Sign in to follow this  
A-SUICIDAL

I'm looking for a "weapon on back script"

I'm looking for a non-ace "weapon on back script", if somebody could point me in the direction of one it would be greatly appreciated. I've searched high and low and I'm not having much luck. Thanks.

This is something I use occasionally, its not perfect, but should give you an idea on how you could do it.

rmm_action = player addaction ["Get weapon from back", CBA_fnc_actionArgument_path, [0, {_wob = secondaryWeapon player; if (_wob == "") then { _wob = player getvariable "RMM_WeaponOnBack"; player setvariable ["RMM_WeaponOnBack", ""]; player addweapon _wob; }; if (_wob == "") exitwith {}; player selectweapon _wob; }, false]];

Thats because there is no such script as far as I know, but Rommel here has given you a code which

you put in the activation line of the unit soldier you have as player.

Works for me, but in the action menu it asks you get weapon from back, so if I have a gun in my hand, and an at4

and I use that action I just switch weapons thats all that happens.

I think what your asking is to have a weapon in your hand and then one on your back as well,

or just when you lower your weapon the guy put it on his back instead of lower it, right?

I tried his code and I couldn't get it to work. On most normal, non-ace domination servers that I join, they always have an option to "put weapon to back" or something. I forget what the actual action is called exactly. I just wanted to put the same thing in my mission. The last time I had a script like this in my mission, it was over a year ago in some ace mission that I made, but since then I don't have the mission anymore and if I recall correctly, the script only worked with ace. I have seen this script on vanilla servers. I think 7cav uses it. The 18th uses it in their domi mission too.

I just put the code in soldier in the editor, and it works np

but in the game in your action menu you get get weapon from back

basically its the same as if you switched from your main gun to an at4 thats on your back.

Nevermind. I found it.

Put RIFLE to Backpack

Now I just have to find out if there is a way to add a specific weapon to the players "invisible" backpack at mission start.