Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

We moved townmanager to run serverside, so the sidechat lines are not displayed in multiplayer atm.

Just check the map for enemy areas since the sidechat info is the same as the color on towns on map!

Enjoy

Thanks Highhead. I find the Sidechat quite immersive as a single player so I have commented out the !isserver check so that it will run client side too.

Could you explain something about the Dynamic Enemy Pop - I assume if you set it to "off" you are just disabling the caching element but still populating the map with Opfor? I am planning to add some DAC spawned Jackal patrols to my missions to add a bit of Bluefor life to the map, and I would like that to result in engagements that I am not directly involved in/initiating, and have the DAC groups set up to report contacts, support each other etc. If I set the Dynamic pop to "off" but enable CEP Caching, will the cached Opfor and Bluefor groups uncache when they are within distance, without my presence? or do I need to go back to previous versions of CEP caching for opposing AI groups to uncache without the player being present?

thanks

JJ

Edited by jiltedjock

Thanks for your feedback - I have done a nice vanilla clafghan version (unofficial) that i can pass to you via PM in some hours!

Enjoy!

Thanks I'll be waiting! :yay:

Thanks I'll be waiting! :yay:

Sent!

enjoy :218:

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

@JJ

If dyn.enpop.off -> yes, it will be static population (they spawn once if player is in range and wont despawn again = more cpupower needed).

For uninteracted BLUFOR <> OPFOR battles you would need to use NOU caching or turn Caching off completely.

You can also put this on the leader of your BLUFOR groups you dont want to cache: _this setVariable ["rmm_gtk_exclude", true];

enjoy!

Thanks Highhead

What confuses me about this is that looking in the code for CEP Caching, it looks like opposing AI groups will trigger a decache of each other without player presence within the defined distance?

"CEP_fnc_triggerUnits = {" \n

" _cep_leader = _this select 0;" \n

" _trigUnits = [];" \n

" {" \n

"// if (side _x != civilian && side _cep_leader != civilian && side _x != side _cep_leader) then {" \n

" if (((side _x) getFriend (side _cep_leader)) <= 0.6) then {" \n

" _trigUnits set [count _trigUnits, _x];" \n

" };" \n

" } forEach allUnits;" \n

" _trigUnits = _trigUnits + [] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers;" \n

" _trigUnits;" \n

Thanks Highhead

What confuses me about this is that looking in the code for CEP Caching, it looks like opposing AI groups will trigger a decache of each other without player presence within the defined distance?

"CEP_fnc_triggerUnits = {" \n

" _cep_leader = _this select 0;" \n

" _trigUnits = [];" \n

" {" \n

"// if (side _x != civilian && side _cep_leader != civilian && side _x != side _cep_leader) then {" \n

" if (((side _x) getFriend (side _cep_leader)) <= 0.6) then {" \n

" _trigUnits set [count _trigUnits, _x];" \n

" };" \n

" } forEach allUnits;" \n

" _trigUnits = _trigUnits + [] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers;" \n

" _trigUnits;" \n

CEPCaching deletes all units of a group and leaves only the leader if players are out of range and respawns them if players come in range again - they dont delete each other completely. NouCaching uses disablesimulation instead, so all the units are still present but take less computing power.

So this is why i say use NouCaching or turn caching off, since you dont want your BLUFOR Infantry group meet a single group leader.

Also keep in mind what you are trying to do takes much power.

guidance

JiltedJock, let me clarify some stuff.

Dynamic func on EnemyPop is for that module only and IIRC doesn't take into account BLUFOR AI to trigger despawn/respawn.

CEP caching does take it into account and will uncache with BLUFOR AI present, as you've shown in the code snippet.

I can't remember what NOU's does - you'll need to look at the code but if AI don't trigger it, just the TL's will see each other (the rest are frozen underground).

Best bet, disable all caching or modify the code to trigger like CEP.

we've been running MSO on our server recently but we've encountered MASSIVE performance issues, even with reduced settings ( no civilians, no civilian traffic, no air traffic at all, no animals, no world in conflict, reduced amount of enemies, etc. basically only what is barebones needed to actually have fun in this ).

We're running a 12 core server from jest, with the AI core put up to 3.8ghz in turbo mode, yet it still stalls out while all 11 other cores just idle ( less than 1% load ) around. That is with less than 20 players ( out of the 64 slots available ) online. Client FPS ( which i think is tied to AI calculations aswell for some stupid reason ) is in the single digit area, even when disabling all graphics settings and looking at the ground.

