Sign in to follow this  
raptor 6 actual

Combat Medical System

this looks great will each action requier some type of medical item and will there be animations for assesing the casualty ??

i also think later on somthing like a chest wound or broken leg shuld put the person on the ground and headshots should not necesarily kill. or is that all already part of the plan ??

Any animations or effects are not implemented yet. But those are low priority at the moment anyway.

Headshots already don't necessary kill. Same with shots in the chest, those might kill you instandly as well, but of course less chance of it happening as when you make a headshot. But like Rye said, it still needs to be tested. Also, any values and settings still need to be tweaked. Currently, the important things are getting the basic system there. Wounds, damage, examining, healing/threatment, etc.

I just had an idea

maybe a sedating (knock out) function via an iv or injection

and a knock ot funtion to take wounded enemys prisoner

its just an idea it may be helpfull

Sedating as in anesthesia or an auto-injector? Please put your feature requests on dev-hev. But I don't think we're looking into such ideas.

Hello All,

We are in need of some more scripters, a texture artist, some people that are willing to make some of the addons for medical equipment. Glowbal, Derdoe, Rye, and many others are helping out A LOT!!!! But, we can always use more people on the team to get this mod out sooner rather than later. PM me and I'll get back to you. Thanks.

loving that video Raptor - looks like the concept is progressing well.

will keep watching this thread with gr8 interest.

We have an advisor in the team that is a Physician and has treated soldiers in theatre over in the mountainous resort we know as Afghanistan. Myself and Rye are both civilian paramedics and with that said, I'd like to speak to an actual "combat" medic. No offense to any nationality other than the US or UK, but for now, I'd like to get feedback from one of these two demographical groups.

After that, Glowbal is making sure that as he codes, he allows for easy expansion so that we can later go back and either add stuff or take away, according to playability.

Please PM me if you have actual combat experience treating wounded soldiers. Thanks

So to clarify, your wip mod here will be a completely separate thing altogether from ace and therefore able to be used without ace at all ?

Looks great btw..

So to clarify, your wip mod here will be a completely separate thing altogether from ace and therefore able to be used without ace at all ?

Looks great btw..

For now there are no dependencies on other Mods.

We are looking into maybe using CBA, only future will tell if we will use it or not.

Sounds good.

Ace for me has wondered a little, especially for SP. The BIS inbuilt first aid system is, well, not really what I’m looking for, this looks good, hopefully more realistic.. Would force a single player to think more regards taking a medic/s as part of the force or team being used, plus keeping him reasonably safe out in combat..:)

For now there are no dependencies on other Mods.

We are looking into maybe using CBA, only future will tell if we will use it or not.

We have a CBA dependancy.

Well, then i stand corrected ^^

:yay: Get with the times. :p

Combat Medical System - Progress Update video 2

Everything you see in this video is still work in progress. Nothing is finished or at its final state.

The red numbers behind bandage, for example, is the amount of items you have, that are needed to perform that specific action. You can see it change after bandaging, for example.

The animation for treatment as you see in the beginning of the video will only show up if the person you examine is unconscious or.. not really responding anymore. Otherwish, the animation as seen in the last part of the video shows up.

A small overview of what has been done since the last progress update video:

- Improved wound assignment

- Implemented Blood Pressure and Blood circulation

- Unconscious state

- Bandaging, drugs management, direct pressure

- Blood + Plasma IV for in vehicles, Saline IV for in the field

- Dragging, carrying

- Created a bunch of items

- Audio

We are currently working on implementing additional treatment options, effects and a few other features. I hope we are able to show you more of this soon!

I was browsing the web and ran across some individual threads from clans or squads in our ArmA community. And while I know everyone has likes and dislikes, complaints and praises to medical simulations, I'd like to answer some concerns that you may have, but haven't asked out loud.

1) The Combat Medical System development team consists of three actual paramedics from different countries (one of which was a Corpsman that served in Fallujah), one physician that has served over in combat theatres, and a two very talented scripters. This is not a team of people that think they know emergency medicine, we live and breathe it in our daily lives.

