Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

And we ran one for 3 days at a avarage of 20fps (http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/5141088) and taking over 50% of taki before the server was reset due to idiots destroying vehicles and CBA needing updating.

That's awesome news! I'll drop in on TS at some point and see if you guys are having a game.

Okay, I *think* I got PersistentDB set up. Couple of questions:

1) How do you know it's working? I tried using it and after a server restart it asked me if I wanted to teleport back to my previous location, and it put me back where I was with roughly the same gear. So I guess it's working...? However, tasks were not saved, so I ended up out in the middle of nowhere with no vehicle and no enemy camp to attack, lol.

2) Which leads me to my next question: How do you reset the DB? Like if you want to start fresh.

If you saw the Persistance DB logo image and got the restore last location, that appears to be working... I dont think the tasks are yet logged in the DB though...

My experience is to either go into the database and delete the entries stored for the particular map (MID) in each table or just delete the schema and re-import the blank one that was originally started with. There are obviously many ways to do things but these would probably be the quickest. Glad to hear you got it running... :)

Hope this helped.

-Raptor

Okay, I *think* I got PersistentDB set up. Couple of questions:

1) How do you know it's working? I tried using it and after a server restart it asked me if I wanted to teleport back to my previous location, and it put me back where I was with roughly the same gear. So I guess it's working...? However, tasks were not saved, so I ended up out in the middle of nowhere with no vehicle and no enemy camp to attack, lol.

2) Which leads me to my next question: How do you reset the DB? Like if you want to start fresh.

Easiest way is to rename the .pbo so it is registered as a new mission in the database.

So if you have a mission.takistan.pbo - rename it to mission1.takistan.pbo, the name in mission.sqm doesnt needs to be changed.

Enjoy

PS: yeah, the rmm_enemypop locations ar not yet stored to DB (CQB_Pop locations are already in), will be in next releash

Edited by highhead

Is there a (public) "test" server with PDB active? Cheers!

We run PDB MSO missions on our server atm. Feel free to drop in and try it out.

-=Kellys Heroes=- Public Combined Operations ACE

78.129.202.206:2502

Okay, I'm trying to set up the Persistent DB thing on my dedicated server, having NO knowledge of MySQL at all, following the instructions found here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/wiki/Wiki

I got to here:

9. Import MSO db using MySQL Workbench (get MSO[date].sql from mission folder or GIT)

However, I can't find this file anywhere. Help? :x

Okay, figured that out. Now I am stuck here:

Copy Databases.txt (from Arma2netMysql folder) to ARMA2 folder, open the file, delete the #, change username to arma and change password (last two entries on line)

Can't find a Databases.txt file anywhere.

I am trying to figure this out as well but I (unlike Maverick96) have not figured it out:

1. I don't see a sql file in the mission folder to import?

2. Where is this Databases.txt file? Is it created somehow?

3. By using the MySQL Database what impact does that have on the performance of the mission?

Thanks

Well, I never actually found that file, either. I ran a search and found a thread where people were talking about it (possibly the ArmA2NET thread? Can't remember) but I ended up just creating the file myself.

This is what I put in it (based on information from this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111484-ArmA2-Persistent-Database-Scripts-WIP/page11):

# Put each database connection you want on a separate line
# For an example, see the following
#databasename,ipaddress,port,username,password
#

arma,127.0.0.1,3306,arma,password

Also, the MSO[date].sqf file is buried in the MSO mission files folder. I can't remember exactly where since I'm at work, but you have to go down a few directory levels to find it. I think it's in like MSO\Modules\PersistentDB\?

I am trying to figure this out as well but I (unlike Maverick96) have not figured it out:

1. I don't see a sql file in the mission folder to import?

2. Where is this Databases.txt file? Is it created somehow?

3. By using the MySQL Database what impact does that have on the performance of the mission?

Thanks

Yo m8s!

- SQL shema is in basemission_code\core\modules\persisentDB

- databases.txt is should be shipped with ArmA2Net plugin (maybe we forgot it sorry), it should be a txt file in your arma-root folder with this content (without //):

//

# Put each database connection you want on a separate line

# For an example, see the following

#databasename,ipaddress,port,username,password

#

arma,127.0.0.1,3306,arma,password

//

- Its stable and i dont expierence any overhead but we output much to rpt atm since its experimental

here is the link to the wiki with arma2net folder also https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/wiki

hope it works!

enjoy

Congrats on the beautiful release !

Got the database up and running and wondering what happens if you turn auto-save off when using persistentDB? (NOMAD disabled) does it still save mission state etc. at some point?

Edited by razool

Good question...I guess my question would also be, what does NOMAD do versus PersistentDB?

Congrats on the beautiful release !

Got the database up and running and wondering what happens if you turn auto-save off when using persistentDB? (NOMAD disabled) does it still save mission state etc. at some point?

Turning off auto-save means that the data will only be saved on player and server disconnect eventhandlers.

what does NOMAD do versus PersistentDB?

Nomad only saves data to the clipboard.

Jman;2186242']Turning off auto-save means that the data will only be saved on player and server disconnect eventhandlers.

Nomad only saves data to the clipboard.

Yo m8s!

PDB is independent of NOMAD, we recommend either using NOMAD or PDB. They go together though during our tests.

We did some automatism on saving methods for pdb: PDB saves playerstate and server state every 5 and 10 minutes automatically and on player disconnect and mission shutdown.

If you wanna save all states manually just end the mission as admin (#missions, or over map->servercontrol-> end mission)

Hope i could help

Oh cool, I didn't know PDB auto-saved when you disconnected or shut the server down, so thanks for that info.

Looking forward to a future version where all tasks/enemy locations will be saved as well. :cool:

Oh cool, I didn't know PDB auto-saved when you disconnected or shut the server down, so thanks for that info.

