Sign in to follow this  
phaeden

MCAGCC 29 Palms (Island and Buildings) almost ready for Public BETA

Looks a lot better than the beta I still have somewhere. Good job, looking forward to take a look at it. :)

Seems like a very good map!

P.S. Could it be possible to focus on the ground terrain as it looks like the only flaw! But they may be from just the pictures!

what's wrong with the ground terrain? Can't see any flaw.

I'm following this thread for a while now. The pics are really bad ass. Waiting patiently for a first release.

Good to see that you are still doing terrains phaeden.

cheers

Just a few quick screens of the progress I've made:

This series shows the template that a mission maker can use if he/she wants to have airport lights at several of the airfields on the island. The real EAF airfield does not have lights so this is completely fictitious (but looks cool none-the-less). This is still a work in progress (as is the whole thing). The lighting has been brightened to make it a little easier to see the screens but the brightness varies quite a bit depending on weather and phase of the moon.

Recommendations are encouraged and welcomed!

The main military airfield from several kilometers away in the central mountains:

7572902610_beccaeed63_o.jpg

A non-perfect approach (too busy trying to take screens):

7572902364_f1cab1f69a_o.jpg

Almost there:

7572902508_9c34cff3e4_o.jpg

The airfield from just beyond the end of the runway. Note the control tower on the right. The off-white lights to the right are other buildings around the airfield (Camp Wilson is further to the right).

7572902258_72de09407b_o.jpg

And we're down - another successful landing without blowing up.

7572902152_d192e32d8f_o.jpg

Is the Control Tower custom made? If so thats awsome, the ArmA 2 one gets old after a while lol. Keep up the work and some awsome screens. If you get some time can you release some more day time screen shots (and specificly some more of the airfield).

Most of the buildings on the island are custom. I'd like it to 100% but I don't have that much time. :)

I will get some more screens as soon as I can.

A few more screens before its back to work.

Wreck of C-130 that crashed to the west of the main airfield:

7580933652_9a14aa5159_o.jpg

Western edge of map looking toward main airfield - radio towers and control town can just barely be made out:

7580933760_fcd5b0ed6d_o.jpg

West end of runway area - looking into the rising sun:

7580933896_f90ed53ce7_o.jpg

Control tower and Camp Wilson in the background:

7580934024_ac7c8e7e69_o.jpg

Main airfield and runway in the late day:

7580934158_d88d8f3f1f_o.jpg

Camp Wilson and the central mountains:

7580934290_6ee9cc96dc_o.jpg

Another angle of the same area at a different time of day:

7580934420_b3984c5a12_o.jpg

Northeast of Mainside area - training area, logistics support, etc.:

7580934790_8cdda1f934_o.jpg

Amazing, thanks for taking the time to upload some more. It is decided this will host my training grounds now, it has everything on it. Thanks and keep up the good work. I realy like the Control Tower, I'm assuming most of your buildings are ones you can freely walk in right?

Looking really great, I am looking forward to your release.

Thank you for the info and pics..

Would anyone be interested in getting in on the very tail end of the closed BETA testing?

I've made what I hope to be the final changes (well, almost - a few things still need a tiny bit of work) and I need some fresh eyes to walk/drive/fly around and see if there are any conflicts or problems. The open Beta will (hopefully) be within the next few weeks as I squish the remaining bugs and flesh out areas that need it (based on feedback).

I could also use some help in making sure Alice and the other Modules work correctly - I've had intermittent success with those and it is driving me crazy.

So, if you are serious about actually help me test/find problems and not just getting a jump start on viewing the island, please send me a PM. I will be traveling this weekend and it is likely that I will not respond until sometime early next week.

Additionally, if you are a mission maker or can help get permission/convert other missions, please feel free to PM me as well as I would love to have a few dozen awesome missions to be ready to ship with the island. If you are a mission maker and would like to give me permission to alter your mission to fit on Palms, please also feel free to either post here or send a PM.

Thanks in advance!

Hi yes would love to help and as from my previous post I would love to make a mission or two on this island, Sorry I'm unable to PM but feel free to PM me back.

Just yesterday I was fixing ambient vehicles and civilians modules as well as warfare support for my own terrain, the stuff is fresh on my memory so I could help you on that.

Also I could take a look at the overall addon/package and help you get it right.

Send me a PM with details if you want my help.

Me too :) I'll probably be spending most of my time dropping JDAM's on this island so PM me with details if you want to do some flying-related testing.

As much as I wish I could say I would be of some help in closed BETA testing, I don't think I would. However, I have not been excited for something new in ArmA for quite some time. Can't wait to play on it.

I am also available today, I would greatly participated in the beta

Looks awsome!!! I'm most definetly interested in a big airfield. The Airbase template doesn't quite cut it because its hard to find a map with a large flat area without vegitation. But this a great altirnative. I wish you would've released it sooner!!! ;P, just kidding. But I am really looking forward to this.

Amazing screenshots. If you release a pack of desktop backgrounds, I'll take the 1920 px wide versions. :)

Thanks for the interest of those that have been willing to help with the last bit of closed Beta work. I haven't answered everyone quite yet (was busy over the weekend) but I have received enough interest that I no longer need any additional help. Thanks again!

I am hoping to iron our the last few issues and release it as soon as possible. My estimated timeline (and you all know how that goes with ArmA addons) is within 3 weeks.

I love it when people make massive maps for arma 2 :)

Gives planes' long-range weapons and air refueling (such as in all fuel) some purpose. Plus i just love the idea of massive tank battles.

---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-23-2012 at 11:33 PM ----------

Would anyone be interested in getting in on the very tail end of the closed BETA testing?

I've made what I hope to be the final changes (well, almost - a few things still need a tiny bit of work) and I need some fresh eyes to walk/drive/fly around and see if there are any conflicts or problems. The open Beta will (hopefully) be within the next few weeks as I squish the remaining bugs and flesh out areas that need it (based on feedback).

I could also use some help in making sure Alice and the other Modules work correctly - I've had intermittent success with those and it is driving me crazy.

So, if you are serious about actually help me test/find problems and not just getting a jump start on viewing the island, please send me a PM. I will be traveling this weekend and it is likely that I will not respond until sometime early next week.

Additionally, if you are a mission maker or can help get permission/convert other missions, please feel free to PM me as well as I would love to have a few dozen awesome missions to be ready to ship with the island. If you are a mission maker and would like to give me permission to alter your mission to fit on Palms, please also feel free to either post here or send a PM.

Thanks in advance!

I can do testing, i have the biggest mods folder known to mankind, so i can see if it works with a giant pile of crapo

send the file to blue_team_guy@comcast.net and tell me what you want me to test. I'll PM you any big things i find, I am running SMK animations and every chopper and plane addon known to mankind plus GLT missilebox and mando missile. I can tell you if any plane flips over taxing to the runway, and how the terrain reacts to mando missile. And of course whatever else you want me to do.

Edited by Blueteamguy
spelling adjustments

Interested in testing this with 20+ guys.

Let me know.

Almost there - two more buildings and some wall/fence sections are all that really remain.

Do you have Microsoft word phaeden? If so ill type out all of the errors/bugs and stuff i find on that and send it to you. (There are alot, given it is a beta and a large map though, very well done)