Sign in to follow this  
haints

1.60 Patch Causes Z Fighting?

I know this isn't a beta patch issue but it still seemed like the best forum ...

I went from 1.59 to 1.60 and now I have really bad z-fighting when looking through the scope. Fortunately I had backed up my 1.59 install so I can go back, but I would still like to see some of the changes that 1.60 introduced ... without the z fighting.

Anyone know a fix for this?

No, I got this problem too! Anyways... this is the wrong place.

Just create a ticket on the Community Issue Tracker with

a repro of the problem:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/39/wiki/CIT

or head to this subforum and create a new thread about it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?83-ARMA-2-amp-OA-TROUBLESHOOTING

And of course.... always use the search function, I am sure it is already mentioned somewhere.

Greetings

CriminalMinds

Edited by CriminalMinds

I know this isn't a beta patch issue but it still seemed like the best forum ...

If you know it's not a beta patch issue, why on earth you post it then in the beta patch thread?

Moved to troubleshooting.

Seems like a beta issue, because I don't remember it being so bad in 1.60, but at some point in the betas it got really bad and has remained pretty bad.

Thanks everyone for responding!

The z fighting issue started for me at least when I went from 1.59 to the official 1.60 patch. The difference is not subtle. Terrible z fighting through the scope with 1.60, almost none with 1.59. But 1.60 brings a bunch of improvements I don't want to miss out on ... but I just can't live with, for instance, cars mutating and flickering in and out of existence.