Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

Hello, I'm having a little problem with MySQL and importing MSO db as it says so on the wiki, MySQL Workbench just CTD while importing db.

When I restart MySQL Workbench, I see the workbench has imported some dbs but I'm afraid it's only half way.

Is there any alternative way to import these dbs?

Hey!

We dont have any issues with importing the schema. Did you install and run it dedicated as Admin?

Thx

HH

We dont have any issues with importing the schema. Did you install and run it dedicated as Admin?

There's no option to run it dedicated as Admin as it's on an XP machine.

I am yet to try the phpmyadmin thing. Still trying to learn what the heck it is :p

Hi guys! I'm trying to add my =BTC= logistic to the mission but i'm having some trouble with the HUD. Could anyone tell me where is the "RSCTitles" defined?

Hey thanks for the answer highhead!

I was looking folder by folder and i didn't think abuot using ctrl+F in the description-mso.ext! :o

I need a rest :p

I always recommend using the Dev Suite Eclipse with the corresponding arma plugins. Checks for command syntax and has an awsome search function over all files. Together with squint for debugging it saved me weeks of time :-)

Hey Dudes!

I just wanted to inform you, that as we progress for 4.5 release (with several updates, improvements and bugfixes for PDB) the WIKI on dev heaven for PDB setup is a bit outdated! It will be updated the next days, so please write us a PM if you want to setup PDB the meanwhile, so we can support you with latest code-changes!

Thx mates!

HH

4.5 RC1 is now in internal testing phase, if everything goes well you have official RC candidates before the weekend!

Will be happy to provide the release candidate for interested people before of course!

Blackmamba check your PM please! Thx!

Have fun dudes!

Hey highhead, first of all, good job on pushing on the next MSO build.

I have two questions I don't feel like adding tickets for (yet).

1.: why are players "cloned" by friendly AI (recruitment/team status deactivated, only AI as base defense), sometimes on death, sometimes out of thin air?

2.: is there a way to make secured towns (blue) last for a time x before it can be recapped by enemy forces and restrict ZORA and enemypop to spawn in the secured area?

We play in a small unit and it's kind of frustrating to recap the same area just after it has been cleared.

The issue with the bugged ACE/MSO menu seems fixed for me, I only had it on a stock Takistan MSO, some of our players experience the issue from time to time. Not sure what could cause it. Just wanted to let you know if you still are trying to figure it out.

What would be the best way of making a custom filled ammo/weapons box? I am no scripter, so I just added the stuff into empty weapon crates, but somehow players that put weapons in can't seem to retake them. Maybe it's a database issue, but you might have a better idea especially with the resupply script.

Are there plans to include Lingor units into PO2? Enemy Populator uses them, but PO2 is unable to deal with them.

Hi MSO dudes.

I have recently returned to MSO from domination (which I still enjoy) and I want to recognize your efforts in getting the MSO to the state it is in. It is now *closer* ;) to where I wanted it to be when I played the first releases with AAF back in yesteryear.

I have a borderline PC for arma 2 in the first place, and I suffered and ranted and raged when I tried to play MSO.

So thank you all for enabling me and my clanmates to play this wicked gametype.

I will try to join you on skype later tonight as I have some questions. (don't we all?)

vos saluto

Edited by muzashi1963
needed an end

Great to hear!

Yes, I am still around and pottering around with SQF. I've been working these past few months on the next generation of MSO code base, new concepts, new modules, etc.

Take a look at the blog for details - but yes, with v4.5 out the rest of the team can come join me working on the new stuff!

http://www.ausarma.org/blog/4-mso-developers-blog/

Hi predator!

Thanks for the headsup!

Ad. 1.: make sure your unit is high enough in rank. Make them corporal, or sergeant for example!

Ad. 2.: The colors of the town markers are dynamically changed by latest gathered INTEL (including HUMINT)! If you clear that area and after some time it turns red again, it means there were enemy forces spotted in that area again. Due to the dynamic nature of MSO it could be a patrol moving thru or even an enemy chopper sighted by civilians in that area. Think of that markers more as INTEL markers not markers of "cleared areas"! To have it clear for a longer period of time, you may want to clear larger areas but still there can be a convoy or a patrol moving in from another area, just keep that in mind. MSO provides a fully danymically populated map - so this is war!

