Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Two major problems

Hi,

I recently bought a new computer for arma 3 and finally I can play arma 2 aswell (on very high settings and 150 3D resolution!!!).

Now I am working on a campaign on a custom map. Eleven missions in beta stages so far. I have learned a lot about scripting and I've also started to work with cutscenes. The funny thing is: the most simple thing is the hardest one to get right for me: helicopter pickup. I have used google and searched this board for all kinds of solutions. I have used Mr. Murays guide (by far the best one imo) and I have tried all sorts of things and my conclusion is: Every solution that involves a trigger just makes my helicopter to hover over the ground no matter what script I use. I have used both move and load triggers, land ''land'', and land ''pad1'' etcetc... I can't even remember it all..... but every time I use a trigger the heli just hover no matter what.

My second problem is quite simple I think. One of my missions involves protecting a convoy and then destroying a roadblock in order to let the convoy escape. I set my satchel charges, boom, and the convoy starts moving...and suddenly, they open fire at me. Why?

In general, I must say that arma 2 is really a good game even though it gets on my nerves sometimes. As soon as I get money (im broken after my new cp) I'll buy arrowhead.

About problem with roadblock. Wenn you use charges did you destroy maybe some vehicles or kill some soldiers from your faction. If yes after you do this you get many -points to your addratting and then soldiers from your faction will attack you. What was on roadblock maybe empty vehicles from your faction, you will have the same situation then.

Ok, thanks.

So there is no solution for the helicopter problem?

Not really sure what your problem is.

Do you want to chopper to pick up some units?

Put a helipad where you want it to land(use the invisible H if you dont want it to be seen) then give the chopper a "load" waypoint on top of the helipad(double click the waypoint on top of the helipad so they are connected) then give the chopper another waypoint to fly off to.

Then give the units that you want to enter the chopper a "get in" waypoint, then sync(F5?) the "get in" and the "load" waypoint with eachother.