Sign in to follow this  
raptor 6 actual

Combat Medical System

So you have V-Fib and Asystole working in game and having an effect or its just a display for the EKG? This is going to be crazy! I can't wait to use some of my real life skills in game. :p

Yes, the plan is to have your injury's be the base for your symptoms, you will then have evaluate those symptoms and then pick the right treatment.

We are also working on a triage system, I hope to have that up and going by this weekend, i'm working on the gui now. While I wait on the other rhythm's to be finished.

a simple idea but have you planed to add a sort of blood loss and quantity ? like dayZ i think it can be really cool and imersive if you see one of your mate just bleed out when he get shot anyway nice progress i really like that and give me alot of ideas !

I agree it will need some type of blood loss sim, but I doubt it will be like dayZ, lol every hit is like cutting your juggler, with a geiser of blood spray.

I think it should be more like the ACE system.

yeah that's true but that was just the idea (i think that's really bad to loose blood each time you get it in dayz) anyway i speak about the quantity like you have 12k of blood and when you get shoot or something like that you loose blood. (maybe critical damage like explosion hit or something like that to simulate a leg blown off)

now working on Asystole.

That hard to draw a line? :yay:

Heh, apparently it is :P. I am doing about six different things at the moment. We're creating addons at the same time because in many instances there aren't any around to ask people for them.

I'm fitting in the Adobe After Effects stuff when and where I can.

I'd like to see if someone out in the community would like to help in addon creating and we're still looking for a few scripters to help with the work load though.

So instead of examination: "He is dead", we're going to have to find that out? ;)

Lol, and make sure you check it in two separate leads. Just kidding. But, I will try and get some screenshots this coming week or two for the huge USNS Mercy hospital ship. It's on my list of things to create for the whole "atmosphere" of it all. It won't have anything to do with the CMS, other than to add some stuff for mission makers. I do plan on having it so that you can walk onto one of the decks, but not much else other than maybe an ER and some places if you want to kit out a full medical team.

Riouken has been away for most of the week, so I'm not sure where the coding stands at this time, but hope to have some of the small addons he's needing done this week so that he can move forward on the TRIAGE system.

Stand fast while we're still working on the mod.

Lol, and make sure you check it in two separate leads. Just kidding. But, I will try and get some screenshots this coming week or two for the huge USNS Mercy hospital ship. It's on my list of things to create for the whole "atmosphere" of it all. It won't have anything to do with the CMS, other than to add some stuff for mission makers. I do plan on having it so that you can walk onto one of the decks, but not much else other than maybe an ER and some places if you want to kit out a full medical team.

Riouken has been away for most of the week, so I'm not sure where the coding stands at this time, but hope to have some of the small addons he's needing done this week so that he can move forward on the TRIAGE system.

Stand fast while we're still working on the mod.

i found a guy on youtube that made some videos on casualty care under fire and a few other things like airway, bleeding, chest traumas, and fractures there is also a vid on casualty assessment it may be a good example fore some animations for,and procedures.

heres a link to the guys channel.

there is also a vid on triage which you mentioned before

physical patient assessment

here is something on triage i noticed you mentioned it in you're last post - (just a thought maybe ad a function so you can add a casualty note/toe tag that others can look at so you dont have to do the whole assessment again.)

iv's

doc86millitary is the name of the guys youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/doc86military/videos

on a side-note you mentioned you had field hospital containers i suggest having an operating table and the possibility to get people in there and then within lets say 10 minutes a team of ai that are in there like in a vehicle that fix up the person that is on the table of-course the building should also include the possibility to be manned by players in both cases people can of-course die on the operating table depending upon severity of the trauma !!

Thx for the links, will look at them tonight. Riouken and I have been busy with RL issues at the moment, but are still toying around with ways to implement different dialog/treatment options.

We'll take a look at the videos and see if they can give us some more ideas or directions to take our mod to the next level.

on a side-note you mentioned you had field hospital containers i suggest having an operating table and the possibility to get people in there and then within lets say 10 minutes a team of ai that are in there like in a vehicle that fix up the person that is on the table of-course the building should also include the possibility to be manned by players in both cases people can of-course die on the operating table depending upon severity of the trauma !!

A mini-game operation! Take out a spleen, no extra cost.

"Do an operation, in an operation, while you operate, while you're operating!"

A mini-game operation! Take out a spleen, no extra cost.

"Do an operation, in an operation, while you operate, while you're operating!"

can be done.

Americas Army team tried to implement it in last stages of AA2 project[before serious funding re-consideration led to semi-cancelled state of AA itself]. try 2 do basical [field]medical course[training] 4 reference :-)

actually some of early "CrysisWars" sucessors/replacement screenshots, leaked month ago, showed something alike too.

I'm having a few small problems getting the bow and stern of the USNS Mercy properly modelled, but then I'll get some early WIP shots of it. I'm also still working on some of the medical items to be used ingame.

