Sign in to follow this  
Mitriu

Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine

Hi all.

I bought ArmA2:OA few days ago. Game works without any problems, but since I installed Patch 1.60 I can't even run the game. I just got this:

"Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine"

I can't find what's wrong... tried everything. Re-installing the game, GPU Drivers, DirectX and still got this error... and only on 1.60 patch.

Any tips? Still can't find solution for this...

My PC:

Win7 64bit

i5 2500k

8Gb ram 1600mhz

AMD Radeon 7870 2GB

Game runs fine if launched from Six Launcher to playing DayZ mod. ArmA2:OA without mods doesn't work. What the heck?

Edited by Mitriu

How do you start the game? What commandline parameters are you using?

After the installation, you should have a shortcut icon on your desktop - try to use it to run the game.

If nothing works, create a new shortcut icon to start the game as "Arma 2: Combined Operations":

Target: "D:\Arma 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

(your path is probably different, especially if you are not using the beta. And do not forget to put it in including those double quotes, especially if your installation path contains spaces)

Start in: "D:\Arma 2"

(this must be the path where you installed Operation Arrowhead, not the beta folder!)

I'm having this same issue. I'm launching through steam trying to run Operation Arrowhead, I'm not using any launch options.

Every time I try to launch Operation Arrowhead I get the "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine", and when I try to launch Combined Operations, it doesn't even attempt to load (no errors or anything). I do have DayZ installed and use the Six Launcher which works fine and will launch the mod, but running the game stand-alone does not work at all.

I'm running:

Windows 7 64bit

Intel i7 950

6GB RAM

nVidia Geforce 480

I really hope there is a good solution to this that doesn't involve uninstalling dayz. :(