Looking forward to a future version where all tasks/enemy locations will be saved as well. :cool:

Yeah - pdb is experimental for now, so rmm_enemypop locs and jip-markers are next to come!

Enjoy!

Evening,

I'm attempting to create an OPFOR vs GUE in Chenarus, but it seems that when I have the dynamic enemy population script set to ON, I get all types of different AI apart from the ones I set to true in the parameters.

Does anyone know why or how to fix this problem?

Other than that this is a awesome mission template! Hope to make many more awesome missions, Thanks!

@Dkoke, do you have Patrol Ops 2 enabled? I've noticed that it still doesn't take notice of the MSO Enemy Factions settings, something we should try and fix.

Evening,

I'm attempting to create an OPFOR vs GUE in Chenarus, but it seems that when I have the dynamic enemy population script set to ON, I get all types of different AI apart from the ones I set to true in the parameters.

Does anyone know why or how to fix this problem?

Other than that this is a awesome mission template! Hope to make many more awesome missions, Thanks!

Hey Dkoke!

Will have to check if GUE vs. OPFOR is possible with its current mechanisms, as GUE is in enemy-factions at the moment and i guess you want to play as GUE against opfor (russians for example). Did i get that right? Quite sure it is possible but need to take a look.

Guidance

@highhead

Morning, I basically took the 32 ACE BAF&USMC vs RU in Chenarus mission and tweaked it to where you play as the Russians. I am using ACE Russians I believe, and I have the parameters to where it will only spawn Chenarus GUE. I get the correct spawns with dynamic enemy population OFF, but with the down side of horrible FPS. With DEP ON, my FPS is 2x better but I get weird spawns of Takistan forces, It even spawned a beached US carrier in Chernogorsk!

I was tooling around in the

my documents/Arma2profiles/*/missions/(missionname)/enemy/modules/rmm_enemypop/main_dynamic file

and was trying find where the problem might be, but searched to no avail

Thank you for the input, and once again I can't begin to describe how geat MSO is.

@Wolffy

Morning, I have patrol ops 2 enabled. But I've yet to try it with dynamic enemy population OFF. It seems when PO2 is on with DEP, I got a mission to kill a friendly motorized unit, kinda odd.

Thank you for the input! Hope I can provide at-least some useful information for development

I find that Dynamic enemies (CQB and Enpop) do help improve FPS quite a bit. Some players report even better performance when I disable AI caching with dynamic enemies but I must investigate more since I tend to mix up module settings alot.

Anyone else tested using Dynamic enemies + NOU_cache vs Dynamic enemies and no caching? What would be the benefit of using a caching module in conjunction with fully Dynamic enemies?

I find that Dynamic enemies (CQB and Enpop) do help improve FPS quite a bit. Some players report even better performance when I disable AI caching with dynamic enemies but I must investigate more since I tend to mix up module settings alot.

Anyone else tested using Dynamic enemies + NOU_cache vs Dynamic enemies and no caching? What would be the benefit of using a caching module in conjunction with fully Dynamic enemies?

Hey Razool!

Pleased to hear our performance improvements work out! And yes, it really can be that disabling caching if using dynamic enemies will additionally gain some fps - not prooved yet but i can imagine since caching occurs only within a 500 mtrs range before the units are despawned (f.e. enemypop: 2000mtrs despawn range, but at 1500 mtrs caching starts) its not needed anymore, and can be disabled. Would be cool if you could just try it and give us feedback. Though, if using static enemypop it should be switched on.

dkoke, really interesting to see this approach - please feel informed, that we didnt try out this usecase yet, so playing as opfor is also new for us (we did some TVT versions, but those are a bit different - maybe depbo one of thos missions and see if it helps ya). But i dont`t think that those takistani groups are caused by you playing as opfor but some failsafe default value is taken because the system doesnt find a group-class for a certain faction so, BIS_TK is taken as default. I saw that on lingor but only a few times on some few groups, so i will take a look at it!

Enjoy!

Edit: Dkoke, i sent yu a PM. Try this!

Edited by highhead

I tryed disabling AI Caching, but i couldnt see any impact - i tryed it on Lingor. I think its safe to turn it off in mission params at missionstart though, one script less running :)

Not sure if I asked it awhile ago or not, but I was wondering if someone can please direct me to where I can edit in custom weapons for MSO. Was trying to find where to add in custom weapons for example: "mso_24_a2co_cti_us_vs_tak_vs_gue_4-4.takistan", but couldn't find anywhere to edit in my own classes. Maybe I need to get an eye exam, but I'm at a loss for the moment. So if anyone has had experience with tweaking MSO to add in their own weapons for their squad/clan and can point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic. :)

To make a custom weapons crate you can use script like this.

@highhead: yea I disabled GTK and caching and didn't see much difference in performance except a bit more stable server FPS, will know more after our next big op. I'm guessing the caching will help more when using standard PO2 objectives (not dynamic) and/or editor-placed enemies for custom missions.

Edited by razool

Ah ok, so I can just place the crate (crate/script) down and the map and that's it? I thought I would have to find a hpp or script to edit the weapons I want added that you can buy at the hQ's and stuff like in Warfare how you have to buy your equipment. So in the case of the CTI MSO I thought I'd have to track a file down in there to edit.

Yea my bad I should've read your post more carefully, I've never played CTI MSO but if you look in "enemy\modules\BIS_Warfare\template.civilwar" folder there's a file called "Config_Loadouts.sqf" that contains a long list of weapons and ammo with cost, you can prolly start with that.

Would it be possible to add an option to disable ACE Wounds when running ACE versions of the maps (I can't do it myself because I don't know anything about Editor)?

Because I'm using COSLX and I like SLX Wounds system better but ACE version of the map just overrides it and makes it so that medics can't heal anyone at all.