Scripting however has come to a halt at the moment. Hopefully, I'll be able to find out more info on that later.

can be done.

Americas Army team tried to implement it in last stages of AA2 project[before serious funding re-consideration led to semi-cancelled state of AA itself]. try 2 do basical [field]medical course[training] 4 reference :-)

actually some of early "CrysisWars" sucessors/replacement screenshots, leaked month ago, showed something alike too.

Pics or it never happened.

Pics or it never happened.

pics of "never happened" or it hever happened.

or google googling it in google.

Hey guys, just wanted to update everyone and inform you all that as of right now, my sole scripter has decided to leave for work and personal reasons. Therefore, until more interest or more willing development people come onboard, only addon work will be performed by myself.

I guess interest in A3 is causing some people to go on "standby" mode until we see what their new medical system is like. I'll still post some WIP if I can get some going soon.

so raptor this means no cms until a3 ??

If anyone is still interested in scripting, I'm more than willing to work on it again. I have no scripting knowledge, and the one guy that did help has RL responsibilities.....and I think I was told that many people would not be interested due to waiting for Arma 3. So....you guys let me know.

i had the same, or similiar, idea back in arma 1. my realism unit played the game a bit different, you had 1 life every mission and if you died you simply had to sit out. we wanted to create a script that allowed for "revive" at base making medevacs important. we wanted to give a wounded player 15 minutes until he bleeds out, once stabilized his timer would receive an additional 15 minutes added. now he would roughly have 20-30 minutes to make it back to base. there he would have to be brought into the aid station and it would take roughly 5 minutes to get patched up. he then was fully healed. we never got far since our main scriptor, like in your situation, up and left. i really hope you can keep this project alive, the realism community would appreciate it, the gun and run quick missions not so much. this on MSO would certainly do great for immersion, and add the civilian interaction module... money maker all the way. dont let this die bud, i know scripting a bit, but not enough to make this or i would jump on this with you.

Sounds very similar to my thoughts. The difference in my idea is that IF the player didn't want to sit there for that long, he could "respawn" and the scripts would still allow a medic to treat what would then become an AI controlled body.

Some of my thoughts on it as well, was to make missions based on a "hearts and minds" type of gameplay that set the civilian population as either "for" or "against" the BLUFOR. If BLUFOR killed civiilans, they would start aligning themselves with OPFOR. But...if BLUFOR could go and treat them, it would bring the civilian population back towards neutral or in favor of the good guys. This serves two purposes...1) it allows teams to utilize the medical side of the simulation, and 2) it gives a whole new perspective going along with Glowbal's Interaction scripts.

Just my thoughts

that sounds great i think it would force those people to think about it whom just call in airstrikes on everything and anyone even if they have no confirmation that they are hostile!

also i am sorry to say i have no scripting knowledge at all maybe if you try putting the word out there again somebody will come and help you

i had the same, or similiar, idea back in arma 1. my realism unit played the game a bit different, you had 1 life every mission and if you died you simply had to sit out. we wanted to create a script that allowed for "revive" at base making medevacs important. we wanted to give a wounded player 15 minutes until he bleeds out, once stabilized his timer would receive an additional 15 minutes added. now he would roughly have 20-30 minutes to make it back to base. there he would have to be brought into the aid station and it would take roughly 5 minutes to get patched up. he then was fully healed. we never got far since our main scriptor, like in your situation, up and left. i really hope you can keep this project alive, the realism community would appreciate it, the gun and run quick missions not so much. this on MSO would certainly do great for immersion, and add the civilian interaction module... money maker all the way. dont let this die bud, i know scripting a bit, but not enough to make this or i would jump on this with you.

That's cool man. If you wanted medevacs to be that important I think you would have to keep the player constantly doing something. For example on ACE - You're hardly ever doing a medeavac. The best you do is bandage, epinephrine, morphine. Just like you're ticking off a checkbox. If you wanted people to do this for a period it takes for a medevac bird to get there you'd have to keep the player constantly doing something, i.e. through a diagnostics system or with new options such aortic compression, abdominal compressions (IAC). Tourniquets, IV, endotrachael tube. A changing patient basically... with changing diagnostics, i.e. stop the source of bleeding, now what?! Cannot find exit wound and still bleeding, now what?! Those medical problems would keep you going. Then you get to the medi-bird, now what? You can't do any medical things in a vehicle... so that's worth looking into. Now you get to the field hospital or MASH tent - what now? See it can get far complex and I don't think it's plausible in ARMA or any game for half of the stuff. It's not like you're going to do an arcadey game-mode of surgery. :p Hahaha.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

pics of "never happened" or it hever happened.

or google googling it in google.

Still cannot find this whatsoever.

P.S. create a skype group on this stuff and get a few scripters on board - could get it done in a few months. I'd test if you needed. ;)

Edited by Rye

@Raptor 6 Actual: i had sent you a PM regarding your inquiry for a scripter, my offer still stands :)