batis4

FXAA Injector for OFP

Hello,

I don't know if this is already been discovered to be usable in OFP, and I think this deserves a thread of it's own, so I present you:

FXAA Injector for OFP (originally by some_dude for Skyrim) + DX8 to DX9 ENB Convertor by Boris Vorontsov

Basically, what it does is that it adds FXAA Post Prosessing effects (HDR, bloom, anti-aliasing etc.) to the game manually without any FPS loss, thus making a game like OFP look much more better.

The FXAA Injector only supports DirectX 9 or newer, so what has been included to the package is a wonderful DX8 to DX9 convertor library made by Boris Vorontsov.

Three pictures to show as an example:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

• You might want to fiddle with the settings provided with an easy-to-use graphical FXAA Tool interface if it looks too sharp or too bright etc.. You also might want to set up OFP's luminance settings to your preference.

• Text based modifications on the configs can be done in the folder /injFX_Shaders. Just open the files in your favourite text-editor program.

• I have included my settings in the package which works best for my monitor, but maybe not for yours.. The settings are applied automatically.

• Here is a picture of the luminance settings that I use which look best on my monitor:

1zxms0n.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download link (MediaFire) http://www.mediafire.com/?4c190zf2f2903l1 (179KB)

Extract the contents of the FXAA folder into the OFP main folder. To uninstall, remove the files from the folder. Nothing is overwritten, unless you use DXDLL by Kegetys, backup those files. DXDLL is not supported with this.

Alternative download: SMAA Injector (MediaFire) http://www.mediafire.com/?6aocxq0bcsbik95 (110KB)

Originally by Andrej Dudenhefner.

An alternative version. You might want to try this also. I still prefer the FXAA version because it produces a more crisper image. Extract just like the other.

I am not in any way affiliated with the program. I did not make it, I'm just distributing it to be used with OFP.

Edited by batis4

Is it my old ATI Radeon x1650 pro's fault when I launch game and it runs with around 16 or 32 colours?

STGN

Is it my old ATI Radeon x1650 pro's fault when I launch game and it runs with around 16 or 32 colours?

STGN

Maybe. Have you updated your DirectX drivers? Sucks if it doesn't work, it looks great. It should work on all nVidia and ATi cards, at least according to the author.

Also, make sure you turn off any on-screen display programs and monitoring tools such as Fraps, ATI Tray Tools, MSI Afterburner, GPU-Z, XFire etc.

Although on my PC, it seems to work normally if any of these are running while playing.

Edited by batis4

SMAA looks still better and the injector works too ...

SMAA looks still better and the injector works too ...

Yes. Looks great through both of them.

The .rar files you'd uploaded to Mediafire.com were damaged.:)

Edited by Laukhan

The .rar files you'd uploaded to Mediafire.com were damaged.:)

Works fine when I test them. Try to download again? If it doesn't work, can anybody double confirm?

Looks really nice, can't wait to test it. Wonder it if works with dxdll though hmm?

Looks really nice, can't wait to test it. Wonder it if works with dxdll though hmm?

Doesn't work with DXDLL currently the way it is. Maybe some internal work or a alternative fix to the program would get it to work, but many of the DXDLL's effects would be useless, compared to the effects what this makes.

Tried quickly to change the ProxyLibrary of the enbconvertor.ini to the DXDLL .dll file, but the proxy needs to be the d3d9.dll, for the DX8 to DX9 to work.

Edited by batis4

hi,

Looks nice! I will give it a try. Thanks batis.

cya.

Nikiller.

I gave them a try. Pretty nice! They both work fine on my system and improve the looks quite a bit. DXDLL's lighting still looks better to my eyes, but a big part of that is probably that I've tweaked DXDLL to my liking and gotten used to it that way. :P

Compared to DXDLL, the big upside of this FXAA injector for me is that it works fine with Steam's in-game overlay (DXDLL doesn't). On the other hand, FXAA lacks DXDLL's fix for the washed out colors at night.

I gave them a try. Pretty nice! They both work fine on my system and improve the looks quite a bit. DXDLL's lighting still looks better to my eyes, but a big part of that is probably that I've tweaked DXDLL to my liking and gotten used to it that way. :P

Compared to DXDLL, the big upside of this FXAA injector for me is that it works fine with Steam's in-game overlay (DXDLL doesn't). On the other hand, FXAA lacks DXDLL's fix for the washed out colors at night.

I agree. DXDLL on some monitors look better than FXAA, especially on CRT monitors.

