Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

How to Simulate Vehicle's Waypoint? Suggest an idea for SP Large War beyond CTI, :D

Hello friends:

Units, especially land vehicles, will calculate best path to move. My question is how does this is achieved, is there a code or function to do this? I want to simulate the movement of troops with markers (without real units).

I want to simulate units with markers, and then deploy units when it is closed to players. In doing so, it is possible to simulate a crazy war on whole map with limited resource of computer. I think the current CTI is cool, but dominate whole maps with soldiers less than 200 seems very strange, and I also see the discussion about how to steal a city with single player, that's aweful. So I think whether it is possible to replace those real units with markers, and that will make great mission. When it comes to technique, although it will be complex to create those code, the achievement is not hard. And the only problem I don't know now is the simulate the movement of vehicles.

Of course, this is only an idea, I don't think I have time to edit it now, and I hope those mission makers may see this and create good mission.

Thanks

Would be epic if it was done. I suppose the roads command would work (starting point, find nearest road, stay on that road to destination).

Would be epic if it was done. I suppose the roads command would work (starting point, find nearest road, stay on that road to destination).

But a question is, situlation is quite complex.

Sometimes the vehicles use the road, and sometime they don't, for road is not the quick way.

And, the virtual vehicles also need to avoid hills and forest...

So I really want to know how those units calculates their waypoints....

If you de-pbo modules.pbo from "common" folder, you can see inside "DynRoute" folder containing two sqf files. Perhaps these will be helpful somehow, still not sure if there you can find anything about how vehicle determines, when use roads, and when not (this is dependent on set behavior BTW), rather how vehicle may plan its route from A to B using road net. Not sure, not studied this yet.

the pathing is in C++ code i believe, not in sqf. However if you look into Reubes functions, he does have a road search function (which returns the shortest path on a road from A to B) as well as many other advanced calculations for pathing.