I'm at the end of things to do, i've exhausted the tech support of the server provider with tweaks, we tried custom bandwidth setting files, everything.

Is there anything we can try to make this even work ? At this point i can't imagine anyone even playing it, like at all, how do you guys actually make this work ?

We are really desperate by now...

I have no clue about jest. I do know that ArmA2 only uses 2 cores though.

Assuming you're using the latest version of MSO, try running with just CQB enabled and see how you get on. CQB enemy are all clientside and autobalancing, so have a much reduced impact on server or client framerate. VCB don't have a spectacular server (2.4Ghz Q6600 4Gb RAM), but we've been having plenty of fun with MSO holding at 40+ FPS server side and nothing out of the ordinary on up to 18 clients joined. PDB works a treat, and FOB builds, vehicles, player kit and enemy CQB positions are all saved between server restarts (ACE IFAKs duplicate still - looking into that atm). We also use ACE, ACRE, ASR_AI and lots of other mods - these do cause a significant impact on performance which of course is exacerbated by MSO, and things of course run noticably better on vanilla, but needs must! The game does desynch some, but since a lot of the enemy now runs clientside it has little effect on gameplay. Besides, I've noticed a lot more desynch in the beta/new patch even on regular missions, which I need to investigate some (have there been changes to server.cfg I missed?).

If you're still having major issues with MSO with just CQB and nothing else running, then the problem is likely to be unrelated to the mission - a combination of too many other server side scripts perhaps?

FWIW, these are the params & cfg settings we're using:

Ambient Civs

CQB (20%, OFF, OFF)

Dynamic En (33%)

R3F log, PDB enabled

Various support modules and some other ambience to taste (though mostly off)

server.cfg:

MaxCustomFileSize=110000;

MaxBandwidth=104857600;

MinBandwidth=768000;

MaxMsgSend=256;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;

MinErrorToSend=0.001;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.02;

Dynamic func on EnemyPop is for that module only and IIRC doesn't take into account BLUFOR AI to trigger despawn/respawn.

CEP caching does take it into account and will uncache with BLUFOR AI present, as you've shown in the code snippet.

Thanks Wolffy that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I have set Dynamic EnyemyPop to off but to spawn outside the CEP Caching limit, so once spawned they will be cached/uncached by CEP instead of by its own procedure.

CEP Caching seems to be successfully uncaching opposing AI sides judging by the mayhem I have come across in various Aliabad compounds - I set up half a dozen DAC spawned motorized patrols with a DAC waypoint zone of 100 waypoints covering most of the island, 20 waypoints per patrol, limited speed, DAC group behaviour set to pause at waypoints/unmount/search buildings/search for lost contacts etc - great stuff and hardly any different to having human players playing alongside me (am running MSO on my PC as a dedi server).

Incidentally, for anyone who is interested, I am running an i2500k at 4.7Ghz, MSO runs extremely well as a dedicated server with a two core affinity ie running on the same PC as my actual game. I allow my game to use all 4 cores. Server FPS rarely falls below 45, client is 40 - 60 on "ultra", 5500 view distance on server/client. GPU is a Nvidia 580 gtx. This compares to perhaps 20 - 30 FPS if I was playing the same mission in single player. Runnning dedi and client on the same box seems to be by far the best way to get the most out of a quad core if you are a single player. I guess that it breaks the AI out of the perceived "one core" limitation as some of it will be on the client.

JJ

Edited by jiltedjock

Thx for clearing that up wolffy, and jj - would be cool to see your mission, maybe yu can pm it to me!

Enjoy m8s

to whomever can help me:

Hello...I've been trying to edit this MSO mission "MSO 32 ACE coop" to disable ACE wounds without any luck...so far I've tried removing the modules in the editor and editing this line in the int-mods.sqf : "ace_sys_wounds_enabled = false;". Any pointers of what I'm missing would be appreciated :].

That should be it. There are various other scripts that detect if ACE is running (Roy patrol ops, PersistentDB, Nomad) but none of them enable ACE wounds if they module is not on the map. Try deleting or commenting the line in init_mods.sqf altogether?

I've been trying to find where I can adjust the AI skill level.

We're having an issue where the AI just one shot kills us before we are unable to do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

try this, let me quote myself:

try editing your difficulty setting so its only the accuracy thats different in your server profiles name.ArmAOAProfile

f.e.

skillEnemy=0.9;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

other way would be to add accuracy settings in the enemypop modules directly after units are created, but thats more a feature for upcoming releases if you don't want to fiddle with the code.

try the easy thing first

HH

enjoy

Isn't the skillEnemy and precisionEnemy disabled in the profile cfg? I thought I read somewhere that bis disabled this in the .armaoaprofile?

Right now it is set to skillEnemy=0.6 and precisionEnemy=0.2 but it's not making a lot of difference.

Edited by dikkeduif

Isn't the skillEnemy and precisionEnemy disabled in the profile cfg? I thought I read somewhere that bis disabled this in the .armaoaprofile?

Right now it is set to skillEnemy=0.6 and precisionEnemy=0.2 but it's not making a lot of difference.

could be a BIS-Bug (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27417) that BIS rejected and made a feature out of it (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27851) :yay:.

lets check the upcoming patches and new GUI (see the pictures in the ticket).

enjoy

Thanks highhead, that looks promising. Hopefully this gets implemented at one point.

YO Dudes!

Dikke, NP - Welcome to MSO Skype Channel!

Dracus, sent yu PM regarding your map requests!

MSO nerds, since we got some more requests for Fallujah i made a special FALLUJAH CQB MSO! Its optimized for Fallujah and creates pretty dense Close Combat action, so i recommend to grab loooaaads a ammo and recruits - and use CAS often! Furthermore feel informed, that if you want to clear the city it will take several days (if not weeks) - so using it with PDB is recommended, this will give you a campaign style MP gameplay! Otherwise just use Nomad and leave server up as long as you want to.

Here goes your weekend

ENJOY! :pet13:

Edited by highhead
sry posted wrong link

Multiupload is down.

ps:

I keep getting this: xxxx://lnx.lu/5yD

when i click on the link.

Any suggestions?

xxx = http://.... etc

Edited by dondaddah

A unit I run with is interested in running this, is it not possible to play as Russian forces in a coop though? From what I gather its BLUFOR only. Would it be really hard for me to manually change over if it doesn't support OPFOR Russians? I have considered maybe doing the trick where you group the OPFOR russians to a blufor leader but I imagine that would bug the hell out of things. Any help is appreciated.

Multiupload is down.

Depositfile is down, scroll a bit down, there are 5 more hosters.

Enjoy!

Hi, I'm trying to launch this mission on my buddys dedicated server and everytime the mission initializes it goes to Wait for host and then kicks us back to the lobby and resets our slots. Ideas? The mission ran before fine on a non-dedi, were running ACE.

R8Svp.png

and

[3003,107.793,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.187. MISSINIT: missionName=RangersMSOClafghan, worldName=clafghan, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=true"]
[3003,108.012,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
Mission RangersMSOClafghan.clafghan: Number of roles (73) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (74)

Sorry, for posting in 4.3 had tabs open, anyway the JSRS report is erroneous as it works fine on other missions

Could you try a stock vanilla mission with Vanilla & CBA, then a stock ace mission with only CBA & ACE please!

As this is not happening with our stock missions i still guess its an error with some needed file not found. Also try to switch verifysignatures on server in config off for nailing it down!

Try dat please

Edited by highhead

Hey there

I tried to "request patrol operation" and got the message "you require a radio".

The problem is that i haven't found a radio or whatever is necessary (there isn't such a "metal box", at least with that object)

I was playing the mission "mso 32 ace coop baf usmc vs ru ins 4.4", but it occured on other maps, too..

Maybe somebody can help, would be nice!

A strange but consistent bug occurs with MSO 4.4. As soon as the background for the self interaction menu disappears (round corners, unlike the rectangular ace menu) we cannot use ace items anymore (explosives, sandsacks...) tried to disable the R3F logistics system, but did not solve the issue. Someone posted something similar some pages ago, but there was no solution.

I am not the server tech and can't tell you what the setup looks like. Some players said they still have the dark green ace menu background and are able to use explosives et cetera, but most of the players can not.

I tried to find a proper documentation for setting up MSO, but there is none. The "manual" for players and editiors is not really a knowledgebase and there is no guide for proper setup.

Hope you guys can help my pals and me to solve this issue as we are not the only ones it seems.