tpw

TPWC AI suppression system

Units don't crouch if already prone:

if ((_unit call CBA_fnc_getunitanim) select 0 != "prone") then  
					{ 
					_unit setunitpos "middle";     
					}; 
				};

I wonder if CBA_fnc_getunitanim is not working properly?

The issue is the AI units didn't even go crouched..

E.g. shooting near some standing friendly AI popped up some nice green debug balls but no crouching nor prone..

Same for enemy AI: nice red balls and yellow balls but that's it, they just stand tall until they notice you and regular AI behaviour kicks in.

Might be a long shot but some 9 days ago, a new Linux server version has been released:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137098-ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Linux-Server-beta-1-60-94743

fix list includes:

* code sync with win platform

* changes and tweaks from windows branch including for netcode

* this version brings linux in sync with actual windows server improvements and ai/mp fixes ...

So perhaps this may solve the issue? To be confirmed..

we don't put beta on server but if you need some tests on linux server, i maybe help you.

First I want to thank everyone who made this mod. Great job!

I am using the CWR2 mod with TPWC Sup & Los plus ASR AI. The own AI react like they should and the bubble appears etc. when under constant fire. But I cannot see any bubbles over enemy's head and it looks like they do not go prone when under constant fire. Is it possible that there is an issue where the mod works with own AI but not with enemy AI?

I am using the CWR2 mod with TPWC Sup & Los plus ASR AI. The own AI react like they should and the bubble appears etc. when under constant fire. But I cannot see any bubbles over enemy's head and it looks like they do not go prone when under constant fire. Is it possible that there is an issue where the mod works with own AI but not with enemy AI?

Thanks for the report Zellfisch.

Are you playing SP, MP or on a dedi? Addon or script? In my experience with SP the mod works for all units on a map, or none of them (usually due to a misconfiguration or lack of CBA). I don't play MP so can't comment on that.

Also are you running the lastest beta of ASR_AI? (can't remember version ATM)

We did an OP today with 26 players using the suppression script. No lag issues, worked like a charm! Awesome :)

Hello, has grown tired of losing my AI, so thought I would give this a go :) Has been through the thread and am not quite clear on how ASR and LOS are required. ASR seems to be undergoing largish changes for the time being, so for a "full" install of the three, is there a stable, TPWC-compatible ASR version that you could recommend?

Are all the installs below meaningful and are some more to be preferred?

TPWC

TPWC+LOS

TPWC+LOS+ASR

TPWC+ASR

Will the mod ordering sequence for the three in the -mod statement matter ?

Appreciate any clarification, cheers

OP

Thanks for the report Zellfisch.

Are you playing SP, MP or on a dedi? Addon or script? In my experience with SP the mod works for all units on a map, or none of them (usually due to a misconfiguration or lack of CBA). I don't play MP so can't comment on that.

Also are you running the lastest beta of ASR_AI? (can't remember version ATM)

I'm on a dedi and I'm using TPWC+LOS and asr_ai-1.15.3_test5.zip as mentioned in this thread earlier. TPWC+LOS and ASR are used as addons. My only concern is that I cannot see the enemy's bubbles. Just want to make sure, that TPWC has effect on enemy too, since my team's AI does work. The suppression effect on players is working very good as well. No issues what so ever.

Edit: There is a new version of ASR (asr_ai-1.16_beta1.zip). Does anyone have any experiences with TPWC yet?

Edited by Zellfisch

Are all the installs below meaningful and are some more to be preferred?

TPWC

TPWC+LOS

TPWC+LOS+ASR

TPWC+ASR

Yep all of those should be compatible to my knowledge. As for order, I don't really think it matters in thise case, but I personally would Go: LOS>>ASR>>TPWC. But They all deal with relatively different things so There probably is no reason to be worried about order.

And none of these mods are dependant on one another but they do compliment each other very well and have been designed to "click" well.

As for the best version of ASR, I am not totally sure but 1.15.3 was working fine for me.

Question - is the LOS addon MP compatible?

Thanks Coulum, I was using COSLX up till now and seems that my men are not using cover sufficiently well. I'll give this a shot

-OP

I'm using asr_ai 1.16 beta1, seems fine. In any event, using that will assist Robalo if you encounter any bugs & report them in the asr_ai thread.

Hi all. Here's a few glib answers to the above questions:

TPWCAS enables units to hit the deck under fire.

TPWLOS enables units to react to and fire upon close visible enemies

ASR_AI enables all sorts of brilliant AI enhancement

You can use any or all of them, none depends on the other, and none should get in each others way. Mod order is unimportant

TPWCAS does work best with ASR_AI 1.15.1 or greater, with the introduction of a few variables to help TPWCAS to use ASR skills rather than defaults.

I've no idea if TPWLOS works in MP or dedi. If it doesn't, we can always unleash the awesome MP coding skillz of Ollem!*

* Provided he wants to...

I'm using them all on my dedi server. Everything working well on this end.

What about suppression in PvP? Does it work well for everyone in the mission?