Hi, I've found out a way to enable Sweet FX in OFP/ARMA CWA which adds new effects to the game. Here is the procedure:

1.) download Sweet FX Configurator on this site (first link) and extract the contents into your ARMA CWA or OFP RESISTANCE folder (contents of Sweet FX folder must be extracted!)

2.) download FXAA Injector from this thread (first link) and put only the files "d3d8.dll" and "enbconvertor.ini" into your CWA or RESISTANCE folder

3.) launch the game normally

How to use Sweet FX settings

Go to your CWA or RESISTANCE folder and open the file "SweetFX_settings.txt". Now put either "1" or "0" if you want to enable or disable an effect under "Choose effects". Choose the desired setting, save the file and start the game normally to see the new effect. You can also change the settings of the specific effects or add a new, custom shader effect.

Requirements

CWA 1.99 (tested, working), OFP 1.96 (untested but should work), graphics card supporting DX9 and shader model 3.0 (some effects may work on cards with lower shader models).

Pictures:

sweetfx1.jpg

sweetfx2.jpg

sweetfx3.jpg

Enjoy. :)

Edited by Rellikki
Merged threads together

It may require more customizing to make some use of it.

Night-vision on weapon scopes? But I'm too stupid too make it happen :(

The most this has done (I've seen it used before in OFP a few years ago) is add some postprocessing effects. You might be able to make something really radical that adds a completely new feature to the game, but it would require a lot of time and above all knowledge. Think DXDLL but even more/better.

Well if nothing, the game looks better with it... ;)

Here's a shot showing off the sharpening and color correction filters and the (pseudo) HDR effect (without the blooming present in DXDLL):

sweetfxgraa.jpg

[shown are customized GRAA 3.0, OFP PL grass, llaumax sky, Berghoff trees]

The most this has done (I've seen it used before in OFP a few years ago) is add some postprocessing effects. You might be able to make something really radical that adds a completely new feature to the game, but it would require a lot of time and above all knowledge. Think DXDLL but even more/better.

Yes it adds post-processing effects. DXDLL is good and the only such program that was written specifically for OFP but it's a bit old now and was never updated so some effects (like for example the water reflections which are, imo, the biggest feat of it) may not work very well on newer cards. The program here is ment to be more universal and easy to use, including the ability to add new effects to the game. The question is if it would be possible to trigger some of these in-game during specific situations but doing that is beyond my knowledge.

Thermal vision in OFP via post-processing (experimental):

thermal1.jpg

thermal2.jpg

thermal3.jpg

thermal4.jpg

thermal5.jpg

thermal6.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know why but after installing FX injector, FPS increased dramatically by 60 to 100.

Anyone experience the same?

I don't know why but after installing FX injector, FPS increased dramatically by 60 to 100.

Anyone experience the same?

There is a control panel external to OFP you need to run and make adjustments.

Some more experimetal effects for Sweet FX (FXAA Injector was not used) which you can try out yourself too:

Heat/thermal vision (settings: HDR 1 [HDR Power 0.00, radius 0.00], monochrome 1)

thermal.jpg

Predator vision (HDR 1 [HDR Power 0.00, radius 0.00], tonemap 1 [defog 1.000, fogcolor float 2.55, 0.00, 0.00])

predator.jpg

Terminator vision (tonemap 1 [defog 0.500, fogcolor float 0.00, 2.55, 2.55])

terminator.jpg

Shadow (or 'horror') vision (HDR 1 [0.00, 0.00], monochrome 1, tonemap 1 [bleach 2.000])

shadow.jpg

Cartoon vision (cartoon 1 [cartoon power 10.0, cartoon edge slope 1.0 - 1.5 for less 'underlined' look], HDR 1 [1.30, 1.00])

cartoon.jpg

You can enable/disable the effects by pressing the 'scroll' button when running the game. I have no clue how, or if it's even possible, to trigger them during a specific event. It's possible to exclude the HUD but I haven't yet messed with it. In general these are just experimental so don't expect them to be fully useful. But try them out if you wish so. :)

Heat/thermal vision (settings: HDR 1 [HDR Power 0.00, radius 0.00], monochrome 1)

Make it green, found a way to activate it on certain weapons, and we finally have NV sights on weapons! :)

Green would be HDR 1 (HDR Power 0.00, radius 0.00), tonemap 1 (defog 1.000 or lower for more clarity, fogcolor float 2.55, 0.00, 2.55 - these are RGB settings). It's not ideal because it doesn't work at night (the reverse colors thing - you might need to use a 'change to dawn' script when the effect goes off) and all objects are high lighted, but it's an attempt. :)