Sign in to follow this  
WMike20052

How do i make an empty vehicle have its lights on/engine on at mission start?

I have tried placing a person in there but if that happens i need them dead. Slumped at the wheel.

put this in the init line:

this engineOn true; player action["lightOn",this]

Excellent information, don't mean to high-jack, but can you also have a script to have the mhq deployed already, like at a FOB?

Just tried to turn the lights on an empty vehicle like that, seems it dosen't work.

How is the vehicle spawned? Mid-mission or in the editor, and in which init line do you put the above action? Players/Vehicles?

my vehicle im using is named car and im activating this and other things thru a game logic.

this action ["LightOn",car];
but even
this action ["LightOn",this];
should still work in vehicle/units init field.. but things change with every beta so who knows.

If there is AI in the car LightOn and LightOff won't work, since this is dependent on their combat mode ("Combat" & "Stealth" = Lights off).

Put the following code into the init line of the vehicle:

0=[this]spawn{_vcl=_this select 0; _driver=createAgent ["InvisibleManW_EP1", position _vcl, [], 10, "NONE"]; _driver setBehaviour "CARELESS"; _driver moveInDriver _vcl; _driver action ["EngineOn", _vcl]; _driver action ["LightOn", _vcl];};

:cool: