Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

Could you try a stock vanilla mission with Vanilla & CBA, then a stock ace mission with only CBA & ACE please!

As this is not happening with our stock missions i still guess its an error with some needed file not found. Also try to switch verifysignatures on server in config off for nailing it down!

Try dat please

After hours of fiddling around, JSRS was doing some crazy crap and somehow conflicting with your mission. Can finally play with my unit, thanks again and your missions are amazing.

Also predator, is it a problem with ACE Clippi perhaps? Is the MSO mission compatible for ACE?

@Slendermang: Are you talking about the "wrong player name" in ACE Clippi or something different? I can use goggles and all. The background of the ACE menu is correct for interaction with objects, but the self/equipment interaction looks different and interaction with placed mines/satchels/sandbags does no longer work.

I am not sure about the compatibility of the MSO mission, though. I am not involved in the actual mission development (only the loadouts and weapons related issues).

I read that R3F revive and extended armor have to be off for reviving with ACE wounds to work properly. There are many (stock) modules that also use the ace self interaction menu. Guess we have to disable all modules and see if that works.

Yo m8s!

Slender, I have jsrs with ace & acre running with no issues! It was certainly one abandoned file on server that was/is causing the issue. Prolly that jsrs_distance file. Friznit posted some good information regarding the ace interaction thing some pages before, maybe that helps - we certainly need to investigate this one!

See ya on the battlefield

Edited by highhead

Yo m8s!

Slender, I have jsrs with ace & acre running with no issues! It was certainly one abandoned file on server that was/is causing the issue. Prolly that jsrs_distance file. Friznit posted some good information regarding the ace interaction thing some pages before, maybe that helps - we certainly need to investigate this one!

See ya on the battlefield

JSRS adds jsrs_distance to the mission file as a addon and is why it throws up an error... this will also require the player to be running JSRS. To avoid this issue, save the mission as normal, open the mission.sqm file and in the top two sections where you see all the addons and stuff being used, you will find at lease one entry for jsrs_distance in there... remove that entry and save the mission.sqm file, then compile the pbo as normal. if you dont want to go with all this and not mess with the entry removal, then have the server run jsrs with all the other addon as well but doing it this way will stop anyone who does not run jsrs from joining.

-VRCRaptor

Sagehorn - I tend to play with ACE & ACRE, which gives the PRC-117 radio. Not that familiar with vanilla anymore, but I believe the stock itemradio should work, which Section and FT commanders get. The metal box of radios is only added automatically if you have ACRE running.

Predator - this happens if you're running too many scripts and ACE is borking out. Try turning of some parts of MSO and limiting the amount of ambience in particular until it's working ok. The full whack is very script heavy and even the best server will struggle under the load. MSO is designed to be modular so you can pick the bits you need to make up a mission.

The documentation is really only a brief description of what each module does (and it's pretty outdated - I'll get onto that next time I get some PTO!) The best advice I can offer though is to start with everything off and just some enemy, then work up from there until you get acceptable performance with the modules you want.

Depositfile is down, scroll a bit down, there are 5 more hosters.

Enjoy!

They all take me to a "Lividsetup.exe" ?????

ps:

Can someone do me a solid by uploading to Mediafire or a more accessible site?

Much appreciated.

Edited by dondaddah

YO Dudes!

Dikke, NP - Welcome to MSO Skype Channel!

Dracus, sent yu PM regarding your map requests!

MSO nerds, since we got some more requests for Fallujah i made a special FALLUJAH CQB MSO! Its optimized for Fallujah and creates pretty dense Close Combat action, so i recommend to grab loooaaads a ammo and recruits - and use CAS often! Furthermore feel informed, that if you want to clear the city it will take several days (if not weeks) - so using it with PDB is recommended, this will give you a campaign style MP gameplay! Otherwise just use Nomad and leave server up as long as you want to.

Here goes your weekend

ENJOY! :pet13:

That link doesnt work fyi, it just sends me to "The Internet VS Hollywood"

I thought, Multiupload would be a good choice - but its just a shitty rasclaat bullshit site...

Uploaded it here now (Monkeyupload)!

So have fun dudes!

Edited by highhead

Hi, I'm using the CLAfghan ACE modified mission and was wondering how do I load up the barb wire/Concertina wire as well as camo nets as they have no interaction on the scroll wheel.

Hi, I'm using the CLAfghan ACE modified mission and was wondering how do I load up the barb wire/Concertina wire as well as camo nets as they have no interaction on the scroll wheel.

Wires are a bit tricky, yu need to trigger the right point, the metal bar in the middle. Camo nets dont have a handle - wolffy made a custom script that does it but seems as this is not implemented, will check for upcoming update.

Enjoy

I'm a bit confused as how to start a patrol mission. If I join the server running MSO as a team leader, go make my own squad, even recruiting AI's, with a radio and try to request a patrol mission I get a message from Papa Bear stating that my "current rank is not authorized to sign in". My clan rank is Sergeant major WO2. Do I need to be an officer to start a patrol mission? Or is it because a module has been disabled possibly?

Is anyone else having trouble with the Team Status option on the HQ? I can't seem to get it to work. This is on ported MSO maps on Lingor and Tora Bora. I even attempted to correct this with a team status pole (a script that my Unit uses) and putting it on the map (and description.ext) and still no luck. We use Shaktac HUD and would like the feature to work.

@ RedSnt - the rank isn't 'your rank' but the rank of the guy you are playing - he has to be a Squad Lead or a Team Lead (set up in editor) with a radio to get the Patrol Ops missions working.

Hey guys (and especially Tup),

I'm using Tup_IEDs with great success but would like just not only WEST players to be able to trigger them but any West. Being a noob at coding I'm not sure what I need to change in this trigger code ...