Thx for the answers so far. I was more or less referring to the video I have seen, where you were able to see the enemy's bubble in debug mode. That's something I still cannot see - just in my own squad. Suppression on enemy units seems to work though.

@metalcraze: suppression effect works for all players (tested with 5) vs. AI at least.

Hello,

I have been using this mod since the day Zonekiller pointed it out to me, in another thread. I LOVE IT!!

One thing i have noticed that disappeared, that I would like to see brought back ... is the parameter, for how close a bullet has to be, to cause suppression.. outside of that i have nothing but a killer time with this mod

Edited by Lordprimate

Please make sure you run TPWCAS (+ prerquisite CBA) on both the dedicated server as well as all player systems. Then it should work. If not please let me know.

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

We did an OP today with 26 players using the suppression script. No lag issues, worked like a charm! Awesome :)

Great!

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

I've no idea if TPWLOS works in MP or dedi. If it doesn't, we can always unleash the awesome MP coding skillz of Ollem!*

* Provided he wants to...

I will :D

Hello,

I have been using this mod since the day Zonekiller pointed it out to me, in another thread. I LOVE IT!!

One thing i have noticed that disappeared, that I would like to see brought back ... is the parameter, for how close a bullet has to be, to cause suppression.. outside of that i have nothing but a killer time with this mod

I think you are referring to the variable bdetect_bullet_max_proximity in bdetect, The default is 10m. You could try adding a line to the TPWC AIS config

bdetect_bullet_max_proximity = [i](whatever distance you want)[/i]

& see what happens.

Now waiting for better coders than I (not difficult!) to shoot me down in flames...

I think you are referring to the variable bdetect_bullet_max_proximity in bdetect, The default is 10m. You could try adding a line to the TPWC AIS config

bdetect_bullet_max_proximity = [i](whatever distance you want)[/i]

& see what happens.

Now waiting for better coders than I (not difficult!) to shoot me down in flames...

Thanks Orc. Adding that in the hpp won't work. LordPrimate, if you are running the script version, you could try editing tpwcas.sqf and adding it in there.

The thing is, 10m is not some arbitrary figure we just pulled out of a hat. bdetect_bullet_max_proximity of much less than 10m makes bullet detection very unreliable, since a bullet usually travels 10m or more per frame. And much more than 10m looks pretty unrealistic since units react to fire that's barely even directed at them.

Suggestion: decrease reaction speed based on unit skill level in LOS addon

Right now I'm under impression that takistani militia is just as good in CQB with skill at ~0.1 as Delta Force at ~1.0. Especially based on AI squad vs. AI squad battle outcomes.

@tpw: Orc lies smouldering on the carpet...

@metalcraze: interesting observation. I upgraded more-or-less simultaneously to 1.62 official and asr_ai v1.16beta2; and find I am getting hit by Chedaki or Takiban with dismaying accuracy & speed at distances much below 100m or so (I usually don't even get a chance to spot units nearer than that, I'm dead too quickly; this is on vegetated islands like Podagorsk & Lingor, not deserts).

I had initially ascribed that to Robalo increasing the aiming speed in the latest beta. Maybe as in an earlier incarnation, the combination might need some tuning. Synergy between TPWC AIS, asr_ai, & who-knows-what changes in 1.62 seem to be making short-range encounters (or rather, me) very short-lived.

Hi guys

All TPWLOS does is make AI turn towards and fire at a visible enemy they have line of sight to. It has no effect on how accurate they are once they start shooting. The only thing I can think of is to put a delay between getting LOS and turning & firing, and make the delay dependent upon skill. Whaddyareckon?

Sorry Orc, I wasn't trying to be a wanker! Variables set in the hpp have to be deliberately processed into usable form, that's all.

Thanks Orc. Adding that in the hpp won't work. LordPrimate, if you are running the script version, you could try editing tpwcas.sqf and adding it in there.

The thing is, 10m is not some arbitrary figure we just pulled out of a hat. bdetect_bullet_max_proximity of much less than 10m makes bullet detection very unreliable, since a bullet usually travels 10m or more per frame. And much more than 10m looks pretty unrealistic since units react to fire that's barely even directed at them.

ok , thanks for the intel I completely understand. I had tried 6-8m and liked the results .. and then i DL'd the latest version and it was gone.. Not a biggy!! At all.. With that explanation, I withdraw my previous question, and insert a praise!! I cant wait till the next update if there is one!

Hi guys

All TPWLOS does is make AI turn towards and fire at a visible enemy they have line of sight to. It has no effect on how accurate they are once they start shooting. The only thing I can think of is to put a delay between getting LOS and turning & firing, and make the delay dependent upon skill. Whaddyareckon?

Yeah as I've said it's the reaction time that is the problem with LOS, not accuracy.

Delay should be slightly random though, within some margin to make it more varied for each attack.

I tried this mod yesterday. Love it. great improvement to the AI.

Do I need to disable the mod if I join a server that's not running the mod?