Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

Collin,

Can you confirm you have installed MySQL, ARMA2Net etc as directed on the MSO wiki?

Tup

Hi guys

Would I be right in thinking that the version of CEP Caching in MSO 4.4 only uncaches when units come within x distance of a player? As opposed to the module Wolffy was working on a couple of years ago http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97372-Cached-Units-with-Vehicle-Support-v2-0 which would uncache opposing faction units at a given distance?

reason I ask is that I play MSO single player - love it, playing on a self hosted dedicated server - and I am planning to add in some friendly patrol units to add to the ambience, which I would also like to cache but uncache when they are within distance of an enemy unit. So I would maybe revert to the earlier module to get that functionality if necessary.

cheers

JJ

EDITED - sorry, disregard, I checked the function more carefully and can see it is triggered by a getfriend of <0.6

Edited by jiltedjock

Collin,

Can you confirm you have installed MySQL, ARMA2Net etc as directed on the MSO wiki?

Tup

I do not, I realized that I had to install this myself after I had read through the MSO wiki. However I am still having problems with other people connecting to the server itself aside from me as their client crashes after the role selection screen

Disable PersistentDB in mission params. If they're still crashing, then it's probably not MSO related - it's been working fine on multiple different servers both dedi, local and various mods during testing. Without more detailed info it will be almost impossible for us to advise where the problem could be.

What kind of information would you like me to provide? I do not think its MSO related either at this point considering I have tried hosting other missions as well and the same thing still happens other players clients crash once they proceed past the player selection screen. I can provide the server config if that would help or anything else to help pinpoint the problem.

What kind of information would you like me to provide? I do not think its MSO related either at this point considering I have tried hosting other missions as well and the same thing still happens other players clients crash once they proceed past the player selection screen. I can provide the server config if that would help or anything else to help pinpoint the problem.

Hey Collin!

I ran into multiple crashes when using latest betas and /RCs with not beta-patched servers, restarting and rejoining mainly did it. There were so many Networking updates with latest RCs its most likely that if you dont restrict your server there are ppl joining in with different versions of arma2, and they and/or your server crashes. Try to get all ppl running the same version or even restrict your server running your addons, and im sure crashes will fade!

just try, and join us in SKYPE MSO channel for PDB setup questions >> i think that cant be handled with posts in a forum, m8!

guidance

HH

Thanks for the help, after make sure everyone was up to date (including myself) that seemed to fix it however some of the vehicles seem to be missing when the server is launched such as the repair truck or mobile hq. Another thing would be that (using the takistan mission) insurgents seem to spawn in or directly around the two main US and British bases.

i updated my mission to latest build and tested if everything works,.. and it does except one thing i cant figure out.

when im hunting down the enemy in any given patrol ops task i can get shot like 100 times without even getting injured, but when i drive a car and smash against a wall i do get injured.

i tested on regular and expert difficulty, both with the same outcome.

Thanks for the help, after make sure everyone was up to date (including myself) that seemed to fix it however some of the vehicles seem to be missing when the server is launched such as the repair truck or mobile hq. Another thing would be that (using the takistan mission) insurgents seem to spawn in or directly around the two main US and British bases.

make sure you have markers named "ammo", "ammo_1", and "respawn_west" placed on map (place all to be sure), on areas where you dont want enemies to be spawned like your base.

in vanilla takistan there trucks are at us base, and mhq is a bit outside of BAF base

enjoy

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

i updated my mission to latest build and tested if everything works,.. and it does except one thing i cant figure out.

when im hunting down the enemy in any given patrol ops task i can get shot like 100 times without even getting injured, but when i drive a car and smash against a wall i do get injured.

i tested on regular and expert difficulty, both with the same outcome.

never had that. can you provide a ticket and repro mission/steps, and i will look into it.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

By the way!

If using "Iranian Forces" be sure to have Jedra's Groupconfigs addon installed on server and clients to be compatible with dynamic Enemypop and CQB Pop (there are groupconfigs missing in original Iranian Forces addon)!

Its downloadable and well stated at the "Iranian Forces"-thread but i just wanted to make sure to have it here also: http://www.arma2jedra.co.uk/Addons/Iranian_Groups.rar

enjoy

HH

is AI caching the feature making my AIs unable to engage AI after i died , simply because the enemy disappear , as i left the town area ?

is AI caching the feature making my AIs unable to engage AI after i died , simply because the enemy disappear , as i left the town area ?

Not caching directly, but if you are using dynamic enemies and leave enemy area for longer than 30 seconds the AI will begin to despawn, to gain server power.

So if playing with few players or (alone with AI recurits) you can also set dynamic enemypop "off", so AI will stay - but will also continue to take server power.

enjoy

thanks, i found that yesterday , the dynamic enemy pop.

Thx to the great Mso dev Team support I now have a MSO + PersistantDB Online.

And it works like a charm .:yay:

Client is loading persistent player data....

Stuck at this screen and it forces players to force close ArmA2. You can hear yourself walking around and everything but with that PDB screen and that text.

Client is loading persistent player data....

Stuck at this screen and it forces players to force close ArmA2. You can hear yourself walking around and everything but with that PDB screen and that text.

No DB connection then.

Jman;2193081']No DB connection then.

and if DB is off?

I have same issue sometimes

If PersistentDB is off in the mission parameters you will never get to that screen since it's then bypassed.

is there a way to edit the skill of units in an MSO, not via the mission difficulty, but via some sort of setting or something? the AI is a little too accurate for taki Gue with 7.62, ruins combat sometimes

is there a way to edit the skill of units in an MSO, not via the mission difficulty, but via some sort of setting or something? the AI is a little too accurate for taki Gue with 7.62, ruins combat sometimes

try editing your difficulty setting so its only the accuracy thats different in your server profiles name.ArmAOAProfile

f.e.

skillEnemy=0.9;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

other way would be to add accuracy settings in the enemypop modules directly after units are created, but thats more a feature for upcoming releases if you don't want to fiddle with the code.

try the easy thing first

HH

I'm experiencing a strange issue -

if I play an MSO mission as Single Player, I get Humint, Sigint etc messages and the map has extra info on it. If I play the same mission on a dedicated server - running on the same PC as my client - I don't get any. Any ideas?

JJ

I'm experiencing a strange issue -

if I play an MSO mission as Single Player, I get Humint, Sigint etc messages and the map has extra info on it. If I play the same mission on a dedicated server - running on the same PC as my client - I don't get any. Any ideas?

JJ

We moved townmanager to run serverside, so the sidechat lines are not displayed in multiplayer atm.

Just check the map for enemy areas since the sidechat info is the same as the color on towns on map!

Enjoy

Hello

It would be possible to do this mission on the map CLAfghan [ver. Coop A2CO]? :bounce3:

since it only has the ACE version to this map, there was also a very good Vanilla version.

Good job and I'm really enjoying this type of mission. ;)

Hello

It would be possible to do this mission on the map CLAfghan [ver. Coop A2CO]? :bounce3:

since it only has the ACE version to this map, there was also a very good Vanilla version.

Good job and I'm really enjoying this type of mission. ;)

Thanks for your feedback - I have done a nice vanilla clafghan version (unofficial) that i can pass to you via PM in some hours!

Enjoy!