Sign in to follow this  
suma

PlayerId change for Reinforcements / ArmA X users

We have identified a problem with the PlayerIds used to identify players in the multiplayer games. The problem is that while PlayerIds are unique for individual products, the same PlayerId can be used for a different product and players with different products can play together on the same servers.

Products currently conflicting are:

A2 / A2Free

A2OA / ArmA 2: Reinforcements / ArmA X Anniversary Edition

The conflict for the Operation Arrowhead family of products was solved by changing PlayerId for all players using ArmA 2: Reinforcements or ArmA X Anniversary Edition. The users ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead will find their PlayerIds unchanged. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, but unfortunately such conflict cannot be solved in a 100 % backwards compatible way.

The solution is implemented in build 94002 and will be available as a public beta first, and a stable patch later.

Thanks for letting us know.

So does this mean that innocent players may have been banned in the process of the recent global BE bans? I'm not familiar with the BE banning process. What is the player ID used for?

So does this mean that innocent players may have been banned in the process of the recent global BE bans?

BE bans by GUID, which is based on the CD key (which is different from the player ID), so no.

BattlEye bans are not affected by this, as they are not based on PlayerId, only individual server bans.

One known problem is that two players having different products (say Operation Arrowhead and Arma X Edition), with the same PlayerId share the same slot in the global DayZ hive, therefore they both progress with the same character.

I think I got to face this problem. (Don't beat me up for mentioning the following mod). So I was playing DayZ, and began noticing that sometimes when I connect, I have completelly different gear and equipment. I asked DayZ devteam about this, was told to contact BIS because its a CD key issue. Contacted BIS, they told me to go post it to DayZ forums because its problem within DayZ. Then I got Email asking me to wait for the next beta that'd fix this issue (This beta I presume). Now, today when I went to play, the bug still occurs. I STILL get completelly different geat upon connecting any server... My playerID is 613825, I own A2 and OA as hard copies, BAF and PMC from Sprocket, each as separate purchase. I'm using the latest beta, and latest version of DayZ modfiles.

We have identified a problem with the PlayerIds used to identify players in the multiplayer games. The problem is that while PlayerIds are unique for individual products, the same PlayerId can be used for a different product and players with different products can play together on the same servers.

Products currently conflicting are:

A2 / A2Free

A2OA / ArmA 2: Reinforcements / ArmA X Anniversary Edition

The conflict for the Operation Arrowhead family of products was solved by changing PlayerId for all players using ArmA 2: Reinforcements or ArmA X Anniversary Edition. The users ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead will find their PlayerIds unchanged. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, but unfortunately such conflict cannot be solved in a 100 % backwards compatible way.

The solution is implemented in build 94002 and will be available as a public beta first, and a stable patch later.

Hi everyone,

since Sunday july 1st I noticed a change in my Player ID. Before the DDOS attack on the Hive it was:

103170AX (using Arma X)

after the attack its now:

The result is someone playing the same character (or me playing his...depends on the way you look at it)

Can someone help me to change that back or tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance

Kurt

Hi!

I still have the issue. Someone else has the same player id as mine. I got CD key in use message a lot and when I am able to join a server I have different equipment, I am at different locations. So how can I solve this problem? This is really frustrating.

Please help me!

Thank you!

since Sunday july 1st I noticed a change in my Player ID. Before the DDOS attack on the Hive it was:

103170AX (using Arma X)

after the attack its now:

This is the player Id you see in the player profile screen? If not, where (and what is the player Id in the profile screen)?

What is the game build number you can see in the main menu?

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

For me too, the problem persists. Takes the incentive to play :(

What is the player ID you can see in the profile screen? What is the build number in the main menu? What edition is your game (Operation Arrowhead, Reinforcements, or X: Anniversary edition)?

If someone is not comfortable of posting his Player Id here in public, feel free to post the reply to me as a personal message.

Unfortuanetly I am away for another week, so I cannot tell you exactly what ID and build I have, but my game was always up to date. OA beta patch and DayZ. My version is the Combined Operations bundles, bought from a german retailer, read a few threads in the DayZ forums and most people with the problem seem to have german retail editions too.

So, i have the same problem with the game.

I purchased a Version of ArmA X Anniversary yesterday from a big german electro shop, installed everything and DayZ and when i then started the game, i was fully equiped with good weapons and stuff so i'm sure someone is using the same Players ID as i do.

As i'm aware of this Player ID problem, i didn't play the other character but i don't wan't to wait forever to play a game wich i payed for as i only buy a game once per year.

I'll put some Data, so you have a better picture of it:

Player ID: 160322AX

Game Version of Operation Arrowhead: 1.62.95417

Game Version of ArmA 2: 1.11

Beta Patch Version: 95417 (since the most Servers use it in the moment)

DayZ Mod Version: 1.7.2.4

A fix for this issue would be nice.

Having bought OA yesterday and using it in combination with Arma2Free and Experiencing the exact same problem. Completely taking the fun out of the game. Is there any hope this problem will be resolved in the forseeable future? Please, save me ( and the poster above too, if possible :) )

Hey Bohemia Interactive,

Today I tried to log into my account in Day Z and got the message "CD Key in Use" and I dont understand why, I seriously have no clue at all ... Logged in, logged out, tried to filter a Server and accidently hit in the Filter options "Battleye needed: No" and then back to Default, now I cant join servers anymore because each server tells me my CD Key is already in use which is kinda funny because I bought the Game 4 Days ago via amazon (Arma X Box).

Infos about my game/character

Player ID: 27074AX

Player Name: LennoxAUT

Game Version of Operation Arrowhead: 1.62.95417

Beta Patch Version: 95417

DayZ Mod Version: 1.7.2.4

I hope you can help me with either a new CD Key or debug that please, its kinda annoying, would be appreciated if you could help me

Thanks

LennoxAUT