Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPWC AI suppression system

Already have dropbox, might look into that. As I've already stated N times, the idea is to get the releases onto Armaholic etc. Since no-one has complained about 3.03 being broken, I will frontpage it and let Foxhound know.

Aye definately use Armaholic, but for test releases dropbox is the easiest by far.

Ah, you're going to hate me, but...3.03's broken.

I think it's bdetect, though. Some vehicle guns are incapable of suppressing fire - namely, any guns that do not fire from turrets, anything operated directly by a pilot. Thus, for instance, the AH-64's M230 suppresses just fine, the UH-60's M134s suppress just fine, but the AH-6J's M134s do not and the A-10's GAU8 does not.

If it's any consolation, the change in post 770 appears to work perfectly.

Is it just me, but in every single script release I have to comment out addCamShake. This is after a full re-install and re-patch to main 1.62

Once that is commented out it the scripts work fine.

Ah, you're going to hate me, but...3.03's broken.

I think it's bdetect, though. Some vehicle guns are incapable of suppressing fire - namely, any guns that do not fire from turrets, anything operated directly by a pilot. Thus, for instance, the AH-64's M230 suppresses just fine, the UH-60's M134s suppress just fine, but the AH-6J's M134s do not and the A-10's GAU8 does not.

If it's any consolation, the change in post 770 appears to work perfectly.

I can second this. AH6J has no suppression effect at all with the guns or rockets.

I think the problem is in line 167 of bdetect073.sqf:

&& ( assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 == "Turret" ) then {

...but I don't know enough about turrets and vehicle roles to suggest a fix.

count turrets? And if result = 0 and the vehicle has weapons then treat driver as gunner?

I think the problem is in line 167 of bdetect073.sqf:

&& ( assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 == "Turret" ) then {

...but I don't know enough about turrets and vehicle roles to suggest a fix.

I modified that code and it seems to work properly:

&& ((( assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 == "Turret")
|| ((( assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 == "Driver") && (count (_vehicle weaponsTurret [-1]) > 0)))
) then {

I can second that - vehicle guns suppress very well now. Heh. 'Littlebird' plays much differently with that change.

I modified that code and it seems to work properly:

&& ((( assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 == "Turret")
|| ((( assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 == "Driver") && (count (_vehicle weaponsTurret [-1]) > 0)))
) then {

Nice find.

Probably we can just simplify the whole IF statement for vehicles EH to:

if( !( isNull _vehicle ) && isNil { _vehicle getVariable "bdetect_fired_eh" }  then { ... };

Can anybody check whether it would suffice?

fabrizio: It appears to work, at least with the addition of a ) before then to close the if statement. Tested with M16 on foot, AH6J's M134, AH64's M230, and M1A1's M2 and M240.

Is it just me, but in every single script release I have to comment out addCamShake. This is after a full re-install and re-patch to main 1.62

Once that is commented out it the scripts work fine.

Can't say I've ever had that issue myself.. and I've been tinkering since v1.01

^^ I wonder what is wrong with my system then that it doesn't like addCamShake?

^^ I wonder what is wrong with my system then that it doesn't like addCamShake?

Don't know if this is causing issues for you and not for others, but there's a minor bug in tpwcas_mainloop.sqf in the "if unit kneeled" section:

if ((isplayer [color="#FF0000"]unit[/color]) && (tpwcas_playershake == 1)) then 

should be:

if ((isplayer [color="#008000"]_unit[/color]) && (tpwcas_playershake == 1)) then 

fabrizio: It appears to work, at least with the addition of a ) before then to close the if statement. Tested with M16 on foot, AH6J's M134, AH64's M230, and M1A1's M2 and M240.

Thank you. I'll patch this into bDetect v0.74 BETA.

Hi guys (and any gals of course). Here's an update incorporating Fabrizio's bDetect vehicle fix, and my suppression randomisation. And for all teh haterz, notice that it's now on dropbox :)

TPWCAS 3.04: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/481663/TPWC_AI_SUPPRESS_304.zip

Changelog:

• Fixed player shake under sporadic enemy fire
  • Added some randomisation so that units aren't suppressed by exactly the number of bullets specified in the shot threshold
  • bDetect vehicle fixes
  • bDetect 0.74

Please use it and let me know if there are no obvious bugs, and I will frontpage (firstpost) it.

Why on earth doesnt BIS use the AI from these mods on a vanilla patch?

Thanks again, tpw. -Coulum-, Fabrizio_T, Ollem et al. I can no onger contemplate playing without this.

Well it seems that 3.04 is working perfectly on a local host (I can see the numbers change below the troops and them changing stance). Is there a way to 'see' the numbers on a dedi server? I can see the lovely coloured balls :)

Edit: on a really positive note ... running with 300-400AI and no problems at all.

Edited by Kremator

Thanks again, tpw. -Coulum-, Fabrizio_T, Ollem et al. I can no onger contemplate playing without this.

Same here! It really is a must-have addition and big cheers to all the collaborators :cheers: