Sign in to follow this  
Oslomadon

How to restart a training exercise

I am very new to this game, and have begun the basic training.

I speak with the Marksman Trainer and he tells me to load a clip and take a few shots, and then we will begin.

So I load a clip from the ammo box, and take some shots, but then nothing happens.

There seems to be no way to interact with the Computer Controlled Players.

How can I restart a single objective without restarting the entire basic training session?

There's no way to reset an objecting without restarting the mission. That said, I don't think you need to restart--in order to begin your marksman test, you must fire off an entire magazine first. It doesn't matter if you hit any targets. So, when he says "fire off a few shots," he really means "blow that whole mag, then we'll start the test with a new one" (which it magically adds to your inventory after you empty the first mag). I completed the objectives in order for that mission, saving right before the final objective. I recommend doing this, or if you aren't yet comfortable with anti-tank weapons, saving right before the second-to-last objective. Actually, however, there's that old semi-cheat about deleting the savegame file so that you can make a new save, so you really can have unlimited saves if you don't mind alt-tabbing out every time.