Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Sweatist us cities!

Report Names 'Sweatiest' U.S. City

Fri Jun 21,10:20 AM ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Every year there's a new one: Most livable U.S. city, friendliest city, town with the best manners. Now comes the first annual sweatiest city award.

Top honors go to San Antonio, Texas.

On a typical summer day, San Antonio residents lose more than 1 liter of perspiration per hour during exercise such as walking, the announcement said.

Dallas-Ft. Worth, New Orleans, Houston and West Palm Beach, Florida, fleshed out the top five sweatiest cities.

The list was released on Thursday by Procter & Gamble's Old Spice Red Zone deodorant, apparently in a sweat to produce some first-day-of-summer publicity.

It was based, the announcement said, on the average high temperature and humidity during June, July and August in the 50 cities reviewed. Based on this the company estimated the sweat produced by walking one hour each day.

"Although some view sweat as embarrassing, it is necessary to keep the body cool," said Mark Davis, described as a perspiration expert for Old Spice, which said it is sending the mayor of San Antonio a case of its Red Zone.

The five least sweaty cities were in order: Barrow, Alaska, San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego and Los Angeles.

Geez...3 of the top five are in Texas sad.gif

Hell I probably stink right now...wonder why Austin or that hell hole Laredo weren't listed....

lol u havent been to manchester yet biggrin.gif

puts on flackjacket

Thats pretty nasty. Who sweats the most. Id hate to be one of the guys that had to do all the reasearch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ June 21 2002,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol   u havent been to manchester yet  biggrin.gif

puts on flackjacket<span id='postcolor'>

lol yeh, i know what u mean lol * moss side...not the friendliest place on earth * confused.gifsad.gif

Oh wow...never even seen that!

I usually get my stuff from the Drudge Report or Yahoo Offbeat News...sometimes actual news places.

But now with this I will be able to double or even TRIPLE my posts! biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 21 2002,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Los Angeles is one of the least sweaty cities ?  Are you sure ?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't make the news...I just report it!

what most ppl don't know about Los Angeles and its vicinity is that our humidity is quite low.

around costal area and 40km in to the land, humidity is not an issue except once in awhile, and tempertaures seldom pass over 90 farhrenheit(28 celcius). again, little humidity helps here.

once you enjoy LA climate, it's hard to go back....sooo nice... biggrin.gif

Houston and (surprisingly) San Antonio have killer humidity and thats what makes it so sucky....90-95% humidty with 100-110 degree temps in the summer SUCKS....

The sweat doesn't run...it justs SITS there because of the humidity...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">once you enjoy LA climate, it's hard to go back....sooo nice... <span id='postcolor'>

The hell it is.. Every morning you wake up to a dense carbon monoxide fog. Those mountains that surround you keep everything trapped.

L.A. is overrated in my opinion. If it weren't for Hollywood and Beverly Hills you guys would not even be worthy of a conversation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 21 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">once you enjoy LA climate, it's hard to go back....sooo nice... <span id='postcolor'>

The hell it is.. Every morning you wake up to a dense carbon monoxide fog.  Those mountains that surround you keep everything trapped.

L.A. is overrated in my opinion.  If it weren't for Hollywood and Beverly Hills you guys would not even be worthy of a conversation.<span id='postcolor'>

well, i see you are having a bad day.. smile.gif

when it comes to LA, there are more than boobs and BH. biggrin.gif

I was in LA for a few days some years back. I must say that I really liked the climate and the beaches. San Francisco is also very nice smile.gif

I didn't like LA at all during my visit. San Diego on the other hand...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ June 21 2002,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't like LA at all during my visit.  San Diego on the other hand...<span id='postcolor'>

San Diego is a great place too. Sea World, Marines are there, just a few moment away from Mexico....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 21 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just a few moment away from Mexico....<span id='postcolor'>

Reminds me of a saying I heard somewhere.

If it ain't legal to do it in the U.S., do it in Mexico. It's the American way.

LA is a nice city. I really like the beaches and all those interesting buildings. smile.gif

I don't like NY. NY doesn't look as clean as La and other cities in California. You'll find lots of old and ugly buildings in NY. I won't say that u can't find them in LA though. NY is just uglier. tounge.gif

not to mention L.A. also has the highest crime rate. funny i would have thought that L.A. would have been the most unclean city, not N.Y.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ June 22 2002,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not to mention L.A. also has the highest crime rate. funny i would have thought that L.A. would have been the most unclean city, not N.Y.<span id='postcolor'>

Who cares about crimes?. Police has nicer offices in La, so they feel better biggrin.giftounge.gif

JK. tounge.gif

i love los angelos and san francisco. I hope to go to college out there some where. And then ill move to long beach of course. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ June 22 2002,04:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i love los angelos and san francisco. I hope to go to college out there some where. And then ill move to long beach of course. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no, not long beach.....

when LA river(more likely a sewage) drains water out to sea, they ususallt end up near it, cuasing bacterial infestation. You wanna try Santa Monica.

for colleges near LA, there is UCLA, USC, CSULA, CSULB.