Sign in to follow this  
Joey129

Llow FPS on Arma 2+OA when my system should be getting much more

Hi guys,

I've noticed in Arma 2 and OA that I'm only getting around 20-25FPS in the vanilla campaigns. I dont understand it, the settings are set at an overall level of high with both the interface and 3d resolution at 1920x1080. My system should be able to pump out much higher frames. I've tried lowering the graphics settings to Normal overall but yet it remains in the 20-24FPS region. The game sometimes dips to 18 every now and then. What I dont get is a friend of mine can run his on normal overall settings at 60fps and his system isn't as good as mine.:confused: I have the latest GPU drivers, latest BIOS, latest chipset drivers. I've heard that Arma 2 doesn't full utilise quad cores or higher? Is that true? Everything is up to date so if anyone could help me improve my FPS or explain to me why its so low, I'd be grateful.

Specs;

AMD FX-4100 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz (Not OC'd)

NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti (Factory OC'd to 830MHz)

ASUS M5A97 PRO

320GB Samsung SpinPoint HDD

8GB Corsair XMS3 RAM

Thanks.

Edited by Joey129
Typo

Joey: welcome to the community. I can confirm that OA uses 4 cores, but necessarily fully.

However theover the years the community has discovered a few tweaks that help getting the game running smoothly:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

Let us know how you get on...