Sign in to follow this  
Bouben

Is AI using hand grenades at all?

I have never seen AI use hand grenades even if close.

How is usage of hand grenades programmed? Under what condition will AI use them?

Thanks

I had two fucked at me last night while playing co-op :p

I had two fucked at me last night while playing co-op :p

Is that a normal friday night in for you?

Is that a normal friday night in for you?

Yeah baby ;)

Many times when I've thought I'd outsmart AI by sneaking, my final sight has been a nade coming my way.

Yes ... AI do use grenades. May depend on mission scripting as well as the level of difficulty you play at.

Guys, allright. Different question.

Does AI use grenades without mods?

And does anyone know how is it programmed? That would be really interesting to know.

Guys, allright. Different question.

Does AI use grenades without mods?

And does anyone know how is it programmed? That would be really interesting to know.

Yes, but will depend on the unit i.e. if they have any and how many. If using SLX they will toss a grenade at you whilst they are laying injured if your not careful. If they find enemy units indside, on the roof etc of buildings they will use grenades very effectively..

They usually do it when you stay in a cover too long and they can't get to you. All of a sudden BOOM.

When I play AIs tend to use grenades when they get the chance. If you are within grenade range, they will throw their frags at you. Especially when you're under cover and the AIs can't get you. I've been in situations where the AI nade spam me and my team one time, luckily they miss me. :D

I would love if they used them more. I yet have to experience being killed by a grenade after 2 years of playing Arma 2. Seriously.

I would love if they used them more. I yet have to experience being killed by a grenade after 2 years of playing Arma 2. Seriously.

I could count on my 2 hands how many times I got killed by grenades, but I do get them thrown at me more often.

Now...wheres that video of me diving on one :p

Oh yes they do (well I play with ACE and ASR_AI but I doubt that these mods change grenade throwing behaviour)

Its always a nice OH SHIT moment when you see a grenade flying your way

I am starting to be jealous. ;)

Its always a nice OH SHIT moment when you see a grenade flying your way

Even worse when you hear the dreaded clunk of one hitting the ground near you..:butbut:

Even worse when you hear the dreaded clunk of one hitting the ground near you..:butbut:

And even worse if you play with ace and you know it´s not going to bounce away like in vanilla^^

And even worse if you play with ace and you know it´s not going to bounce away like in vanilla^^

l034.gif

They use them alot if armed with them, I assume its not a typical weapon they carry. In the editor, add grenades to the tangos and they all throw them.

check 6

They did in Goldeneye 007 64 (greats moments) so they do in arma, but you have to be annoying to get a grenade ie staying behind cover for some time.

They definitely use them. I think they are programmed to throw em when they know your exact position but can't shoot you, and they are 30 metres away or so. When you duck down behind one of those low stone walls close by them I find quite alot of grenades get lobbed at you. The ai are terrible shots with them though. And I don't see them using it in urban close combat much were it would really be effective. I did see an ai lob a grenade over a compound wall however and then enter and clear the compound. Don't know if the grenade actually did anything, but it looked cool.

Do ai run from grenades?