Sign in to follow this  
Mr Butlertron

US Army ditches digital camo scheme. Will Arma 3 follow suit?

Sadly, the afghanistan mountains aren't covered in fugly sofas.

People underestimate UCP because they always see it up close before all the colors can blend into each other and what not. UCP fairly decent at range.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/US%20Army%20-%203/80288714.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/US%20Army%20-%203/5b886dd2.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/US%20Army%20-%203/ee284a31.jpg

The onyl problem hereby simply is that the human eye does not perceive colors like a CCD chip...a lot of cammies look good on photos...Multicam is also one of them. The probles lies deeper since even games try to copy a CCD video look not a natural look. Unfortunately ArmA 2 is one of this games.

I rather liked the UCP-Delta pattern that was trailed by some units.

After all there must be some reason the Iranians aren't particularly frightened of western air power.

Don't mistake Iranian bravado for their actual air defense capabilities.

I rather liked the UCP-Delta pattern that was trailed by some units.

How could you like that UCP-Delta pattern? It looks like crap to me (feces crap).

I like Multicam. I'd prefer that they either go with Multicam, or that they develop a UCP with Multicam colors, IF the US Army really wants digital. Thing about digital small pixel-based patterns, the pattern tends to be less distinguishable over larger distances, where as foliage-based patterns (traditional, like woodland, tri-color desert, multicam) tend to be more recognizable because the individual parts of the pattern itself are larger than the pixels on digital camo patterns.

Edited by antoineflemming

UCP Fades into the fog pretty good

Grey is probably one of the hardest things for our eyes to detect, and our eyes detect color. Therefore, this might be the best offer for the military anyways...

How could you like that UCP-Delta pattern? It looks like crap to me (feces crap).

It doesn't look THAT bad.

20260_1351357429396_1395205479_30986179_904766_n_wowi99.jpg?type=w3

ucp-d-afghanistan2.jpg

Simple, navy blue blank camo... it suits cool and warm temperatures. Its good for day and night, and it isn't too hot. Secondly, it looks darker in warm air or lack of light and it also can blend in with green well. Secondly, most Taliban engagements are at distances where haze becomes affective. Light blue distorts their vision quite well :)

For instance... try spotting a Navy Blue infantry on a picture like this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/navyweek/6271006027/

There could be a whole navy blue division in those mountains!

Still, why not just slap sand or branches and leaves all over for a makeshift ghillie suit? Much cheaper, and probably more effective.

On a more serious note... I guess we can just keep digital till we can find out what that special US Army camo they're coming out with is.

There could be a whole navy blue division in those mountains!

Still, why not just slap sand or branches and leaves all over for a makeshift ghillie suit? Much cheaper, and probably more effective.

On a more serious note... I guess we can just keep digital till we can find out what that special US Army camo they're coming out with is.

hopefully US4CES or whatever crye precision comes out with

because the other 2 patterns are disgusting