Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPWC AI suppression system

... and congrats to all who are involved in this very smart project!

I´ve testet the script TPWCAS v3.01 in conjunction with the TPW_LOS v1.02 in my mission - the game turns into a realism that nobody has seen before, i guess...:cool:

You now have the ability to use it in a tactic way...and the KI reacts propper...it´s unbelievable - the mission changes into a new experience.

Thanks to all mates, who are involved to bring it out!!!

I concur. In SP this possibly the best improvement to gameplay since ASR, SLX and Zeus before it.

As for MP, my clan will be testing in an online, albeit small, environment tomorrow night.

Edited by domokun

In the well-deserved plaudits, we shouldn't forget the BIS staff who gave us the commands that made this and other developments possible.

Unique company, unique product, and, IME, a unique community - as so well-demonstrated in this thread.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but is the TPW LOS v1.02 also now MP compatible?

Also are both TPWCAS v3.01 and TPW_LOS v1.02 compatible with i44?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but is the TPW LOS v1.02 also now MP compatible?

Also are both TPWCAS v3.01 and TPW_LOS v1.02 compatible with i44?

Well my dumb answer is "I don't know" for the 1st question, and "not unless i44 is running on beta 94103 or better" for the 2nd.

That reminds me, I need to put TPWLOS back on the 1st post.

I44 works great with this and the LOS Mod. Was playing for a couple of hours today with both active and it was awesome

running with beta patch and these mods

@cba;@coslx;@i44;@maps\@landtex;@other\@asr_ai;@other\@lea;@other\@mcc_sandbox;@other\@proper;@other\@stmovement;@other\@tpwc_ai_suppress;@other\@truegameplay;@other\@trueuser;@sound\@jsrs1.4;@sound\@rug_dsai;baf;pmc;@other\@tpw_ai_los;@other\@gl4

I44 works great with this and the LOS Mod. Was playing for a couple of hours today with both active and it was awesome

@cba;@coslx;@i44;@maps\@landtex;@other\@asr_ai;@other\@lea;@other\@mcc_sandbox;@other\@proper;@other\@stmovement;@other\@tpwc_ai_suppress;@other\@truegameplay;@other\@trueuser;@sound\@jsrs1.4;@sound\@rug_dsai;baf;pmc;@other\@tpw_ai_los;@other\@gl4

Thanks for that Doombug. And welcome to the forum!

Can this be server side only mod or is it has to be both, the server and clients ?

Downloaded your mod in the morning. I am using it with the ACE and few mod packs(German, French, Australian and updated CDF). + ASR rearming and "TWP AI LOS". The problem is that debugging can't be turned off. Even when I am deleting the debug script, it's still working. How can I disable this "balls" feature? Game version in CO 1.60

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought so but my testing didn't seem conclusive.

Downloaded your mod in the morning. I am using it with the ACE and few mod packs(German, French, Australian and updated CDF). + ASR rearming and "TWP AI LOS". The problem is that debugging can't be turned off. Even when I am deleting the debug script, it's still working. How can I disable this "balls" feature? Game version in CO 1.60

Goto the userconfig folder and find the directory entitled TPW_AIS. Inside you'll find a file that you can edit in any text editor. Scroll down and look for the "debug = 1", something like that and change it to "debug = 0". Save the file, close the file and run OA. It should now be fixed.

To turn off debugging, you only need to edit the .cpp in the user config (RTFM!). Also make sure that you do the same for TPW_AI_LOS, which also has a debugging option to display balls (IIRC off by default, but check it anyway).

Actually - my mad. Sorry, was changing EVERYTHING, but not the one .cpp in the mod folder. Great mod, though.

Can this be server side only mod or is it has to be both, the server and clients ?

You can run it as server side only on a dedicated server.

there are option that only for dedicated server only.

