Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Modern War(fare) Crisis

Weekly update for everyone.

Macser has finished the G36C here's a picture of an earlier version just to give you an idea of how it looks:

g36cwip.jpg

So there's a standard version; suppressed; standard barrel+M203; suppressed+M203; standard barrel+Masterkey and a suppressed+Masterkey. Also a new iron sight optic model is provided. The G36C is being generously provided open source (i.e. MLODs will be distributed), permission free for everyone to enjoy. Same goes for the claymore which has also been completed.

The remaining permissions issues have now all been resolved. The authors listed previously could not be contacted so I'll be releasing there material under a disclaimer, but I don't see it being a problem.

The Intros for the main menus are done. I haven't done the main documentation yet (credits, license and editor guide) and there's still the odd bug coming back from beta testing (mostly public variable race conditions which are pretty difficult to reproduce in a reliable manner) but again these are minor issue that won't hold back the release. I will be providing a load of pre-made multiplayer missions of each game type, but they currently have some rather exotic addon and island requirements, so I'm going to have to look at what can be rationalised to maximise compatibility (I can't justify including all the required addons in the MWC distribution). I don't know what people really use as default islands and core addons. Maybe I'll put a list together to give you an idea of what you'd need. The template missions won't require any extras at all.

I've added another new feature into the config for the ww4_vehicles addon which are gunnerless vehicles. Basically it provides classes for all of the armed BIS and WW4 vehicle models but with the driver able to control the turret and fire the weapons. This allows free for all game modes to make better use of some of the vehicles namely the armed jeeps and helicopter gunships. Imagine if you will chasing each other around in JeepMGs with turrets that can be fully controlled from the driver's seat using freelook. Or being able to control the cannon on a helicopter from the pilot's seat for frantic dogfights. No more waiting or searching for a human player to use as a gunner, no more relying on AI to do what you tell them, no more attempts to shoot people with a fixed weapon in manual fire mode. There is a downside however, you're restricted to using the driver's POV and optics which means in a tank you can't aim the gun using the gunner's sight, this makes gunnerless tanks slightly less useful. But the other vehicles are fine and the AI (should you choose to use them) can use gunnerless vehicles without any issues.

The finished version of Macser's G36C:

ghobz.jpg

1936 vertices, 3 textures for the highest poly model (ODOL explorer vert count).

Edited by *Zeewolf*

It's finished. Zipped the mod is 190MB, I'll upload it tomorrow if I have time.

To avoid any addon issues with the pre-made multiplayer missions the missions included in the release will only use the default islands and they won't need any extra addons (I tested it out on a clean install of 1.96 to make sure). But to do this only about half of the 24 included missions were part of the beta test. The rest I cranked out today using the game mode templates (hopefully that gives you an idea of how fast you can make missions for MWC if you use the templates properly). My favorite missions that were beta tested all use a lot of diverse props and islands so I'll try to package these into "content drops" :) with each one containing missions that have the same addon requirements, so each "content drop" would have a different theme and addon requirement to the others (and probably a stupid CODish name as well just to be irritating).

Sounds Good!

Will there be an option to disable health regeneration? :p

I love love to have this kind of option :rolleyes:

Icarus

Health regeneration works as an init eventhandler script assigned to the Soldier:Man class in the main config so there are three ways to disable it.

1. Remove the heal.sqs script from Soldier:Man in the main config will disable all health regeneration.

2. Use addon units that inherit from Man rather than Soldier.

3. Use addon units that override the Eventhandlers class.

For options 2 and 3 this also means losing the swimming and secondary weapon scripts.

If you want to use addon units in an MWC mission then you'd need to manually add the swimming, secondary weapon and healing scripts to the unit when they spawn using the core game mode's SpawnDialog.sqs script or the wager match mode's respawn.sqs (in the same place they add mission specific fired and killed eventhandlers to the respawned unit). I guess I should put this information in the editor's guide but it's already 39 pages long!

EDIT: See release thread for download link.

Edited by *Zeewolf*