Sign in to follow this  
raptor 6 actual

Combat Medical System

Like I said, to a degree. Of course hit detections doesn't work efficiently as any developer would like. There are other engine issues too, you have to work with it.

Guys, what do you think about Real Damage mod ? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144463-Real-Damage-for-Arma-2&p=2278639#post2278639 Murcielago is willing to cooperate. Together you can make something really amazing. Next version will include working buletproof vests.

I personally think it's great to see people taking ArmA into another direction. He's doing his thing, and we wish him luck.

Guys, what do you think about Real Damage mod ? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144463-Real-Damage-for-Arma-2&p=2278639#post2278639 Murcielago is willing to cooperate. Together you can make something really amazing. Next version will include working buletproof vests.

A really good script. I already added it to one of my missions (USMC Sweepers)

If CMS was a script too I would add it to Sweepers as well, otherwise I will wait for the mod release :p

If CMS was a script too I would add it to Sweepers as well, otherwise I will wait for the mod release :p

I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be in script form :)

I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be in script form :)

Too complex to be a script, I guess ;)

Though a script version as well would be nice too.

Hey Raptor 6 Actural,Glowbal..and all other that are working on this mod...I cant wait to this mod gets out...i am learning how to script..so if i learn it soon i will try to help.

by the way..i keep reading if player gets in field hospital or die..he get respawned...if you are going on reality dead or injured can play..if u disable respawn after injury or dead the guys will be carefoul in combat..they will not just run and gun..they will stop and look first ;) that is my opinion...

once again..this is great....i cant wait to fly a MEDIVAC Black Hawk but drive it with purpose...lol :D

PS.Sorry on bad english

Just seen this, interesting initiative, hope it works out :)

Will keep a keen eye on this :)

Let me know if you want any help with the medical side of things.

Hey Raptor 6 Actural,Glowbal..and all other that are working on this mod...I cant wait to this mod gets out...i am learning how to script..so if i learn it soon i will try to help.

by the way..i keep reading if player gets in field hospital or die..he get respawned...if you are going on reality dead or injured can play..if u disable respawn after injury or dead the guys will be carefoul in combat..they will not just run and gun..they will stop and look first ;) that is my opinion...

once again..this is great....i cant wait to fly a MEDIVAC Black Hawk but drive it with purpose...lol :D

PS.Sorry on bad english

That's up to the mission maker I believe. Would be quite harsh on the player! :D

Definitely keeping an eye on this MOD. Seems to have a lot of potential. I see you have a lot of good advisers on your team too, and that helps a lot in ways of realism etc... Looking forward to your first beta ;)

Definitely keeping an eye on this MOD. Seems to have a lot of potential. I see you have a lot of good advisers on your team too, and that helps a lot in ways of realism etc... Looking forward to your first beta ;)

Thanks for your interest!

The mod is still being worked on at a feverish pace. Glowbal and Riouken are getting different sections of the scripts done each day as they find free time.

For now, we're keeping some updates and features totally in-house until we feel they are at an acceptable level to present to you all. Both of those guys listed above are very dedicated in making sure as many bugs are non-present as possible before even trying a closed-beta.

Other than that, we will have some more info for you soon on some of our progress. Stay tuned!

Looks Good im with the 16AA And i know some very eager people are looking for this!

Lovely work so far.

If I may ask a question, how will "MASH" Work? Is there any way to 'Cheat' and get someone back to full health, and how will it work in the field? If done right can a soldier shrug off a IED blast or a .50 round?

Sorry if this was asked before :(

Lovely work so far.

If I may ask a question, how will "MASH" Work? Is there any way to 'Cheat' and get someone back to full health, and how will it work in the field? If done right can a soldier shrug off a IED blast or a .50 round?

Thanks for the comment.

As far as the MASH goes, you'll be able to deploy one where ever you want to get your guys back and treated I suppose.

Pertaining to the 'Cheat' part, you won't be able to full heal out in the field. BUT...not every little scratch will take you out of the fight either. We are currently looking into testing different ballistics and blast effects on the body ingame and determining what type of damage is sustained from it.

I'd say that you will probably suffer a concussion from the blast injury depending on how close you are to it. You also have to factor in shrapnel, etc. A .50 cal round will most likely require you to be stitched up back in the helo or the field hospital. But, you'll be able to stop the bleeding out in the field, IF you've only been scratched by it, and not a direct hit.

Hope that helps.

Have you ever seen wound ballistic pictures of what a .50 does to a body? Eeeeeeeeek.

Sorry, couldn't resist..:butbut::D:p

Haha!

Should see when the MK211 is used. :yay:

Yeah, stitching has been limited for in-field. Don't need to worry about anything unrealistic. ;)

Lovely work so far.

To clarify a tiny bit more;

The only way currently to get back to full health, is by using any kind of medical facility and using a first aid kit. For this, you need to patch someone up as much as possible (make certain there are no more open wounds, no bleeding etc). We are still looking in other methods or ways to do this and a final way of doing this will be determined based on feedback recieved during small scale testing.

Like Raptor said, we are also still testing different sources of damage; ie blasts, large caliber rounds, etc. I can say however, that a .50 round most likely will kill anyone instantly, depending on were the person got hit.

Thanks

The issue that ACE wounds has, and though its changeable and thank god it is, is that you can use a first-aid kid in the field to return to 100% health. With CMS I'm hoping first aid will just hold you together until MASH. Not anything life threatening, just not 100% health (or in this case for most ARMA players, AIM :) )

Cards as far as i am aware, The first aid kit's will be what you use at the MASH to get yourself back up to 100%. In the field you will use the lifesaving measures to keep them alive obviously till you make it too a MASH.