//PLAYER SUPPRESSION SHAKE. 0 = NO SUPPRESSION, 1 = SUPPRESSION.

tpwcas_playershake = 1; //FORCED OFF IF RUNNING ON DEDICATED SERVER

//PLAYER SUPPRESSION VISUALS. 0 = NO SUPPRESSION, 1 = SUPPRESSION.

tpwcas_playervis = 1; //FORCED OFF IF RUNNING ON DEDICATED SERVER

what happen if I leave it on for dedicated? will it work or it does something else?

what happen if I leave it on for dedicated?

tpwcas_playershake = 1; //FORCED OFF IF RUNNING ON DEDICATED SERVER

tpwcas_playervis = 1; //FORCED OFF IF RUNNING ON DEDICATED SERVER

Question (and I think I already know the answer but to confirm) - if run on a dedicated server the only way to get player suppression and visual effects is for the clients to also have the addon?

The MP code has been developed in such a way same code is needed both serverside and client side, and is therfor highly recommended.

This should benefit in performance and precision for player triggerd suppression.

If only used serverside it is expected to work only partially for al AI not part of a players group. Visual debug will not work. Player visual surpression like camshake neither. Player triggered AI suppression may or may not work.

The player camshake was something that was disabled by default for MP dedicated server, but due to a recent code change may work now after all. This hasn't been tested yet, so any feedback is welcome on this

So unfortunately this isn't true at the moment.

We may embed a future option to specifically choose server side only, if it would appear performance and precision don't suffer from this (or at least not for everyone) and there appears to be a demand for this.

Edited by Ollem

Request:

Anybody out there with access to Linux based dedicated server? (or is able to quickly create one?)

Sofar I got feedback from 1 Linux based dedicated server where the MP code didn't work as expected:

Debug colors changed, but AI did not go prone or crouched.

Upsmon and ASR_AI seem to work well on this server so this is realy strange..

Therfor I would like to know if this could somehow be Linux related or (hopefully) due to some other issue..?

The MP code has been developed in such a way same code is needed both serverside and client side, and is therfor highly recommended.

This should benefit in performance and precision for player triggerd suppression.

If only used serverside it is expected to work only partially for al AI not part of a players group. Visual debug will not work. Player visual surpression like camshake neither. Player triggered AI suppression may or may not work.

The player camshake was something that was disabled by default for MP dedicated server, but due to a recent code change may work now after all. This hasn't been tested yet, so any feedback is welcome on this

So unfortunately this isn't true at the moment.

We may embed a future option to specifically choose server side only, if it would appear performance and precision don't suffer from this (or at least not for everyone) and there appears to be a demand for this.

Sigh. I really should just shut my mouth regarding all MP questions.

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

Getting invalid download link after entering security code.

I could recommend http://www.multiupload.com

Thanks Sickboy. I'll check it out. I'll also get Foxhound to put it up on Armaholic.

Once you can download it, it would be great it it could go up on Six Updater.

Thanks for the response. So if I wanted to force player supp and shake on the dedicated server to test it out how would I go about doing it?

Edit: 3.01 is on SU network now.. thanks sickboy!!

Request:

Anybody out there with access to Linux based dedicated server? (or is able to quickly create one?)

Sofar I got feedback from 1 Linux based dedicated server where the MP code didn't work as expected:

Debug colors changed, but AI did not go prone or crouched.

Upsmon and ASR_AI seem to work well on this server so this is realy strange..

Therfor I would like to know if this could somehow be Linux related or (hopefully) due to some other issue..?

We have same issue on our Linux server. It run with asr_ai. AI don't prone or crouch under suppression

Hi to all,

i´m so impressed from the last version of the @TPWC AI suppression system and as well from the unique @TPW LOS -Line of sight-,

because the addons/scripts change the game totally, in my opinion.

It´s a reexperience of the ArmA gameplay and i would say a new realism!

Both scripts work perfect and the adjustments i have made give me the opportunity to choose the settings for a mission i like to play.

