Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Six

Phantom Mission Packs

I know that those balancing things are the hardest part in mission design.

From what I saw, these few things might be helpful to improve this wonderful mission:

- Place a trigger around Sobor region detecting the players presence and then let the reinforcements in Rugovo start their attack. This gives the player team the extra time they need to go from Vyshny Castle to the Vyshnoye (check if everything is ok, collecting gear etc.) and go to the target zone. I like to scout a lot before deciding to attack, especially in a mission like yours.

- Let the attack group stop in the outskirts of stary sobor and fire at the troops in town until they are decimated to around 30% or use a radio trigger for the player (just like the IED Call), then proceed to inner town. The mission description says the player characters are some higher rank NAPA fighters. So they might have some control over the ongoing attack? Just as a suggestion. :)

I hope this helps. Please don't misunderstand. Your missions are damn good. But everywhere is room for improvement. :)

In that case, I'm thinking I'll make them go near the city but not strike until you hit on the radio "reinforcement proceed". Sounds good?

Yep, something like this.

Looking forward to play your new missions in 1.4. :)

A2F Pack updated to 1.31

ACE Pack updated to 1.41

Just a minor addition to Vyshie coverfire (hopefully you'll like this one Soldia, tell me how you think of it :D and how it goes)

NAPA reinforcements will now proceed after Vyshnoye is clear but then they will wait until you radio them in instead of rush in and clear everything.

Hey Phantom, many thx for your mission packs! Been playing yesterday half night with a buddy, your ACE pack mission, we did enjoy your missions pretty much! Especially the Vyshnoe Coverfire mission, it reminded us on good old OFP Resistance, so much action, nice guerilla battle atmosphere! Pls make some more in that kind missions, would be much appreciated. :)

No problem, once I find time probably, depends on what ideas pop up in my head xD . I'm glad you enjoy them.

A2F Pack updated to 1.31

ACE Pack updated to 1.41

Just a minor addition to Vyshie coverfire (hopefully you'll like this one Soldia, tell me how you think of it :D and how it goes)

NAPA reinforcements will now proceed after Vyshnoye is clear but then they will wait until you radio them in instead of rush in and clear everything.

That is wonderful :) The hold position is perfect and the player is in control of the attack. Thx :)

Updated Custom Pack & Custom ACE Pack to version 1.2

3 new missions for Namalsk on each of them.

Good man Phantom! Missions for Namalsk are long awaited for, and the descriptions look good.

Now I need to find at least two more and we can add Namalsk to our CiA Friday Night Special addon list.

Edited by Variable

Custom Pack and Custom ACE Pack updated to 1.3

Added 2 new missions for Namalsk. Fight of the Mill and Fight of the Mill 2. One is a 2 player version and the other is a 10 player version and enemies come from 2 areas instead of just 1.

Like in Vyshie Coverfire, you hold off waves of incoming enemies then you take out the army base but you got no reinforcement on this one.

Looks like I forgot to add a few group/side respawns to a few missions. I fixed it now and I also released 2 new missions for Namalsk.

A2F Pack Updated to 1.32

Black Mountain Crisis now have side respawn and MVD Police Lumber Mill group respawn changed to side respawn

Combined Ops Pack Updated to 1.31

Baby Bird now have group respawn for 4 player version and side respawn for 31 player version

ACE Pack Updated to 1.42

-Black Mountain Crisis now have side respawn and MVD Police Lumber Mill group respawn changed to side respawn

-Baby Bird now have group respawn for 4 player version and side respawn for 31 player version

Custom Pack Updated

-Added group and side respawn to almost all missions

-Added 2 new missions (brensk tram sweep & steal the chopper)

Custom ACE Pack Updated

-Added group and side respawn to almost all missions

-Added 2 new missions (brensk tram sweep & steal the chopper)

Updated on the CiA server. Phantom, can you provide some description for your new missions?

I thought I always put the description in the front page inside the spoiler but Tram Sweep is just a simple cleansweep at the trainstation and Steal the chopper you must enter one of the army base (forgot the name but its to the east of the Southern Army Base), find some keys that will spawn in a random spot (marker will tell you where it is), then you got to steal a helicopter and fly away.

I couldn't play the mission "ACE CO 10 Whorehouse Invasion".

Because many AIs around the base causing low FPS.

Please reduce them.

Edited by strpeer
"in the base" --> "around the base"

hmm, I reduced them by removing the save the girls and it seems to work a bit alright for me but if I have to reduce more than I shall do so. The non-ACE version seems to not have low FPS even with that much AI. I'll get to it once I find some time.

I couldn't play the mission "ACE CO 10 Whorehouse Invasion".

Because many AIs around the base causing low FPS.

Please reduce them.

UPDATED Custom Pack and Custom ACE Pack to 1.41

I added a parameter that reduce the amount of AI in the base in Whorehouse Invasion, you can always set it back to the laggy default if your computer can handle it but most likely everyone should keep it at default to trim down the AI to their interest. If it still lags in the beginning a bit, just wait it out a bit until the AI is deleted, should be good in a couple seconds, if not then, I guess I'll have to delete more but this should be good to me.

a long awaited update! thanks Phantom. will update shortly on the CiA server.

will upload these to the grinder server asap. I hope to run through these later today!

UPDATED ACE mission pack to 1.5 and A2F Mission Pack to 1.4

Added 1 new mission: Carrier Corruption (4 player coop).

UPDATED Custom Pack and Custom ACE Pack to 1.41

I added a parameter that reduce the amount of AI in the base in Whorehouse Invasion, you can always set it back to the laggy default if your computer can handle it but most likely everyone should keep it at default to trim down the AI to their interest. If it still lags in the beginning a bit, just wait it out a bit until the AI is deleted, should be good in a couple seconds, if not then, I guess I'll have to delete more but this should be good to me.

The new mission in ACE mission pack looks interesting:cool:

I noticed that "ACE" is missing from briefingName.

Oops I made a typo. I was in a hurry to get to bed, I'll fix that when I get home.

Alright, I retested the ACE version really quick, because ACE AIs are much smarter than vanilla... it is currently impossible right now on ACE version carrier corruption. Vanilla version is fine because AI won't turn around and instant headshot you in the face if you make a quick dash to the walls. I haven't tried with ASR AI yet so I wouldn't know how it goes with ASR AI. I'll fix it later when I have time.

Just tested vanilla version with ASR AI. They'll shoot at you when you start going up to the top of the carrier now, but I got lucky and only took one bullet and manage to sprint to the wall and hug it without dying. ACE.... I was dead on the spot.

I tried going the far end to the wall and manage to survive that, I could be lucky though, but opening the door the AI quickly headshot me, in vanilla they'd miss.

Edited by Phantom Six

UPDATE: ARMA 2 Free Pack Version 1.41

-changed start location for Carrier Corruption

ACE Pack Version 1.51

-changed start location for Carrier Corruption

-added ACE prefix in briefing name

-added gasmask, white phosphorus, flashbangs, incendiary grenades, tear gas

Don't forget to kill guys under the carrier as well, though there's only 2 guys.

I tried the new mission with friends a few hours ago.

But we could't get in the chopper after seizing the carrier and getting the key.:eek:

Hmm, did you kill the general and use the add action to get the keys? I swore it works last time I tested it :O

On the top room inside the carrier, there should be 2 pilots and a general. Kill the general (and of course kill the pilot because you don't want them shooting you) then approach the general's dead body and use your mouse wheel to scroll through the menu and pick up the keys from there, the helicopters should be unlocked after that.