Sign in to follow this  
BigRed

What is everyone playing in MP now?

I have just reinstall ArmA2/OA and was wondering what everyone is playing so I can get back to the action. I am sure I will be downloading tons but for a start I got all the offical patches.

You want the honest answer?

DayZ.

But there's still us players who play the regular game still. Some servers have ACE and such.

Thanks Binkowski I think I will start with the regular game then I am really old school.

I can't even say DayZ is playing Arma 2 for me. I play it all the time, just to remind me how completely hopeless the human race really is. But when I want to play Arma II? Warfare will never get old, specially with all the work Benny has been putting into BE.

We play Warfare BE running a coupe of mods and ASR AI and also some Day Z, TFOR and Co-op missions.

Tiding us over until A3 :)

Wait wait, saying that only a few servers play regular Arma 2 CO is not true at all! Communities have grown alot due to the huge influx of players, so look around there. As for missions, this is what my unit is playing: Domination, Insurgency, MSO, and some other MSO-like missions.

You may want to try Iron Front for PvP BigRed. However its almost dead again already..

I checked out Iron Front but the WW2 isn't my thing though the tank battling was cool, When I quit playing before I was working on some old school C&H templates that we used to use in leagues such as Wargames, Classic Combat League, and Desert Combat Tournament not sure if anybody is left that remembers any of those but I figure maybe I would finish them and release them to the public for the hell of it. I guess really we are all just trying to kill time waiting for ArmA 3.

I currently play Iron Front, the game without night vision, thermal imaging and guided weapons. Depite some guys calling it dead it has a russian pvp 70 player server online that's near full in the euro evenings.

It's ironic that all these people complain about how dumb the AI is, yet 99.99% of servers are playing coops (or primarily against AI). I miss OFP when PVP was actually accepted by the masses...

Warfare (while no good populated American based servers anymore) doesn't count... It's 90% coop, 10% PVP.

I would suggest joining http://arma-wargames.com

You pick a side the red or blue for easy.

And you will be placed in a certain unit. Ie infantry,airforce,armour......

Then battles are on Sunday. Player vs player.

You will be giving commands by the general on where and what to do etc or from your squad leader's.

I am writing this really quick before i leave for work. If you are interested join the forum and sign up your name. If you want further better info, i will show you the way the game works when you sign up etc.

look for (UCA)Lt-2nd.zikoma

Dynamic Zombie sandbox

Tonics Wasteland

Project Reality

Warefare BE

Wow good to see SWEC is still around and nice server stat link, thanks zyklone!

I added the ability to get rid of all the DayZ servers on http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Should make it a bit easier to figure out what's going on.

With the option enabled searching for a server or a mission gives me an error:

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

With the option enabled searching for a server or a mission gives me an error:

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

Woops, fixed now.

Some roleplay servers, mostly revolution, and realism servers.