If in a close combat, or as a sniper, also in distance fights, the awesome script allows everything to adjust, so that the realism becomes a new face...

I´m out of words to discribe this wonderful work..., so i have to show how nice it works together.

Big thank you and have a look, sow on the very quick reaction of my mates in combat! :cool:

Regards

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

So if I wanted to force player supp and shake on the dedicated server to test it out how would I go about doing it?

In the tpwcas.sqf script there are 2 parameters that can be set to enable this:

tpwcas_playershake = 1;

tpwcas_playervis = 1;

Currently those are set to 0 (enabled) by default for both Single play players as well as Multiplayer players.

So in the latest code (v301) no need to change anything to be able to know if it works or not.. just make sure the AI is shooting you but dont kill you.. :p

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

We have same issue on our Linux server. It run with asr_ai. AI don't prone or crouch under suppression

Hmmm, no good :-(

While debug ball color changing works according to expected suppression level this limits the amount of potential causes.

First we would need to know if stance changing commands like 'setunitpos "middle"' and 'setunitpos "down"' actually work on a dedicated Linux server.

I'm not able to perform some Linux debug tests with this within the next 2 weeks, but will have a close look at it asap.

Is the Arma dedicated Linux server really different from the Arma dedicated Windows server that such different behaviour could be expected?

Anyone any idea what could possibly be the issue here?

Not put on the thread for a while been testing hard: 3.01, are we still on that?

I made a vid tonight of TPWC working with parts from gl4 and slx. I will have to edit it as its over 4gb long, that’s even with it at 25% recorded on msi afterburner. Anyhow, it shows all these mods at work, it’s a combat vid (only a skirmish) based in a small village (Takistan), it shows the ai using buildings, to position themselves at windows, doors, balconies, rooftops etc, and firing from those positions.

Now this happens normally with the mix our group uses, but with TPWC it seems to let them position a little more nicely, how! who knows, its all upto the ai, they make the decisions. The fire-fight went on for around 20mins or so, I placed myself in town as a preacher, figured they wouldn't shot me that way.. I was also a unit for the Russians (the attackers) but left myself well out of harms way and let my comrades get on with it. They are all ai, I am the only human on the map. I put the civilian in the village so that I could watch how the BAF squads got on.

I will have to edit it to get it uploaded to youtube, or put it in parts. Will work on it over the weekend and try and get it up asap and link it in the thread.

Any ideas on why the lower quality recording setting (i.e.25%) makes the picture darker than for real?

Still quite watchable on 720hd full screen, but not great quality, I am a bit hopeless video making..

The mods working great at present, but still testing, have to do a full on town attack, building to building, now may have to do that in a slightly higher quality setting maybe 40%, just takes soooo long to upload these things..

Why does 24mins or so cost over 4gb, seems alot to me...

In the tpwcas.sqf script there are 2 parameters that can be set to enable this:

tpwcas_playershake = 1;

tpwcas_playervis = 1;

Currently those are set to 0 (enabled) by default for both Single play players as well as Multiplayer players.

So in the latest code (v301) no need to change anything to be able to know if it works or not.. just make sure the AI is shooting you but dont kill you.. :p

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Hmmm, no good :-(

While debug ball color changing works according to expected suppression level this limits the amount of potential causes.

First we would need to know if stance changing commands like 'setunitpos "middle"' and 'setunitpos "down"' actually work on a dedicated Linux server.

I'm not able to perform some Linux debug tests with this within the next 2 weeks, but will have a close look at it asap.

Is the Arma dedicated Linux server really different from the Arma dedicated Windows server that such different behaviour could be expected?

Anyone any idea what could possibly be the issue here?

Units don't crouch if already prone:

if ((_unit call CBA_fnc_getunitanim) select 0 != "prone") then  
					{ 
					_unit setunitpos "middle";     
					}; 
				};

I wonder if CBA_fnc_getunitanim is not working properly?