Regarding lingor units, po2 configs are static files with unittypes defined for the different opfor-spawn-possibilities so this is not as easy to do as each faction would need their custom config. If you want to fiddle around with it feel free (its located in the enemy/roy_patrolops folder somewhere (dont know it by heart).

For custom crates i found a small youtube manual: http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dh887UH43USE

I hope i could help mate!

Enjoy

Hey comrades!

As promised before...

Release Candidates v2 are available to public!

Official release to follow in seperate thread, with all the goodies and credits! Some changes stated below...

PersistentDB now provides full persistence for...

- Enemy Population

- CQB Population

- Team Markers

- Tasks

- After Action Reports

Additional new Features...

- Vehiclekeys

- MGO Attach

- Vehicle Crew Info

- simple Blacklist for CQB module

- More buildingtypes are selected by CQB module

Bugfixes...

- Factions were sometimes not selected properly

- ACE Crates broke PDB

- dozens more...

Get Release Candidates (v.2. ACE & Vanilla) here: MSO 4.5 Release Candidate v.2

If you want to use PDB see setup instructions here: PDB setup instructions

Please provide feedback, further details to follow up (as stated above)!

ENJOY!!

Hey highhead, thanks for the answer.

All playable characters are Sgt. and higher in rank, still on respawn we are cloned. Seems to happen only once (if the AI dies, no replacement is spawned).

Thanks for the info about the HUMINT. We disabled the civilian HUMINT, so the sector has to be scouted to know about enemy presence.

Another issue we encountered with the PDB: we have a player with a ArmA <Anniversary edition, which has an alphanumeric player ID [...]AX, which is not saved to the DB. Is this a known issue (already fixed in the 4.5 version) or is this a new bug?

i got it working and implemented the 4.5 rc2 version, i still have to test wat works best for fayshkhabur V1.2

but it runs smooth.

one thing,.. sometimes my character is getting stuck after respawned, i have to press respawn for a second time to move again.

I will try to join you on skype later tonight as I have some questions. (don't we all?)

Muz! Will add you when I see you on mate. Thanks for the positive feedback.

you guys are absolutely amazing. im hoping that one day logging into a mission has meaning to a bigger cause. for example a realism unit could actually simulate large scale deployments provided everything is backed up without having to worry about server crashes etc, cause they could simply restart the server and pick up where they left off. i hope you guys will port all this to arma 3. i need to get back into mso and throw a server up.

TheDog - that's what VCB is doing right now in fact. We 'deployed' to Takistan 3 weeks ago, and have been fighting the same campaign since then. Not even the mission maker is certain where the enemy are or what they're doing, so between main op nights we've been sending out recce and fighting patrols to find the enemy, secure the Patrol Bases, clear local towns of enemy presence, or fetch supplies from the main FOB. These 'off night' patrol reports are written up on our forum and feed into the Int Summaries and Op Orders for our next main mission. We also 'augment' the MSO, so the editor can shut it down, add a few tweaks like an enemy patrol in a specific area to spice things up or move the story along, then restart the mission and continue where we left off. In this way we can also simulate theatre resupplies of kit and equipment. Meanwhile all the player and vehicle data - kills, shots fired, damage, kit and cargo - are shown on a website out of game for reference, and soon we'll have a live map showing locations of friendly forces and the tactical map markers we put down during missions.

It really is the culmination of years of hard work by Wollfy, Tup, Highead and the team, and it's a truly amazing achievement.

... We also 'augment' the MSO, so the editor can shut it down, add a few tweaks like an enemy patrol in a specific area to spice things up or move the story along, then restart the mission and continue where we left off. In this way we can also simulate theatre resupplies of kit and equipment. ...

How do you do the augmentations, direct to the DB while offline, or by editing the mission? I presume direct to the DB?

Hi, Just curious if we are going to need an updated DB for the persistence with RC2 or do we use the last updated db link on the wiki?

Thanks heaps

Hey wraith!

Use sql.dump of 20121609 and @arma2net folder from wiki with 4.5 rc2 missions. Be sure to adapt and move the new databases.txt to your users directory as stated on the wiki!

Enjoy!

HH

How do you do the augmentations, direct to the DB while offline, or by editing the mission? I presume direct to the DB?

Just add stuff in the editor. No need to fettle the DB unless something breaks horribly, which hasn't happened yet.