Sign in to follow this  
HarryZhe

amra 2 vs. arma 3 skeleton proportions?

The characters in a3 look like theyre slightly different in proportion to a2. Maybe this is just my eyes playing tricks on me. What i'm wondering is whether a2 character rigs will be portable to a3 directly - will they use the same skeleton?

Or will it be a new one? If it's a new one, when are modders likely to get their hands on that skeleton?

They said during some interview or presentation that ArmA2 anims will be fully included and can be used by mods, that tells me there wont be big changes in skeletons.

They said during some interview or presentation that ArmA2 anims will be fully included and can be used by mods, that tells me there wont be big changes in skeletons.

I am in no way an expert, I just red about the format and mocap basics.

The difference might in fact be in animations, not in "undeformed" mesh.

Fact is you can change body proportions with animations, since they support displacement and in some systems even scaling of bones.

So soldiers may appear for example taller in new animations if the mocap actor was taller, compared to A2 animations.

There are some broken animations in Arma 2 where part of the soldier becomes longer or shorter based on the animation. I don't remember which animation this was, but I recall seeing a few weeks ago a soldier's arm becoming longer or shorter. I think it was an animation having something to do with being wounded. Maybe during the training mission where you practice your first-aid skills?

There are some broken animations in Arma 2 where part of the soldier becomes longer or shorter based on the animation. I don't remember which animation this was, but I recall seeing a few weeks ago a soldier's arm becoming longer or shorter. I think it was an animation having something to do with being wounded. Maybe during the training mission where you practice your first-aid skills?

This?

C3SdRZOspLQ

gotta love the music :) and back to the question: its nearly the same, backwards compatibility in the main moves is preserved

In last years demonstrations the new a3 units still used A2 animations as placeholders. So character dimensions should definitely match A2's.

Something I hope BIS will share with the alpha though is the "naked" character body, so modders can make new separated clothes and gear that will fit properly :) Would be very nice to get started with this before official release, since it's quite a time-consuming job.

Something I hope BIS will share with the alpha though is the "naked" character body, so modders can make new separated clothes and gear that will fit properly :) Would be very nice to get started with this before official release, since it's quite a time-consuming job.

would be great, huh

Individual body parts connected which would give people more power to change the muscle mass of a body or the graphic dismemberment. Some games I have worked with Synchronize the body parts together through an editor and you can tell the game what and how the body part can be used.

would be great, huh

On a side note I have noticed pistol strap glitching trough character leg it was on.

An option to bake weights from one model to another would be neat, otherwise you will get stuff like that.

I don't know how they will solve it.