy of the ArmA game individually and they all work, apart from OA - DX9C boots me from the install saying no modifications to my DX install are necessary, ive also reinstalled and reapplied the game and the registry fixes several times, the only thing i havnt done is redownloaded the entire game ... since i didnt buy it from steam, and GOG are having issues right now ... thats something i really dont want to do, because it involves babysitting it for better part of a day.

Any fresh insight?

Yeah, im stumped ... ive been trying to fix this for four hours now ... i brought the "Combined Operations" pack from GOG

Everything else works fine, OA just will not run however.

Asides to spending 10 hours last night, that i was supposed to be sleeping ... trying to download the game, due to an issue with GOG's downloader application not being able to retrieve checksums, their website seems to of gone down the pan tonight because i cant post a bloody thing, ive already written to their support team and have been waiting 3 days for a response, im tempted to tell them to shove it and ask for a refund because non of their forum help has ... helped either.

I fixed the bad registry entry, now i get;

"No entry: Bin\config.bin/cfgingameui/mptable.shadow"

+ the one about being unable to compile shaders.

My graphics drivers are current (according to the amd website they were released today) im using the 1.62 version of OA, ive updated my .net framework to 4, ive turned my antivirus off ... ive run each copy of the ArmA game individually and they all work, apart from OA - DX9C boots me from the install saying no modifications to my DX install are necessary, ive also reinstalled and reapplied the game and the registry fixes several times, the only thing i havnt done is redownloaded the entire game ... since i didnt buy it from steam, and GOG are having issues right now ... thats something i really dont want to do, because it involves babysitting it for better part of a day.

Any fresh insight?

Dou you run it as Administrator?

Myke;2269562']Dou you run it as Administrator?

Yup, thats on automatic ... i turned idiot protection off - so the only messages i get are when i try to run things that wernt originally from my machine, like ... tekkit for example.

I did the whole run as an admin just to be sure and still came up with the same error.

I think i know what happened, in my stupor i was attempting to launch from the OA shortcut when i have the combined operations pack from GOG.com.

Running from the A2CO.exe file seems to hit into the game normally with no problems launching into OA from within the game.

Guess i can play DayZ afterall now :P

I found something that might be interesting, BIS.

Steam f'ed up and put X anniversary on 90% off. I bought it 4 times!

Anyway, that was not the point of this post, but that lead me to this thread. I've owned Arma 2 & OA for a longer time before my recent purchase.

And the much recently re-install of my whole computer made me download the games through steam all over again.

Altough I could not, as why this thread exists, launch OA without errors.

However!

Here's the interesting part:

I did backup everything of ArmA2 OA before, just incase I needed it.

Some of the solutions I've seen for these errors asks you to make ArmA2 OA launch the mod "Expansion" from your ArmA2 folder.

The "Expansion" mod-folder is no longer in the ArmA2 directory for me.

When I reinstalled the game from steam just now, it was in the ArmA2 OA folder instead.

Has it switched places?

As I said before, I did backup everything from the time when the error did not exist.

I checked in my backup folder and there was no "Expansion" folder in my ArmA2 OA directory back at that time, but now it is.

Is that causing problems, or should it be like that?

//

I also tried launching ArmA2 OA with a launcher. It was set to load ArmA2 OA and Expansion. Like this: "-mod=Expansion"

ArmA2 OA loaded and brought me to the in-game meny with no problems.

It must've loaded Expansion from my ArmA2 OA folder, cause that's the only place where it's at.

Edited by AlexVestin

delete the file "arma2oa.cfg" folder "\documents\Arma 2\" and it will work

Not a fix for everyone, but still a fix for some. I've seen people solving it by doing that.

I myself could not fix it that way.

So, I've tried every solution I could find in these forums and the interwebs, but nothing works for me! Until now this is my 10. try to run both games simultaneously. Both Arma 2 and OA are retail-versions, non-steam. I'm really disappointed that I have to spend like 8-9 hours for this, when this has been an issue for a long time - I just want to play :(:( Many of my mates don't have OA and we play Arma 2 vanilla alot, theres no chance in just installing OA and be ok with it, I WANT both, because I paid for both.

Please let there be a magician out here :(

Still no answer in the forums or from support! Thanks guys that you are nice to your customers if your games don't work <3