2) When developing any medical module, whether that be Swedish Forces Mod, ACE, Invasion 1944's system, or the other attempts, there is a very thin line that has to be straddled as we try to keep medical treatment realistic, but also satisfy the people that only want to "run and gun." We are trying to serve both sides as well as we can...but to be honest, we wouldn't be doing the real life Combat Medical teams and civilian medical community any help by furthering incorrect treatment options. Obviously, we have to script code so that ArmA's engine can accommodate our wishes and goals but still let people enjoy the game.

The best thing about Bohemia Interactive's way of letting the community take a stab at modifying what I believe to be the best game out there, allows all of us to decide on what mods we want to use, nnd which mods are just not to our liking.

We hope to have an in-depth medical system, that will definitely require some practice, but that's meant for the guys (and females) that want that level or "realism." If a soldier dies out on the field, then so be it. It's a game!!! But, what if this simple mod grabs someone's attention during gameplay and it makes him/her think that they may have an interest in real life medicine? I am a recruiter for emergency medical personelle for life, so you'll just have to bear with me.

At the same time, we will include a quicker and less complicated system to treat the wounded. This will allow for the "casual" players to be able to treat and go.

My final words though, for now, are that if you don't like the system...then just don't play it.

If you don't like our ideals....then don't play it.

BUT...if you want to push the limits of the game, and maybe bring a new aspect to gameplay, where people work together, and think about the consequences before just running out and gunning things down, then we hope you'll like our system.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

Love the work and don't take notice of the haters if there r any. Most of those r he same bunch who never actually produce anything themselves for the community.

My final words though, for now, are that if you don't like the system...then just don't play it.

If you don't like our ideals....then don't play it.

+1! My sentiments precisely. I've been looking forward to such things to really bring the medic role to life instead of just walking up and insta-heal like kiddies expect today because of their short attention spans and lack of patience. If some people don't like what you are doing to your mod that you are putting all the time, hard work and stress into--let them just piss off and not use it. Easy as pie. Don't let dried up, bitter know-nothings tell you what to do with your mod or force you to dumb things down. Keep going! I'm probably going to kill a lot of people along the way due to learning, but I'm already excited learning the system and feel more like a medic in the field than a restore/heal point on legs.

The only thing I wish is that the ArmA 2 engine could have handled like limping and the more gory injuries like a missing leg from stepping on an explosive like you see in the VBS 2 video. Hopefully ArmA 3 will at least leave room to allow the community to actually work out such a system to compliment this kind of medical suite to really bring home how traumatic the field can be out there. We're getting there....especially with this really brilliant medic mod you are putting together. :)

What about an option to switch between "quick examination" and "normal examination" time/procedure for each medic / civilian doctor in A2OA? For example: "Quick exam" = faster medical analyse, but a bit more prone to mistakes/oversights and used mainly in battles. "Normal exam" = longer medical analyse, less mistakes/oversights happen and used in safer places.

We don't want to discuss what we have in mind. But to answer the question, we'll have something similar.

Edited by Rye

Im pretty stoked for this!! i've been hoping someone would get a better Medical System in place.

You will definitely like what Glowbal has done recently for the dialog. I'll let him decide when he's ready to release a WIP video. But, it's looking very promising and we hope to make treatment options a little more fluid and appeasing to the eye.

Its looking and sounding like its going to be a really detailed addon/mod.

Its needed in the series for more immersive game-play, I am really looking forward to this...:)

As a lot of people there, I was expecting that such a marvel came out. I am now expecting that the marvel you are working on come out soon ^_^

I was really disapointed by the ACE medical system, that didn't add a lot more to the vanilla system, particularly when you compare it to the medical system implemented in America'sArmy 2 and 3 video game : no choices are offered to the player, no investigation ... Medical Units are crucial and could offer a lot of interesting gameplay and you seems to be decided to offer this gameplay to us (with a nice user interface), so ... Please continue the good work you are actually doing !

Thread subscribed.