_trg setTriggerStatements["this && ({(vehicle _x in thisList) && ((getposATL vehicle _x) select 2 < 8) && !(_x hasWeapon 'ACE_MineDetector_US') && !(_x hasWeapon 'SR5_THOR3') && !(_x hasWeapon 'SR5_THOR3_MAR') && !(_x hasWeapon 'SR5_THOR3_ACU') && (getText (configFile >> 'cfgVehicles' >> typeof _x >> 'displayName') != 'Engineer') && ([vehicleVarName _x,'EOD'] call CBA_fnc_find == -1)} count ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers) > 0)", format["_bomb = nearestObject [getposATL (thisTrigger), '%1']; deletevehicle (_bomb getvariable 'Detect_Trigger'); deletevehicle (_bomb getvariable 'Det_Trigger'); boom = '%2' createVehicle getposATL _bomb; deletevehicle _bomb;",_type,_shell], ""];

I'm not worried about any ACE stuff, and of course use CBA. What do I change so that ALL West units trigger the IED?

Cheers

Kremator

@ RedSnt - the rank isn't 'your rank' but the rank of the guy you are playing - he has to be a Squad Lead or a Team Lead (set up in editor) with a radio to get the Patrol Ops missions working.

Thanks, I will try out different roles then and have a talk with the server admin.

EDIT: Was told it was a default installation, so I don't really know why it's being dismissive no matter the role I spawn as.

EDIT2: After a reboot of the server everything is working as intended.

Edited by RedSnt

-snip-

I'd start with _trg setTriggerStatements["this && ({(vehicle _x in thisList) && ((getposATL vehicle _x)

vehicle means any type of controllable entity; be it plane, train, automobile, or the pissed off dude wielding an M4 pointed at your head. I'm not sure anymore what to change that to as I've only just come back after taking an eight or so month break but that's the likely culprit.

EDIT: to keep my post on-topic @Tup/high/wolffy et al Still following you guys every once in a while on skype :D

Edited by Shad0wCatcher
ON TOPIC!

Okay, another question: How can i edit the recruitment-list for coop missions?

I'd like to create a set for the bwmod units, but seems that nothing like that exists.

Couldn't find the data in the unpacked mission-folder.

thx for help :>

Krem, count ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers) > 0 is the part that checks for players with certain conditions. To have all west units activate it this trigger would have to be rewritten. You are on the right track!

Sage, recruitment selects the faction of your player as far as i remember, but as im not at the pc atm, i cant look into this now. Will do tomorrow!

Enjoy

@highhead: yes, you're right. thank you!

...next questions: ;)

1. where can i set up the number of sectors in coop?

2. will there be ace + cti?

3. where do the enemies spawn in coop?

4. is there a difference between the enemy faction in the title and the selectable enemies in the parameter options?

5. is there a way to save the parameters? ^^

Edited by Sagehorn

I've been testing the ACE/MSO menu issue with a stock MSO and different modules activated/deactivated in-game. Seems like the menu bug only happens after the hint text on the right side (after initializing the MSO modules) appears. The ACE menu starts with entries like AAR, CAS/CASEVAC and so on and is on the original ACE color scheme (light green top row and dark green background). After the hint message window a toggle will pop up the "new" menu without background for the ACE Player / Equipment line and without background for the buttons (now with round corners).

I am not sure if the server load is the issue, because we had a session with no params changed from stock MSO and most people had the correct menu.

I am not a server guy, but could someone post a working config and parameters for Takistan and/or CLAfghan?

How to deactivate the debug console in MSO? the parameter does nothing (should be disabled by default)

And probably not related to MSO, has anyone encountered suicide bombers/VIEDs lately? Seems to be bugged.

Thanks in advance for the help, much appreciated!

@highhead: yes, you're right. thank you!

...next questions: ;)

1. where can i set up the number of sectors in coop?

2. will there be ace + cti?

3. where do the enemies spawn in coop?

4. is there a difference between the enemy faction in the title and the selectable enemies in the parameter options?

5. is there a way to save the parameters? ^^

1. It is depended on defined keypoint-locations of map. For example, airports, towns, stragegic positions, hills and so on. This done automatically on missiostart, there are no sectors.

2. You mean aced warfare missions? Feel free to ace-ify a vanilla CTI mission (just place ace-modules and crates).

3. See 1.

4. No, just select it in mission params. There was a bug where sometimes groups of other enemy factions were selected, fixed in upcoming release.

5. Only with pdb, see ticket.

Enjoy

thx man. im planning a kind of jagged alliance scenario ;)

so, another questions to CTI:

can i select the points, that have to be captured? are those also keypoint locations? if so: what options do i have?

i prefer to select the towns of chernarus... but i couldnt find tutorials or the coordinates by myself..

edit: okay, i found out how to make that points, but how can i delete the old ones?

edit2: okay, think i have fixed it

Edited by Sagehorn

Quick question chaps. I'm interested in having the IEDs spawn right at the start in appropriate town locations. Presently the IEDs spawn only in the nearest town to me (as I am a human player). How would I go about making these IEDs appear at the start and remain there until triggered? Obviously I want them to be triggered by West AI (sorted already) and therefore need to also be able to 'refresh' the placement after an hour. Any advice?

Turn on debug for modules in the params - you'll see that IED's are setup for most towns (depending on the params), they don't spawn until a player gets near and are only triggered by players. IED's stay in one place, they don't get deleted or moved etc. Once spawned they stay spawned.

Cheers Tup, I noticed that in the debug already. So how can I force that trigger then from the start (where they have been spawned) so that all BLUFOR can detonate them (not just humans)? Once they have gone boom, how could I then re-initialise them after 60 minutes ?